UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Snow - the one in the middle of the photo with the yukka-type thing protruding behind it appears to be a Eucalyptus. I had one in my front garden which I was able to cut down myself which was taller than the house. They tend to be tall and thin so the trunk isn't very wide (and they aren't very heavy), hence easy to chop down. I cut it down in sections and the last bit my next door neighbour sawed down for me level with the soil. It did try and put out a few shoots after that but I killed them off with glyphosate. If you want to be sure it's dead then it's a fairly simple job to paint it with tree stump killer, although you should cover it with a bin or bucket for a week or so to a) keep Nog away from the poison and b) allow the poison to work its way into the roots without getting washed off by any rain flowers.gif

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse the woe is me post...

Had the clinical director and store manager speak to me about my performance. Apparently my conversion needs to improve by the end of February otherwise they will take more formal action :mecry: :mecry: I am off for a week as of tomorrow, so am going to have a think whilst I am away about where my future lies. When I get back they are going to speak with me every day about how I am doing. Ended up getting upset again, but everyone else has been lovely, and told me that they are stupid to be picking on me like this. Everyone else says I am one of the best optoms there, and to ignore them, have had loads of hugs from.all the other nice people who I work with.

Edited by gooster

Perhaps your future lies with employers who appreciate good professional work more than sales figures. Exactly what do they expect you to do with customers who don't need any optical correction? Have they told you, or do they expect you to fiddle the results?

:GroupHug:

Edited by owl

That's the thing, they don't want me issuing glasses to people who don't need them! On Wednesday, there was one patient whose flat had flooded, so he couldn't afford them. They don't want me to be 100%, but want all the opticians to be consistent. However I have always argued that it's pot luck. Yesterday I had highest sales, but my conversion wasn't good. That happens quite a lot, so someone may have a lot of patients who buy glasses, but not spend as much as my patients do.

I'm fine thanks griff, none the worse for the afternoon out but will be resting up tomorrow. Just a few dozen ball retrieves in the garden, and Wispa will have her usual walk with Becky in the evening.

No physio, no nothing, just an elastic bandage! Landlady who is a physio was not happy and borrowed some crutches for me which helped at first but I don't need them now. Long wait for any physio appointments, so I'm just going to get on with things by myself. There is a tendency not to worry too much about senior citizens getting back to an active life. If we are still breathing and can stand upright most of the time, that should do us apparently :laugh:

Is there a sport injury physio near you?

They are used to dealing with sprains etc and can have better results.

My nephew had very good results after going to one.

Evening

Glad you got your gas Alex cos we're in for a very cold spell over the next 4 weeks apparently. I really hope you find another job soon as your sleep and health should not be affected

Jayne hope you sort something else out to and go where you are appreciated.

I'm a manager and I do my best to make sure everyone is ok. I've ticked off the bosses a couple of times for upsetting staff or causing atmospheres.

So pleased the chaps eye was saved Snow. Hope his eyesight isn't affected. That garden has potential. Tree can soon be got rid of. Don't touch the one with the water.

Lots of patches of water around here. Hope the streams don't flood. We've got one that's just across the road from us. The hail storm was a divil this afternoon.

Phebe you're so cool. I had no idea what Yantan had said in code :laugh: Hope you manage to find a physio. :GroupHug:

Morning all :flowers:

Rob's confirmed that it is indeed the great big tree in front of the shed that he means, though we'd also need to cut back the eucalyptus thats in the middle of the lawn. I have mixed feelings - I like trees and I'm not a great fan of healthy trees being cut down but from what he says this one would need to go as it's now so big that it towers over the bungalow and neighbouring properties and if it came down it would hit a house whatever direction it fell.

Meantime I have found a bungalow in the next street to that one, which has already had everything done including a proper staircase for the loft conversion the gardens about the same size but a different layout as it wraps round to 3 sides instead of being one long garden, its the same price that the one Rob saw was originally so thats on the must see list for my next trip to Wales along with a house I found in our prefered area which has only just come on the market but which appears to be everything we are looking for.

i am like you Snow... i hate trees being cut down if they are not sick.... however if the tree is likely to cause damage/ injury if it falls then that is o.k in my book :flowers: you could always plant a more suitable tree in it's place if you felt that strongly..... you could always have it chipped so you would be recycling it :biggrin:

had my hair cut thursday and dyed yesterday..... blue and black.. wasn't too happy with the blue at the sides so went to get some dye.... i had 2 people stop me and say what a lovely colour my hair was :laugh: maybe it can stay for a few days!

:GroupHug: to all who need them, there's so much to catch up on and I don't want to leave anyone out.

well it's the four week anniversary of my lurgy today :angry: i seem to get nearly over it, then come down with something else. I had intended to go back to work on Wednesday, but had a crushing headache, pain when I moved my eyes and pain in my jaws. I just felt so tired and nauseated. i have slept for almost two days and nights. (on and off). food tastes vile and just when I thought I was doing well, this morning i was sick twice. Turns out i have Sinusitis, in every sinus I have. Tis very unpleasant and painful. I just hope this is the last thing I come down with. Keith is a lot better though, so that's something. :rolleyes: