UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

Im not Loobie trust me lol. Well done for all your hard work paying off though and getting a permanant contract.

The next bit is NOT for Owl as she is allergic to all contents

Trallwm Farm

As a Superscrimper Christmas gift, heres the recipe for chocolate liquer which should give you two wine bottles full for about £4 each

Full bottle of cheap as chips Vodka ( Aldi,Lidl or home bargains is fine )

12 oz of sugar

1 pint of water,

Bar (and a half optional) of 80 % chocolate (Aldis or Lidl do a brilliant cheap one )

1 tin of condensed milk

Heat sugar and water to boiling and untill sugar is disolved, remove from heat and add condensed milk and then chocolate broken into small bits, Dark chocolate always tastes better ! leave to cool but stir occasionally.

Pour exactly half of vodka into a sterilised wine bottle and then fill both bottles with stirred chocolate mix leaving a small gap at the top so you can shake the mixture and stop chocolate setting at the top.

Best Superscrimper tip *

If you have any chocolate mixture left add more vodka and drink from the bowl.

Feel free to share this on so people can have something magical....Chocolate and Vodka in a glass !!!!

Happy Christmas every body

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooooo that sounds lovely Trallwm farm...... could i be really really cheeky? you know the recipe for the fruit liquor you made..... would you mind posting it if you have chance please??? my mum told her workmates about it and they wanted the recipe :flowers:

that wee dog is sooooooo cute, bless him pinching the baubles :wub:

Gosh secret Santa at work.. what a nightmare, we never bothered thankfully... mind you i would have ended up with some very bizarre things, working with all men and rood ones at that :laugh:

Well Done Loobie on getting a permanent contract :biggrin:

:laugh: :laugh: great minds think alike Houndzrus

:wub: jack and cherry

Edited by griff

It should be on the Channel 4 website and also my scrimping blog.

1lb/2lb of fresh or frozen berries micowaved with a pint of water and 16 oz of sugar untill cooked to a mush.

sieve and cool

Use half of the vodka in each bottle and top up with water if neccesary. If you manage to not drink it by Christmas the vodka re strengthens

The next bit is NOT for Owl as she is allergic to all contents.

I'm not allergic to condensed milk :biggrin: so I can just leave out the chocolate and alcohol and have extra condensed milk instead.

Little Reggie is very cute :wub_anim:

We had snow this morning but it has gone. Polly had another fit but recovered very quickly and was scoffing her supper 5 mins later. Wispa hadn't seen her in a fit before and was very concerned. Looks as if they are happening every few days.

Edited by owl

Morning :tired:

Had six hours sleep last night, which is good happy.gif

I really need to get to the bottom (no pun intended) of the runny poos. It's most odd, happens sometimes but not all, and it's not always the same dog. I've just fed them plain kibble last night so we'll see how they go today. I do wonder if it could be the bag of Autarky though cos it seemed to start around the time I opened the new bag huh.gif If I feed them that and nothing else then I'll know one way or the other.

Morning :wavey:

:GroupHug: Polly

Glad you had a good nights sleep Alex :flowers:, I for the first time in a long kept waking up, which is most strange I'm usually a master of sleep!

It's snowing here, though I hope it stops soon I have to go shopping this evening and I've no faith in my driving skills to get me up the hill to the main road.

morning all :flowers:

its snowing! luckily its raining too so hope it doesnt stick. ive got to go out, but if it sticks, it will be the last time till its gone

wwoowww mouse is growing! she going out, up and her hair is getting longer! shes 9 months next week, and shes a darling.

I wish I could get these clean. Im going to reduce their meals, see if thats it

Snow here biggrin.gif

Can someone please confirm that my PC is correct and today is Friday and that it is the 16th? I have got myself all confuddled. I am convinced it is Thursday the 15th wacko.gif

Definitely Friday 16th :flowers:

Oh bugger I had multi quotes selected to respond to loads of you for a change and they've flipping gone!! arrrrgggg

Right those I can remember - Loobie BRILLIANT news so pleased for you :flowers:

Alicia :GroupHug:

Michelle - glad you have a short break from the rushing about - thats something I can so empathise with! :flowers:

Alex :flowers:

Those with work issues :GroupHug:

OMG what heck is up with me this morning first I lose the multiquotes, then everything I type comes out looking like some bassackwards spelling contest :wacko: then I hit post before I've even written what it was I wanted to write - when they say menopause makes you batty they are right!! :laugh:

My cars in for the power steering belt to be changed and the steering checked over to make sure the car is safe to drive after my terrifying abortive attempt to get to Wales on Wednesday - sods law of course then kicked in with my mum having got upsetting news yesterday about her chemo and I wasn't there with her :mecry: she'd absolutely set her heart and fixated upon him telling her she'd need 6-8 cycles of treatment and would have a break after the 4th one, as shes having chemo every 14 days we ALL had been working on the 4th one being 22nd Dec then a break and then 4 more with it all over by March - no one had explained to us that each "cycle" was in 2 parts A & B so its 1 cycle per MONTH so shes only had 2 full cycles so no break until March and then he's now said its definately 4 more cycles after that so she'll be having chemo every 14 days until July!!!! We absolutely had not bargained for that at all - how the heck we will be able to keep up this level of intensity of care for another 7 months is beyond me :huh:

The car issue has made me feel incredibly guilty - I know I couldn't help it or predict it and these things are going to happen, I know shes still been able to get to her appointments etc. but I really really didn't want to go down this week as I had so much to do at home and now that I haven't gone down there I can do a lot of it which is good BUT I feel really really guilty about it nonetheless.

Snow don't beat yourself up about it - it is what it is and it's not your fault Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif and another one for your poor mum Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

We've had quite heavy snow here, but only for a short period and as the ground's wet it didn't stick. 'Tis sunny now but not for long I suspect.

RMF : I've come to the conclusion that I should only have to work mornings cos by lunchtime I always feel like a nap :tired: