UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Been a nice day here today and I got loads done in the garden and am now kernackered - tis a nice feeling though and I've had a bath and dinner and am relaxing with a glass of wine. We seem to be the local ornithological maternity ward. We have a river at the bottom of the garden and three ducks have already nested and hatched ducklings there and there is a fourth sitting on a nest now. That bit is fenced off so the dogs can't annoy them (and to stop Kai disappearing into the river lol). Also a moorhen has laid eggs in her nest on the fork of a tree trunk which has bent into the river and the housemartins have returned to the nest they built in the garage last year. Little things like that cheer me up muchly.

Marion - I'm sorry I'm not keeping up. Why aren't you sleeping and having to have a dog walker?

Amy - hope you managed to have some kind of a birthday celebration.

Moaning :tired:

Timmy has for the past two mornings woken me up at 4 am ish by trying to climb inside my skin. I've moved him off me, but he keeps coming back and then just when I'm nodding off, he moves and wakes me up again. Little git.

Morning folks. Still rather wet and cold here.

Marion - I'm sorry I'm not keeping up. Why aren't you sleeping and having to have a dog walker?

I'm having trouble with my joints Eve, particularly my hips. I need a stick to walk - or rather hobble :rolleyes: The pain is worse at night when I'm in bed resulting in broken sleep. And that's why Archie has the dog walker Monday - Thursday. Ruby gives him longer walks Friday - Sunday - if she's here!

Snow thanks for the link to the tee-shirt company. I shall enjoy browsing through those :biggrin:

• Like 1

I had a lovely weekend with my son and family...my daughter in law had bought me a birthday cake, and when we got up on Sunday morning there were Happy Birthday banners in the hall, kitchen and living room. :luvlove: I was looking forward to a nights sleep without being disturbed by dogs wriggling around on the bed...I hadn't reckoned with being joined by Aidan (my three year old grandson) at five in the morning! For a little one, he certainly managed to spread himself out. We had a good run back home, three and half hours door to door from Lancing on the south coast to Chesterfield :)

There is now an Action Group against the mining group and I've somehow ended up on the committee...erk! Never been on a committee before in my life! Apparently a lot of people are actually for it rather than against, as the company is promising money for the local community if it goes through. Play areas for the kids, astro turf playing field etc. That will be lovely for about a week, till the local yobboes wreck the playground and ride their motor bikes over the astro turf. I can't believe how short sighted people can be, can't they see they are being conned? :mad1:

• Like 1

Timmy has for the past two mornings woken me up at 4 am ish by trying to climb inside my skin. I've moved him off me, but he keeps coming back and then just when I'm nodding off, he moves and wakes me up again. Little git.

Bojangles started doing this to me. I started getting desperately worried that he was going to die of something terrible that I hadnt spotted in time. It transpired that actually it was me that was ill. Every time I had an infection or flare up he would damn near sleep on top of me. One op later and he is back to sleeping on his own side with his head on his own memory foam pillow. He was at one point waking me up getting as close to me as he could but now its peaceful. Might be worth getting a check up Alex

And another night out last night too, glad you are enjoying yourself. :guitar:

:laughingsmiley:

Enjoy1 :thumbsup_anim:

Enjoy! :thumbsup_anim:

Tis sunny here! I am going to the lotty.......I may be some time digging.gif

Thank you, though I am learning two nights in a row is too much for me - I spent lots of Sunday resting!!

I love your lotty emoticon!!

Yantan hope you are feeling muchly better.

What plants did you buy Alex....

How did the GAP show go Kittycat? Where you selling your stuff or just attending?

I have the same problem with my snooze button Alex :p

(null)

Stupid question, but why do your posts always have (null) at the end? :unsure:

Bojangles started doing this to me. I started getting desperately worried that he was going to die of something terrible that I hadnt spotted in time. It transpired that actually it was me that was ill. Every time I had an infection or flare up he would damn near sleep on top of me. One op later and he is back to sleeping on his own side with his head on his own memory foam pillow. He was at one point waking me up getting as close to me as he could but now its peaceful. Might be worth getting a check up Alex

Thanks Lesley. I'll see how he goes tonight and if I have to surgically remove him again, I'll get to the doctors. I'm due a health check anyway.

What plants did you buy Alex....

I bought a couple of roses which are now sunning themselves in tubs :flowers:

We have been out looking at cars this afternoon, have to say I clearly have lost touch with the value of things up until now the most we've ever paid for a car has been £2k we simply have never been able to afford anything more and that one was a one off that we kept for 8 years until it fell apart, usually we buy cars older than 10 years and no more than £1k -£1500 (hubbys current car cost us £450). Now we are in a new price/age bracket for the first time in our lives, we're looking to spend £5k on a young low mileage dog friendly estate or 4x4 (pretty much ruled out the 4x4 now) we looked at 3 different Ford Focus Estates an 05. 06 & 07 in 3 different dealerships - all described as immaculate condition. Hmmph clearly my definition of immaculate is different to theirs, as are my expectations of what £5k should buy. It wasn't just the Fords I had a look round dozens of cars this afternoon none of them apart from the Focus were suitable for a Nog sized dog yet were apparently "estates" but fecking hell some of them were 10 years old and over 100k mileage yet were still asking £5k!! Rob says my car pricing/value system is stuck in the 80's LOL but I'm really disappointed, this is more than twice as much as we have ever paid for a car in our entire lives and I guess I was expecting it to be twice as good *sighs* fecking inflation ....

Snow, have you looked at the Mitsubishi Lancer estate? I used to have one and it was brilliant. Only reason I sold it was because it was hopeless in snow, and living up in the hills, you need a car that can cope a bit better. They aren't that common, but are quite cheap. Used to be able to fit my 3 in the back no problems - I had a tailgate guard that meant I got the maximum space for the dogs.