UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

Oh Michelle that doesn't sound good with the finance director - hope it all gets sorted flowers.gif

Alex Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for your crappy day.

And to anyone else that might need a Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif here you are Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Saw my friend in hospital, we didn't stay long as she was very tired and was also having a busy visiting time as several people turned up. Fortunately as she is in a room on her own the nursing staff were fine about us all being in there as we weren't impinging on other patients.

Two of her other friends, who I have never met before, arrived with a mini Christmas tree with a set of battery run fairy lights so they set it up on the window ledge for her and she was fair chuffed with it. I thought it was a lovely thing to do biggrin.gif

If they can drain the fluid in her stomach overnight they are going to start the chemo in the morning which is progress! The cancer has however already spread to her liver but you never know - if she can weather the chemo it might knock the bloody cancer on it's arse. Here's hoping!

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for your friend Marion :flowers:

Very glad that Jack is doing better :flowers:

Alex sorry you had a crap day :(

Glad you're enjoying your job Loobie :)

Had a crazy day, been cleaning up after my sisters departure, she's such a hoarder :rolleyes: at least downstairs is done now. My mugs finally arrived but I've lost my enthusiasm about them now.

So sorry your poor friend has to go through all that, Yantan. Sending lots of healing thoughts.

:GroupHug: for Diez.

Ms Merle, you are very imaginative with your curses. I hope I never get on the wrong side of you :laugh:

Mostly today we have been sitting in the vet's waiting room. Polly just slept, but I was getting very bored as I didn't take a book with me and all there was to read was Hello magazine :mellow: Then a lady I knew turned up so had someone to chat with. Polly had another funny turn yesterday, but more of a faint than a fit. She just went wobbly on her feet and squeaked, and I scooped her up so she didn't fall over. She went totally limp but within minutes she was ok again. Vet says her heart sounds fine, and he thinks it is a neurological thing which can happen to very old dogs. He can't find anything else wrong, in fact she is very fit for 16. But her teeth are not good at all, and after discussion we decided on a full dental in the New Year, on the grounds that it's better to do it now than maybe have to do one in a year's time when she may not be as strong.

Run free Tia cat :GroupHug:

Oh poor little Polly. Give her a gentle hug from me please Phebe Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif I shall put her on my thoughts list.

I have just done a Tesco order under the influence of prescription drugs. I am somewhat spaced out - dawg knows what surprises will turn up when they deliver tomorrow rolleyes.gif

And so to bed......

:GroupHug: Phebe

:GroupHug: Marion hoping the chemo works and yes lovely thing to do

If anyone knows of someone who could do a homecheck in Bexhill TN40 I'd love to hear as I'm really struggling to get one arranged

I could do this on the 20th - a one day offer :laugh: - if no-one else can help Michelle

Morning :tired:

As far as I know Dad went in for his op today. Stepmum has more than likely been collected by her son and gone round there for her tea. She's staying with them the next 2 nights. Dad has his op tomorrow and we think comes home Wednesday or Thursday. I'm supposed to be going to collect him and take him home.

Odd day at work as one of the bosses told the other last night she wasn't coming back into work ever again. She did appear at lunch time but it remains to be seen how things will pan out :rolleyes: This affects me and certainly disrupted my whole day as she happens to be the finance director

How very odd wacko.gif I hope it blows over flowers.gif Healing thoughts for your dad Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Two of her other friends, who I have never met before, arrived with a mini Christmas tree with a set of battery run fairy lights so they set it up on the window ledge for her and she was fair chuffed with it. I thought it was a lovely thing to do biggrin.gif

What a lovely thing to do. Fingers crossed the Chemo does the trick Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Healing thoughts for poorly Polly Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Marion I do hope you didn't have the munchies or your shopping could end up very costly laugh.gif

Edited by merledogs

Yantan, i hope your friend can begin chemo :flowers:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for Polly, wow 16 that is a fine age!

i have to wait for a phonecall from my aunty today, my nan has been called in by her consultant... she has terminal cancer and we know she is on borrowed time, i suspect bad news as they initially wanted to see her the day after they called her, my nan is totally positive and has come to terms with things and we have sent my aunty off with info on a new treatment and hopefully her consultant will refer her for it.... my dad has said he will pay for the first session if it will get her onto the treatment..... no doubt he will say no like he did last time but i think we will go down the private referal route this time!

this is the treatment we are looking into

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/286269/It-s-fantastic-Docs-cooked-my-cancerIt-s-fantastic-Docs-cooked-my-cancerIt-s-fantastic-Docs-cooked-my-cancerIt-s-fantastic-Docs-cooked-my-cancer

to look at my nan you would think there is nothing wrong with her, she is really well in herself and f we could even slow the growths down we would be happy

Ive just read 20 pages to catch up.

Its like reading a book. I felt inclined to cheer at all the good stuff but felt sorrow for all those with or nursing someone with illness and I even felt anger on behalf of those being stitched up or things going wrong.

Heres hoping 2012 is a better year for everyone.

Ps Those mugs are brilliant Steph. Id be inclined to go round department store buyers and Amazon to really launch what is a brilliant begginings of a range.

Edited by Trallwm farm

well ... ive just saved £9.50 each month on my phone and broadband, by going to paperless billing, £1.50 a month :ohmy: and taking off the unlimited calls. as I dont ring mother any more every day :mecry: I hardly ring anyone. Got to save money somewhere

the man came to read the metres yesterday, so the bills are on their way

love to all xxxxxxxxx