UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

awww Owl, i hope you haven't hurt yourself :flowers: have you been referred to a physio?? if the hospital haven't referred you then your gp can do it :flowers:

Jazz, do you have a sports direct near you? they usually have crocs in quite reasonably priced or i get mine (fake ones) from primark or deichmann

Jacobean glad you enjoyed driving to work :biggrin:

Buddyboy, glad you have things sorted offically now :flowers:

Merledogs shall i come up and kick your boss in the nuts for you?? :laugh:

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine thanks griff, none the worse for the afternoon out but will be resting up tomorrow. Just a few dozen ball retrieves in the garden, and Wispa will have her usual walk with Becky in the evening.

No physio, no nothing, just an elastic bandage! Landlady who is a physio was not happy and borrowed some crutches for me which helped at first but I don't need them now. Long wait for any physio appointments, so I'm just going to get on with things by myself. There is a tendency not to worry too much about senior citizens getting back to an active life. If we are still breathing and can stand upright most of the time, that should do us apparently :laugh:

morning all :flowers:

got the heating service between 8 and 12, so ready to get 5 dogs out of the room, yea right! we know only 4 will move lol

got the doctors again today to see if and when she will book this ruddy scan from november

and now i need the loo, guess when he will come :laugh:

Good news about Nicks mate, it looks like they have managed to save his eye, but they won't know for a little while how his sight in it has been affected.

Rob went to wales in my place to take mum to her hospital visit as I was due to meet up with my old work colleagues one of whom has incurable cancer so every meet up is potentially the last one - shes just found out shes in remission again :biggrin: however she now has hospital appointments today so the meet up has been postponed - sods law strikes again lol

The 2 viewings Rob had were interesting, the 4 bed detached has an awful lot of water in the walls in places and he wasnt sure where it was coming from there were other bits of work required before we could move in so it needs money spent on it, as its already at the top of our desired budget we'd probably be struggling to do the work.

The bungalow however is a far more interesting project it's at the lower end of our budget (price has dropped 20k) and we could live in it straight away and take our time doing what needs to be done, however what needs to be done is quite a lot probably about that 20k worth. The garden is huge, at least 40' long with about another 10' taken up by a load of overgrown bushes. There is a snag though, in the garden is a ginormous eucalyptus tree about 40' high and seriously overgrown taking the light from the back of the bungalow and the properties either side, it would have to be removed and that would be a job for a tree surgeon - that is assuming it isnt subject to a preservation order :wacko: if there is an order I'm not sure Rob would consider the bungalow as he feels its far too close to the property and could cause long term problems. The bungalow has been fully adapted to a wheelchair user so theres stuff we'd need to adapt back and it needs a new kitchen. The roofspace is apparently a room ( though its been sealed up so Rob couldnt see it) but the only access is a rickity loft ladder so we'd need to figure out a way to put in proper stairs. The final issue is that there is no direct access from the rear to the garden, which is a problem for Nog - the doors all open onto the driveway so we'd need to probably build a walled/fenced passageway along the drive to the back garden. Despite all this Rob wants me to go see it as he feels its worth it.

He also went and saw from the outside a very very cheap property, so cheap in fact we'd only need half the mortgage we are considering, it too needs work but we'd have the money available from not needing such a big deposit, its a great location for us, though the fact that the local Londis has bricked up windows and a seriously solid metal cage security door suggests the area might be a bit rough :wacko: :laugh: nevertheless I'm going to go and view it. :laugh:

Owl, when my "minor" knee op had disastrous after effects 8 years ago, I paid(reluctanctly) and went privately to a physio..on Saltergate road, but I can't remember the name. They worked wonders, and got me to the stage where I could walk, albeit with a frame...the hospital physios are all certified sadists :mecry: made me balance on a gizmo which is a board on half a ball, then he threw a football at me to catch! not to mention the stairs...it's makes me wince even now to remember the stairs....

I am very glad you didn't injure yourself any further Owl and i am totally shocked that you haven't been referred for physio and had to supply your own crutches :ohmy: i get my own crutches now and braces but only cos i want trendy ones :laugh:

Alex :GroupHug: :GroupHug: can you talk to your boss once more and if he doesn't acknowledge the issue could you go and talk to somebody over him?? i really don't understand what the heck is up with people in managerial positions :angry:

Jazz good luck with the heating engineer, i used to pop diez in the living room behind a stairgate when i had to have mine done and then i would have to climb over the gate and bleed my own radiator :laugh:

Bl**dy freezing here today.... decking is awfully slippy again, obviously the anti slip stain i got does what it says on the tin :laugh:

I've been out. Got caught in a hailstone. biggrin.gif

You got caught IN a hailstone? Exactly how big was this hailstone? :ohmy: There was an item on BBC website recently about a world record hailstone and it was no bigger than a football. Yours must have topped that :laugh: No wonder you were glad to get home and warm up.

Snow, best to avoid a property in Wales which has obvious damp. The bungalow sounds good. It's very unlikely that the eucalyptus tree has a preservation order on it, they are quick growing and seem to like the Welsh climate which is a bit surprising when you come to think about it. They grow like weeds, and can be a menace. If you get it cut down, which should be a fairly straightforward job for a tree surgeon, and leave the stump, it will grow into a nice bush which is much better for a garden. Then you only need to cut it back from time to time.

Morning all.

Owl at least yesterday's outing with Wispa showed you that you aren't yet up to taking her for proper walks and did so in a reasonably under control mannner - IYKWIM?

Snow just to give you an idea of tree removal costs my neighbour is a tree surgeon and has quoted me £60 to take down our very large bay tree - it will stand about 12 or 15 feet high and is very thick and bushy. It's another £60 to grind the stump down but as Owl says you won't need to do that.

Not sure this one would turn into a bush... actually not sure as I haven't seen it myself if it is a eucalyptus? ... I think he's refering to that ruddy great big trunk in front of the shed... IMG_608_20_large.jpg

Just had to phone Tesco about my home delivery, its rare I have an issue but I ordered a large fresh cream triffle, 2 fresh custard slices and 2 belgium buns for the weekend whoever packed them shoved them all into the same bag then promptly dumped a load of cans and tins on top of it, when it arrived the triffle had burst open so cream custard and jelly all mushed up, the custard slices are flat and the icing on the buns are stuck to the inside of their carton :rolleyes: they have refunded me for the lot and we'll try scraping as much as we can onto our plates :laugh:

The one in the middle on the right of the palm thing looks like a eucalyptus. Smooth trunk and blue green leaves, which have characteristic smell. The ruddy great trunk in front of the shed is not a eucalyptus, it looks like some kind of British tree, can't tell what from that photo.

Griff, I think you mean a wobble board type contraption, that is what the physios had me on after my knee operations.

http://www.physiotherapystore.com/Balance-Cushions-/-Wobble-Boards/High-Value-Wobble-Board/prod_1769.html?gclid=CPy4puek8K0CFQlpfAodmlMJvA

I would agree with Suzeanna in that the NHS phyisos were sadists, but worse they were actually out of date in their treatment and nearly damaged one of my knees to worse than before the operation. I found private Physios much better and paid more attention to what was going on.

I have however, hurt my shoulder...from sleeping! I think it sometimes happens when I can't twist and turn normally due to a lump of a cat sleeping on my legs. Painkillers and an ice pack for me today!

Snow, those houses sound very interesting and glad to hear about Nicks friend.

Alex, did you ever hear back about that other job? :flowers: