UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

Morning :tired:

Jazz - have you got a big crate you could put him in with a blanket over the top? When Timmy came home he was so nervous he wouldn't even look at you so he had a crate in the living room with us which he spent most of his time in (door open of course). He slowly started to come out but as soon as you stood up he'd shoot back into it. He got braver bit by bit but he always knew he had his crate to retreat to. Just wondered if something like that might work for the little tyke (even if it's in the conservatory he might feel safer in a little den) flowers.gif

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he slept in the kitchen last night,not a sound out of him, and he was following me around, but hes gone back in the garden. ive put a coat on him as hes shivering, but the suns come out. the dog warden says she gets a few of these in, so ive said if there is rescue back up,to bring them here.

ive put the patio table up and a cover over it so he can go there. ill get a crate out when lewis gets up and cover that. there is a bed in the conservatory for him and one in the kitchen.

ive got rubys renewal through for the insurance. its gone up £4 a month, so ive just rung. she cant do anything with the price, but will send her a doggy hamper instead. I could have had a hotel stay, but dont know if I would use that

frazer foster went to a new home yesterday and today I picked up a yorkie who has lived in a garden chained up,and someone has cut his ear off :mecry:

hes totally shut down. ive managed to get him into the conservatory but he wont come indoors

Poor little sod. The human race is sickening sometimes. Thank you for beimg there for this little boy when you have enough on your plate already. He must be terrified but Im sure he will appreciate the kindness.

hes just cryed at the back door. I went to him, gave him a treat, and he followed me in aawwwww :mecry: his tail was wagging and he had a relaxed face

hes gone back outside, but at least he knows im here for him.

these dogs ill foster, they need and deserve a chance

Sounds like he's already starting to realise that he's safe now wub.gif

RMF : Had a lovely sunny walk with the dogs, then jetwashed the patio and drive, whjich took me about three hours. My back is absolutely killing me now, but at least that job's out of the way cos I loathe it.

I'm doing nowt for the rest of the day apart from pootle on the pooter and nap.

Poor little Yorkie wub.gif

Murtle I well remember watching a programme on the tensions in Zimbawe when it was happening. I saw things on that - animal and human cruelty - that I'll never forget mecry.gif

I may be back later to have a rant about one of my lovely neighbours and her latest dog mad.gif

He'll be even worse when the clocks go back and he gets his breakfast an hour late.

Big search party for Bones the husky today, found yet another place she squeezes under a fence and leaves fluff on it. Good thing Wispa loves huskies, there were plenty of them in the party. One of them is a good tracker and worked with Wispa. We are fairly certain we know Bones' favourite den area but it's well nigh impenetrable by humans. Everyone ended up feeling more positive, but it's a long and frustrating exercise.

Brill work with that ickle yorkie, Jazz. :flowers:

Sounds like a positive day Owl, hope Bones is found soon :)

I've had a good, yet confusing day, was up early but since some of clocks had changed themselves and others hadn't I spent most of the morning losing then gaining time :wacko:

Ate breakfast in the garden, snoozed on the sofa, had a really good walk with the dogs, both Gypsy and Rufus lunge at cyclists and we made great headway with training as there was sooo many of them out today, went to the cinema and now everyone is tucked up in bed.

Early start tomorrow, Mother has dialysis and Phoenix is going in for his dental, I hope they do all they can as this is the last time I'll risk an anesthetic, he's got to be over 12 now and I think we've been very lucky that his kidney function hasn't caused him problems.

Night night everyone :flowers: