UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Steph, hope you mother gets better very soon

Owl, have there been any sightings of Diesel since the trap went missing? Hope your story helps

Sorry but I can't remember whose Dad was unwell, but sending good wishes for him too.

:bigdrive2: for bosses who get to their positions and then forget how to behave themselves.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no sightings of Diesel and no food being taken.

What is it about being a boss that makes people go strange :unsure: ? I've never been one so I don't know. And I have had some non-nob bosses and even brill ones. If there is a competition for the most brainless boss I'd like to nominate the one I was working for when I retired. When I told her I was retiring, she said, "Yes, but you will still go on working for me, won't you?" Er, no. :wacko: The other staff told me she binned my letter of notice and told them to ignore anything I said about leaving as it was just silliness. Oh boy was she is a temper when she found I had really gone :laugh:

It must be a relief that Steph's mum got her op done so quickly. Wishing her a good recovery.

I am thinking about braving the fog and trundling down to the next village a couple of miles away where the pub has half-price meals on Tuesdays until 8. It might be good to have a change of scene.

What sweet ickle fosters, Jazz :wub:

Evening

My bosses have gone away until Thursday morning. Will get some work done now :laugh:

Beautiful fosters Jazz. :wub:

Hope Nick's friend is getting on ok Snow

Hope your mum's op was successful and she makes a speedy recovery Steph :GroupHug:

Really hope Diesel is found soon

Scoobs is having a good day today. Walked further than he has for a while with no carries and more playful tonight.

Starting my book-keeping studies level 3 tonight.

I tried a new groomer for Rosie today..she collects the dog from you and brings back. She made a great job of the grooming and was obviously a huge hit with Rosie, as after she'd dropped her back home, been paid and left, Rosie ran to the window and stood there whimpering and crying for about twenty minutes! Little madam didn't want to know me, I didn't even get a wag...so much for loyalty! :ohmy: I know it's silly, but it quite upset me to realise that I wasn't that special to her after all.

Hope your mum is still progressing well Steph (though rather perturbed to think they have nursing staff that can't understand you/you can't understand) and hope Nick's friend's eye is ok.

Don't know which village you are thinking of Owl, but if it's Old Whittington, the c*** and Magpie always used to do good food, so did the White Horse but it's changed hands a lot, so don't know what it's like these days.

Morning :tired: I spent the night dreaming about my new curtains which I purchased off ebay, but which I can't have yet cos I have to wait for them to be shortened before being posted. I don't do patience rolleyes.gif

I know it's silly, but it quite upset me to realise that I wasn't that special to her after all.

It's only cos new people are more exciting than those they take for granted. Max for example will be all over anyone who visits my house - he would happily crawl into a lap and stay there the whole time they visit. I feel the same as you, but knowing what a mummy's boy her is, I know he luffs me really wub.gif

Michelle - yay for bosses going away biggrin.gif

RMF 1: Two more days to go - I have Friday off cos I've got leave left to use up biggrin.gif

RMF 2: Had something confirmed yesterday which means I've blown my savings target for this FY out of the water - in fact I've done about 150% more than my target. Let's hope it's reflected in my bonus in April. My target for next year, however, is three and a half times what it was this year rolleyes.gif

:wavey: morning Jazz. Gorgeous little fosters :wub:

Hope Marge and hubby are starting to feel better.

Steph - how's your Mum?

Hope they can sort out your Dad's bleeding Griff, parents can be more of a worry than kids - my Dad is just as bad as yours.

Impressed with your car mending skills Jane. I wouldn't have a clue. My idea of dealing with problem noises is to turn the radio up so I can't hear it :laugh: Pleased you're having a couple of weeks off from your manager. I've only once had a boss like that and in the end I had to leave - she was too well in with senior management to get anything done about her.

Well done on exceeding your targets Alex but :thumbsdown_anim: for bosses increasing next year's.

Can't open the link for your holiday cottage Mags. I'd love to go to Ireland but think it will be Scotland again for us this year.

Not that I don't love going to Scotland - it's still home for me. Speaking of which, haggis for dinner tonight yum

Sorry for anyone I've missed.

hmmmmmm Haggis ! Do you have Bells on yours or something more earthy.

I want Haggis now :rolleyes:

Had visions of a haggis jingling merrily as it approached the table..then I realised you meant whisky!!

My godmother's mother in law was of the Bell's whisky dynasty and loathed the stuff, she would only drink Teacher's :laugh:

Haggis :run4hills:

Suzeanna, don't worry, all of my girls have been like that. All over other people like a rash, ignoring me.

The pub I was going to visit but didn't cos I couldn't face going out at all, is the Barracks in Apperknowle. The food isn't particularly special but it's decent basic home cooked stuff and Tuesday evening is a popular time with locals who fancy a break from cooking. Also it's unassuming and friendly, so I can go there by myself without looking pathetic.