UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

:GroupHug: eve

400 is quiet? what do you do?

trudy has the test again for her liver, lets just hope the first one was wrong. and uncle albert is having a check up, lets just hope its just old age for him

im picking up my scooter today :biggrin: its got a log book like a car!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all.

It's going to be another beautiful day biggrin.gif

Well my car has gone to the garage so fingers crossed that there's nothing major required to get it through it's MOT.

Eve I know just how you feel Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Steph sod the domestic duties - put your feet up! Get out and enjoy the lovely weather. You have my permission to do so laugh.gif

Hope all is well with Trudy and Uncle Albert, and Yantan's car.

I will be looking for a cheaper car insurer. Have been with mine for 25 years and like them, but they can only insure my van at commercial rates because I use it for transporting. When I had a car it didn't cost extra but as it is a van it counts as business use. Hope someone can do me a better deal. :unsure:

eve :GroupHug:

Bones the AWOL husky got very bold last night, approached a dog walker and sniffed round his little dog which was on lead. The man got a good look at her, and noted her unusual white patch between shoulders. Looks like she is getting a bit lonely, which may work to our advantage. Man will be out same time and place tonight with a spare lead.

Well my car has gone to the garage so fingers crossed that there's nothing major required to get it through it's MOT.

Fingers crossed :flowers:

Meant to ask - how is Ruby these days?

Steph - I second what Maz said :flowers:

Bones the AWOL husky got very bold last night, approached a dog walker and sniffed round his little dog which was on lead. The man got a good look at her, and noted her unusual white patch between shoulders. Looks like she is getting a bit lonely, which may work to our advantage. Man will be out same time and place tonight with a spare lead.

Sounds encouraging :flowers:

Yay for uncle Albert :biggrin:

RMF : I've been eating fudge. It's sickly.

Meant to ask - how is Ruby these days?

She had picked up really well and was making great progress but the depression started creeping up on her again last week and now she's struggling. I'm hoping it's just a blip. I think it seems worse to her because she has had a few weeks of "normal" and was hoping she'd finally seen the back of it. There seems to be no middle ground though. Either she is on top of the world or back in a deep pit of despair.

Phebe I'm glad you found a much cheaper insurance provider. Woowoo to SAGA biggrin.gif

She had picked up really well and was making great progress but the depression started creeping up on her again last week and now she's struggling. I'm hoping it's just a blip. I think it seems worse to her because she has had a few weeks of "normal" and was hoping she'd finally seen the back of it. There seems to be no middle ground though. Either she is on top of the world or back in a deep pit of despair.

Hopefully it's just a temporary blip :flowers:

RMF : I've just ordered another bluddy seatbelt off eBay for my car. If anyone remembers the faff I had last year as I had to have three replaced thanks to Timmy :mad: I've kept him away from the seatbelts since then, but there are some small cuts in the front passenger seat belt and I've no idea how they got there as it's never ever used :unsure: Anyway, my friend's hubby has seen a photo (he has his own garage) and reckons it will fail the MOT on that, so rather than pay £300 for a brand new one, I've paid £100 for a used one. I just hope it bloody fits because last time I got ripped off and sent one which was the wrong belt, then had an awful job trying to get another one. Please keep fingers crossed that a) it's the right belt, b) it's MOT-worthy, c) that the SRS light isn't something which costs a fortune to fix and d) nothing else nasty turns up cos otherwise my car is going to have to sit on the drive until I can afford to get it fixed.

suzeanna, hope you don't get the bug.

Everything crossed for the merlemobile.

They are all coming out of the woodwork, or rather the undergrowth, today. A man has just seen norty gone-feral patterdales Jess and Bramble in a field close to previous sightings. He saw a poster straight afterwards and phoned owners, who were unfortuntely in Bristol but are now on way home.

Glad there have been more sightings flowers.gif

I stopped to fill the car up on the way home - they were queuing around the block. wacko.gif

According to The Guardian online it's because David Cameron has warned people "to be prepared". Tis the same here with filling station queues rolleyes.gif

Hope the seatbelt issue works out OK flowers.gif

Hurrah for sightings of the Patterdales biggrin.gif

Fingers crossed for the car Alex :flowers:

Hope Ruby feels better soon :flowers:

Hope all the lost dogs get reunited with their owners.

What has Cameron said we have to be prepared for? What's going on with petrol? I'm living in a bubble right now :wacko:

Tanker drivers are threatening strike but no date set yet.

Last week the government stated there would be no shortages as they had arranged for the army to maintain the supplies.

Today, David Cameron has advised people to top up in case of shortages.

So , what happens? Everybody panic buys and the fuel stations run out. That makes more people panic buy when they can. But they will probably have used that fuel before a strike happens.

I think it is a ploy to set Joe Public against the the tanker drivers, in the hope that the bad feeling will dissuade them from striking.

Just read on Doglost that two Newfies left with a pet sitter 'went missing'. The police recovered the adult but the pup is still missing- believed sold on to unsuspecting people. What a nightmare for the owners.