UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

:GroupHug: Uncle Albert

:GroupHug: Phoenix

:ohmy: at stolen laptops.

One of my hammies is not well at all, i'm hoping he'll shuffle off to the Bridge but if not i'll have to take him to vets to send him on his way. A few weeks ago he cut his back ,no idea how but it was nothing bad but it just isnt healing, then sunday it looks like hes had a stroke. Hes uncoordinated so i've had to take him out of his huge mansion and put him in a small flat cage as he kept crashing off his shelves. Today he has massively swollen areas :unsure: but hes still his normal grumpy self :rolleyes: eating tiny bits and drinking. Grizzly is an old boy as hes 3 and detests any kind of handling , i took him on as he'd been teased by kids so learnt to attack as defense. Hes had a good 18mths with me but the bugger wont go :wub: :laugh: Added to that one of Jodies mice has a huge growth on his belly :unsure: Think i'll do a mass pts appointment at vets and have myself included :laugh:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another cloudless sky..which is pleasant I know, but if our rain stays away as it has for the south, we'll be joining them with hosepipe bans soon!

When we had fancy mice one had a very nasty growth on her side. My OH took her outside, apologised to her and put her out of her pain...I couldn't have done it. Our ancient doddery hamster, who lived to be over three, went of her own accord bless her.

:ohmy: at stolen laptops.

You would have thought that after the break in we had about 6 weeks ago (actually more of a walk in than a break in cos our security was so pants) that they would have made it a bit more secure. They did start putting better locks and a fob system in, but then stopped and then nothing happened for a month. Now all of a sudden they are jumping up and down about getting the work finished. The words "horse" and "stable door" and "bolted" spring to mind :rolleyes: but at least it's now like Fort Knox.

Gentle thoughts being sent for hammy :GroupHug:

RMF : One of our suppliers has REALLY peed me off today and have had an appropriate snot-o-gram. I've demanded they address their failings PDQ or their ass is grass :mad:

Alex, i suppose they've at least done it now but you'd thought they would have learnt first time round :wacko:

I've been googling Toffee mouse growth and it looks like it a fast growing tumour :mecry: it has come up very quickly and goes from his tummy down into his back leg. Hes fine at the moment but obviously due to where it is i think he'll be unable to get around if it grows anymore.If it is hes probably only got a few weeks left.

I forgot Ben rats pics so i'll do them later. Oh, Ben might just have his half brother Boris as a friend :rolleyes: :laugh: Boris is an absolute runt, well under half the size of Ben even though hes only 2 wks younger. The breeder gave him to me and he has grown since but not a lot. Think part of the problem was she has several rats together and i dont think he was getting enough food as in getting shoved out the way, the first day he did nothing but eat and eat. His coat is improving but dont think he'll win any beauty awards :laugh:

That's an interesting play subject Cheryl! Break a leg Emily flowers.gif

Tis a glorious day here but there's no peace. Next door neighbour but one has the builders in knocking a window out and enlarging the hole to put french windows in. I couldn't stand the noise so have come in from the garden as it's slightly more bearable indoors.

Having just found the lovely dog walkers I think they may be packing in - they just aren't getting enough business to make it worthwhile mecry.gif They haven't said anything but I think that's where its going.

:GroupHug: to all who need them.

Have been lurking but reading and apologise for not posting for ages. Am being far too introspective for my own good lately. I want to go back home to Scotland so much but OH wouldn't contemplate it and having ageing and poorly Dad and ailing sister in south of England means it's not really feasible anyway. I can be there for them in a few hours if they need me and they can come and stay with me whenever they want. I have a great life in so many ways and should be grateful for what I've got but I'm miserable half the time and feel trapped. Then I feel selfish and guilty as I've nothing to feel miserable about really. Give me a good kick someone lol

Marion it's Belly Dancing - I am sure ours is Eygptian (I'm the one on the front right as you watch it.)

We have spent 6 weeks I think learning *veils* this term. They are so graceful to dance with! Next will come sticks, not looking so graceful yet, but there is still time!

Eve there is nothing Worse than being somewhere you don't want to be, that's enough to make you feel miserable :( is there scope in the future to go back home?

Tonight's shift at work was so boring, we did 400 people all evening, it was like a ghost town, I spent most of the evening updating HR files *yawn* .

Edited by kittycat