UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote name='owl' timestamp='1332928984' post='932358'

Bones the AWOL husky got very bold last night, approached a dog walker and sniffed round his little dog which was on lead. The man got a good look at her, and noted her unusual white patch between shoulders. Looks like she is getting a bit lonely, which may work to our advantage. Man will be out same time and place tonight with a spare lead.

Fingers crossed :flowers:

uncle albert got a clean bill of health

:biggrin:

She had picked up really well and was making great progress but the depression started creeping up on her again last week and now she's struggling.

I hope Ruby picks up again soon :flowers:

My OH has an awful cold and cough..he went to work for 7am, and was sent home again at 8.30. I've got this scratchy tickly throat now, if he's given me his lurgy, I'll murder him! :angry:

There's people at work with that too. I am trying to avoid them. :unsure:

RMF : I've just ordered another bluddy seatbelt off eBay for my car.

Fingers crossed :flowers:

Tanker drivers are threatening strike but no date set yet.

I think the media makes people panic buy, so they have something to write about. :mad:

:GroupHug: Eve, sorry you're feeling low.

Sorry for I have missed :flowers:

Busy busy here as I am back at work and just about everyone else is on holiday :rolleyes:

Went to the common on Monday night, it was a perfect evening and the dogs enjoyed themselves.

I think Jack enjoyed it the most! :laugh:

cfdc6e84.jpg

f1d2f551.jpg

Jack's face is priceless :laugh:

Thank you for all my hugs - and sorry for my self pitying whinge last night. I do have a good life really but just really miss my son and my family and friends in Scotland. But working hard in the garden today then sitting in the sun with the dogs and a glass of wine while dinner was cooking kind of lightened my mood a bit.

Just read on Doglost that two Newfies left with a pet sitter 'went missing'. The police recovered the adult but the pup is still missing- believed sold on to unsuspecting people. What a nightmare for the owners.

Yes, it's this one:

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=38209&status=Lost

At least she is landseer markings, very distinctive, so let's hope someone sees her.

suzeanna, the bug has travelled this way. I have sneezes & bad throat. I was meant to be out looking for Bones this eve, but have lost my car keys :angry: which is in a way good as I will have to stay at home. I am also locked inside the gate, as house and gate keys are on same ring. Becky has the spare set for those so I can have those tomorrow morning and can at least leave the premises. Panic tonight, as the only time I took them out of the front door was to unlock the gate and take the recycling bin out. Kind neighbours have searched on, around and even in the bin, all up the drive etc, no sign so must be in house or garden.

Don't tell Wispa she missed a barbecue of liver, bacon and sausages in the woods tonight. She is already disgusted that I put her harness on and then didn't take her anywhere.

The ever lovely Cherry and Jack have made me smile right back at them this morning - bless 'em wub.gif wub.gif

I got up at 7am and it was really chilly so I put the central heating on, took two Tramadol's and got back into bed to wait for the house to warm up rolleyes.gif

I've got my car back (they were a man down yesterday so I told them I was in no rush) It passed it's MOT without problem and that and the service came to £230 - not bad!

There is a potential problem do with the drive shafts (?) that will warrant replacement toward the end of the year which will be £30ish for the replacement part but with labour it will probably end up around £100. The part is just starting to show wear so Andy, the head man at the garage, says I may as well wait and spread the cost out.