UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Sandra I don't know that area at all but the cottage looks lovely biggrin.gif

George was a real mummy's boy and although he would be friendly with anyone else he always returned to his mummy's side. Well that is until he met his auntie Eileen (my very good mate from Trailie Welfare) There is just something about Eileen that makes animals take to her and George was no exception. He sat close beside her and gazed up adoringly at her all through our first meeting and did so any time they met after that. I was really quite put out rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dogs are all happy to be left at home without me (unless I take Jed and China and leave Bo with the littles - then he cries)..... we had to stay with my brother for 9 days recently - they have trained him so that when they arrive he has 2 (this time 3 due to the extended stay!) carrier bags of treats and toys for them. They all (apart from Reggie) sleep on his bed or on the chair next to it. The brat (Cassie Cav) loves him so much that when he left for work in the mornings she would start yapping and crying at the front door! Doesn't do any of that with me!

Ugh Haggis you're welcome to that. Too salty for me. Martyn has it on burns night every year. He isn't scottish

Griff hope your dad's appointment went well :GroupHug:

Steph hope your mum is getting on ok in hospital :GroupHug:

Get my car back tonight. Martyn paid for it as Xmas & birthday presents. You might think they're odd presents but I'm a bit skint at the mo and it's not as bizarre as a life jacket and half a toilet I got for Xmas off family because of the boat :laugh: T'other half of toilet being Martyn's.

I thought you meant jingle bells on the haggis too :laugh:

Had another successful day in work today - 15 patients, 5 of whom needed no glasses :rolleyes: Not got a hope in hell of getting good figures this month :( I refuse to be compromise on patient care though, so it's just tough :rolleyes:

Collected holiday money today :biggrin: 4 more sleeps :)

Ok here, bracing myself to take Wispa out for a bit today for the first time this year! Becky is away all day until late so can't walk her. I'm planning to drive to an enclosed area round a mostly dried-up reservoir up in the Dales and let her have a gallop offlead and a splash in the shallow pools.

What do the management expect you to do, Jayne? Sell the customers frames with plain glass in? Or with a teeny tiny variation which you wouldn't normally recommend anyone to use glasses for?

Edited by owl

Owl please be careful :flowers:

Gooster perhaps you could point out to your manager that given the current climate people can't afford just to blow cash on glasses and if they are anything like me they will need to save up.... i am on benefit but if i need dental treatment i have to pay for it and therefore i have to save up.

Haircut for me today...... went for the bus to be left stood in the freezing cold for 30 minutes :rolleyes: gave up come home and getting a cab instead, really annoys me when the council decide to dig up the town all for the flippin olympics :angry:

Well - after the problems people are having with their managers I think it is only fair to say that my manager (and hers) are being absolutely brilliant! There has been an informal agreement in place that if necessary I can take my pc down to work at my brother's house (I am on the West Coast of Wales, he is on the East Coast of England and so are the ailing parents) so that one of us is on hand in case of parental crisis. This worked last year to cover his holiday, and again a couple of weeks ago when mum was in hospital. There are frequent reorganisations in the company so just in case Claire moves on or I get moved to a different manager we now have an official agreement in place covering me working from there, me being able to travel there and have time to rest after the journey (her suggestion), she has arranged for my pc to be swapped for a laptop to make it easier to transport, she suggested a chargecard in case I need to make work calls from there, she has suggested we put in the agreement that I need to remain a homeworker so if dad has to come to live with me I am on hand at all times (Alzheimers). I really do appreciate the flexibility already but this means that it is now officially approved.

That's brilliant buddyboy flowers.gif

I've recently taken on a different category but have not been given me a proper handover and whenever I ask a question I get an unhelpful response. I get the feeling he's just waiting for me to fail before taking it off me.

Edited by merledogs

i am glad I dont work as bad managers would get me saying my opinion and me getting sacked. having not worked all these years has made me with no time for fools :GroupHug:

anyone know of very cheap crocs, genuine or not. I only need them for a weekend so dont want to go mad on price, thanks xxx need a size 6

We are back, in one piece. Drove to this enclosed area and Wispa was so happy free running and splashing in the pools, it was a joy to see her. Then as we were about to leave I saw a couple of walkers so put her on lead, but she wasn't bothered about them or their old border terrier, until the BT challenged her through the fence. There was no way I could anchor her, she flew up to the fence pulling me after her until I grabbed a fence post. There was no strength in my legs at all, I couldn't dig my heels in. It shows that I can't walk her anywhere near traffic or other dogs for a very long time. Next week I will take up regular swimming in the hope it will help me to get fit again.

Edited by owl