UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone (the OH) has brought an awful cold intO the house! So we are just coughing and spluttering!

:wavey: Amy

Have a fab holiday Jayne :D

Marion, I'd never understand why you would want a an un- neutered dog in the house, unless you was a breeder or a vet advised against it. I hope you can convince them it for the best.

My previous dogs were not neutered, the vet never mentioned it when they were puppies and I didn't realise that I should have had them done for health reasons until it was too late :ohmy: :err:. I guess I was uneducated and thought that neuereing was just to prevent breeding and I knew that they would never get the opportunity to mate as I was always supervising them when out :rolleyes: . When Taggs got old, he had terrible prostate problems which would have been prevented if he had been neutered :(.

Glen had a retained testicle. In his case I had the retained one removed but left him his other bollock :wacko: This was done after much thought and discussion with my friend (and qualified behaviourist) as he was not confident and we felt we could have aggression issues (through fear) if we removed all. I obviously have NO intention of ever breeding from him and I monitor the situation on a regular basis. Any changes in health or behaviour and I would reconsider.

Some folk may criticise my actions but I think I have done what is right after much consideration on the pros and cons.

I did give him a sterilisation implant when Molly went through her season, she was spayed afterword, just in case :biggrin:

Beau had an undescended testicle which was removed when he was neutered. We were told that the cancer risk was much higher in an undescended testicle so he had both his ickle love-spuds removed.

RMF : I was supposed to have a conference call with my manager at 1pm to discuss various things on which I need his input. Have left him a message but he hasn't rung me back yet rolleyes.gif

Glen had a retained testicle. In his case I had the retained one removed but left him his other bollock :wacko: This was done after much thought and discussion with my friend (and qualified behaviourist) as he was not confident and we felt we could have aggression issues (through fear) if we removed all. I obviously have NO intention of ever breeding from him and I monitor the situation on a regular basis. Any changes in health or behaviour and I would reconsider.

Some folk may criticise my actions but I think I have done what is right after much consideration on the pros and cons.

I did give him a sterilisation implant when Molly went through her season, she was spayed afterword, just in case :biggrin:

It has been recognised that castrating a dog is not always the correct choice.

Here are some interesting points

http://www.homeopathicvet.co.uk/pdf%20files/Dog%20neutering%20with%20links.pdf

Thank you all for sharing your experiences of neutering flowers.gif

Alex I'm glad you had a positive chat with your manager biggrin.gif

I've just been for the second part of my 6 monthly diabetic check-up and I have lost 20lbs since the last one (6 months ago) I am really chuffed even though it's only a drop in the ocean of poundage that I need to shed at least it's going in the right direction.

My hips/back and knee problem continue though. My doctor is starting to suspect that I might have psioratic arthropy. I hope not but then a definite diagnosis could mean I could get on a drug regime that might do me some good.

I have lost 20lbs since the last one (6 months ago) I am really chuffed even though it's only a drop in the ocean of poundage that I need to shed at least it's going in the right direction.

That's almost 1 1/2 stones! :flowers:

Sorry your problems continue though.

Glad your call came at last Alex :flowers:

I put a reply on here last night and it's not here, must have only done preview post and not actually done it properly. :mad:

Well, I am feeling a bit woe, which is not like me, but I am fed up of these lurgies now. (entering fifth week. :mecry: Yesterday, I started getting pains in my left side and back, so I thought I had just pulled a muscle coughing. (I can't remember doing it). Also, my eyelids are swollen and drooping down over my lashes, due to the sinusitis. Managed to get an appointment at the docs and I now have stronger AB's and a nasal spray.

I was a bit worried when he kept asking me if I smoked and if I have never smoked. It never entered my head that it was anything other than a strain :unsure: Anyway, if I am no better by Thursday, I have to go back. I'm signed off for a week, but it really is exhausting. :(