UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

We have been out looking at cars this afternoon, have to say I clearly have lost touch with the value of things up until now the most we've ever paid for a car has been £2k we simply have never been able to afford anything more and that one was a one off that we kept for 8 years until it fell apart, usually we buy cars older than 10 years and no more than £1k -£1500 (hubbys current car cost us £450). Now we are in a new price/age bracket for the first time in our lives, we're looking to spend £5k on a young low mileage dog friendly estate or 4x4 (pretty much ruled out the 4x4 now) we looked at 3 different Ford Focus Estates an 05. 06 & 07 in 3 different dealerships - all described as immaculate condition. Hmmph clearly my definition of immaculate is different to theirs, as are my expectations of what £5k should buy. It wasn't just the Fords I had a look round dozens of cars this afternoon none of them apart from the Focus were suitable for a Nog sized dog yet were apparently "estates" but fecking hell some of them were 10 years old and over 100k mileage yet were still asking £5k!! Rob says my car pricing/value system is stuck in the 80's LOL but I'm really disappointed, this is more than twice as much as we have ever paid for a car in our entire lives and I guess I was expecting it to be twice as good *sighs* fecking inflation ....

Have you looked at the Parkers website? That's how I found the correct pricing for my car which enabled me to do some negotiation when I found the car I wanted (via Autotrader). If you look at dealerships you'll pay well over the odds.

bl**dy hell Snow, come up to the midlands, for £4000 you can have a merc c320 elegance estate, full service history, just had major service leather interior triptronic gearbox and a v6 3.2 litre engine! (bit of a gas guzzler) it does have 92000 miles but to be honest engines nowadays are made to last a lot longer and as we used to say a jag was only just getting run in at 100k. same place has a peugeot 807 (people mover so stacks of room for Nog) 40k on the clock £5500

skodas are great, and good prices.

Ive got another foster coming today. I was going to do part of the transport run but realised why ive felt so ill (and the dogs couldnt get close enough to me on the bed), because I was ill when I put my pills in the dispenser for the week, I had put the wrong ones in! Ive only been filling it for 1million years, but when im ill, and nobody here to check me .......

so when I climb down from the ceiling.... ive got a doctors appointment at 10, so ill ask for a bit more help with my breathing

what was I saying ... oh yes, another foster coming today, ive sorted my part of the run,so here about midday

love to all, tooo stoned to keep up this week

• Like 1

aw, sorry Suzeanna <hugs>. Lesley did like your post. I'm terrible for speed reading a few posts and not replying. Then going back a day later and trying to speak to everyone and inevitably missing someone out. It's honestly not deliberate. I'm really pleased you had a lovely birthday weekend and that your family made it special for you. Including snuggles from your grandson.

I'm sure you'll be brilliant on the committee. If you come across even half as passionate as you do on here to the local community you'll soon persuade them round to your point of view.

Rain seems to have disappeared for a while but garden is still too soggy to do half the stuff i want to do.

Anyone know why I can't post pictures on here from photobucket? Don't think I'm doing anything different but don't seem to be able to upload any, doesn't matter which browser i use either.

Hope the doctor has sorted you out Jazz, it sounds scary!

Isn't anyone speaking to me? :crying_anim02: I put on a post about my birthday weekend and the Action Group for the opencast and no one said a dicky bird!

Who said that? :D I'm also guilty of speed reading so apologies if you felt neglected :flowers:

sorry Suzeanna, i haven't been keeping up very well at all! i hope you had a lovely Birthday and it is terrific you are on the committee to try and prevent the mining...... i hope you can get it stopped.

Jazz i hope you feel better soon and the doctor has helped you.

my neighbour just called me and asked if i could pop out and see her car as someone had reversed into her, minor damage really, nothing that won't pull and polish out but i don't blame her for doing what she is going to do...... she is going through the insurance as the fella who hit her and his son were aggressive and refused to give insurance details and said that she had the reg number and that was enough, they kept telling her it was just dirt and not damage on her car but you can feel the scratches. i don't think she will get very far and i suspect she will have to foot the bill, i can fully see them saying they weren't in the car and that she is lying, doubt she will get very far at all.

ooooooooo Houndzrus i quite fancy one of those fuschias for out the front..... wonder can i get my dad to go and fetch one or maybe two Lol

Who said that? :D I'm also guilty of speed reading so apologies if you felt neglected :flowers:

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me...going to the garden to eat worms! :barf: Oh, incidentally...my OH is going to be :mad1: with me...he was quite happy for me to get involved with this committee thing, but I seem to have somehow given them the impression he'd be willing to be on it too. Oops....

• Like 1

hmmm I thought I had replied to your post Suzeanna and I don't know why I didn't cause I read your post a fair few times chuckling at you wanting a lie in and being denied one!!

Laughing mainly because I am suffering great sleep deprivation at the moment because the cats body clocks are misaligned to mine.

...and on the selling of the land, it still amazes me when I go back to Marlow that one of the schools sold some of its land off for housing...it's land they will never be able to get back or have something similar for the kids to run around on, bizarre behaviour and as you say very short sighted. Worse still was Longridge Scout Camp (http://www.longridge.org.uk/) this was sold by the Scout Association and was bought by another charity...I spent many evenings and weekends at this place....it is on the river Thames in Marlow...words failed me then and do now at how short sighted the scout association were for the benefits this place brought to the Baden-Powell movements, from quite a distance and if they had spent a little and used peoples skills could have continued to build it into something long lasting, but no they saw the £million pound price tag and sold it :-(