UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

Well apparently Keswick was officially the hottest place in the UK last week. The police were called to several incidences of dogs being been left to suffer in hot cars. Why do people never learn angry.gif I hope replacing their smashed windows costs them big bucks.

Oh sorry I almost forgot to say "good afternoon" to one and all flowers.gif

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to know there are other people out there laugh.gif

Marion - people who do that should be made to suffer the same fate mad.gif

RMF : Beau never plays with other dogs. He only ever plays with his BFF Taffy. When we're out and we meet another dog, he says hello but will then ignore them. If they try and play with them he gives them the cold shoulder. However, he had a bit of a run with a tri collie called Tyler who we see sometimes. Tyler has such a lovely friendly temperament wub.gif He play bowed Beau this morning and then they had a bit of a game of chase. I think he's found a new second BFF wub.gif

I've been doing exciting things like....erm..shopping in Tesco! :laugh: Their garage is all coned off, no fuel of any sort. I couldn't believe the story on the news about the woman in York who was badly burned whilst pouring petrol from one container to another in her kitchen, with the gas cooker on! How stupid can people be for heaven's sake??

People can be extremely stupid Suzeanna - I never cease to be amazed at just how stupid some of them can be rolleyes.gif Just when you think you've seen it all someone comes along and takes stupidity to new heights.

Aw Beau and Tyler becoming pals has made me smile. It's like Archie and Sadie - as Sadie's owner commented "it's like they have an understanding between them". It's the first time Sadie has been entirely comfortable interacting with another dog and I think it's luffley.

I've spoken to Dorothy this morning and she really is in bits over losing Kibbie. Although I've been in her position I really found it difficult to come up with right words to help comfort her mecry.gif

Grief takes different people in different ways I suppose...I've lost more dogs than I care to think about over the years, and I've cried over all of them, but a woman I used to work with lost her 3 year old westie very suddenly and unexpectedly and was so distraught that she was off work for a month. Thinking about it, I was more upset over losing my very very special boy Revel (a papillon who was my shadow) than I was on losing my mother. I am an unnatural and bad person. :mecry:

My brave mum lost her battle this morning and is now reunited with my dad, I am absolutely broken hearted just spent the last 48 hours at Heath Hospital with my family keeping vigil overnight in ICU but she was just to weak to carry on even though she really didnt want to go - we thought she'd won her battle against the cancer but it was not to be. I don't know how I am going to cope without her, I spoke to her every day without fail ... and today we said goodbye for the final time, I miss her so much already dont know how I am going to make it through this, I love you mum xxx

I am an unnatural and bad person. :mecry:

You are not! Any one who loves animals, does good by them and can cry over them when they lose them is A-OK with me flowers.gif

An old neighbour of mine lost her dog and was so very upset about it. She admitted to me that she grieved more for Robby the dog than she did for her husband of 53 years when he died. She was one of the nicest people I have ever met.

My brave mum lost her battle this morning and is now reunited with my dad, I am absolutely broken hearted just spent the last 48 hours at Heath Hospital with my family keeping vigil overnight in ICU but she was just to weak to carry on even though she really didnt want to go - we thought she'd won her battle against the cancer but it was not to be. I don't know how I am going to cope without her, I spoke to her every day without fail ... and today we said goodbye for the final time, I miss her so much already dont know how I am going to make it through this, I love you mum xxx

Im so sorry Snow,

She was as lucky to know how loved she was at the end as you were to have her as a mum. :GroupHug:

Snow - I'm so so sorry about your mum Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I couldn't believe the story on the news about the woman in York who was badly burned whilst pouring petrol from one container to another in her kitchen, with the gas cooker on! How stupid can people be for heaven's sake??

I know, and they are calling on the minister to resign (okay he was a pillock for saying it, but why look for someone else to blame for this woman's lack of common sense?) rolleyes.gif I hope she makes a good recovery.

Aw Beau and Tyler becoming pals has made me smile. It's like Archie and Sadie - as Sadie's owner commented "it's like they have an understanding between them". It's the first time Sadie has been entirely comfortable interacting with another dog and I think it's luffley.

Awwwww wub.gif

I struggle to come up with the right words as well. I usually just tell them that I don't know what to say, because nothing will make it better, but if they need to talk they know where I am Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Grief takes different people in different ways I suppose...I've lost more dogs than I care to think about over the years, and I've cried over all of them, but a woman I used to work with lost her 3 year old westie very suddenly and unexpectedly and was so distraught that she was off work for a month. Thinking about it, I was more upset over losing my very very special boy Revel (a papillon who was my shadow) than I was on losing my mother. I am an unnatural and bad person. :mecry:

No you ain't - I get more upset over my dogs dying too - I'm sure there are lots of people who do Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Edited by merledogs