UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Seasonal Sentiments

suzeanna

Owly is a wise one and knows more about managing than a certain Manager :unsure:

Why do people get put into positions of management when they are so incompetent :(

Owl, I think you would be a fab man manager. :flowers: Glad to hear the missing dog still has one pup to mother.

Alex, massive :GroupHug: Having worked for a pleb like that I know how you feel. Its nice to be treated like a grown up again at work now.

Shame you don't live nearer Birmingham.

Karen, sorry to hear about your parents. Glad to hear your mum is improving. Amazing what thre right treatment and some time can do. :GroupHug:

Eve, I hope your sons fiancee gets the support she needs to get over her demons. Went through similar twice with step daughter a few years ago. :GroupHug:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to all in need.

Am fuming at the moment. Just logged onto FB to find that one of the guys who I went to school with has got bored of yet another dog and is selling his dog again :angry: I think in the last year he had a Staffie and a bull mastiff he has sold on. Now he is selling his latest dog (10 month old staffie), because he's fed up with it. Why does he keep buying new dogs if he knows he keeps getting fed up with them :angry:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all who need them :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Merledogs...... i think you are fab :biggrin: your boss sounds like a nob and sadly most in management are.... i was always very fortunate with mine but i know that is not often the case :angry:

Gooster...... people like your old school mate really annoy me, you are quite right that if he knows he will get bored he shouldn't be getting another....personally i can't understand how anyone can get bored with a dog, i think they are fab and a constant source of amusement to me!

i went to my meeting last week with job centre plus and i don't have to go back, i have been told if i like and i feel up to it i could do voluntary work... they did mention me going to be a councilor but that is deffo not for me! i would like to get in touch with a friend who may be able to help me so i will get some nice writing paper and do it all properly.... nicer than an email and better than a phone call out of the blue! just need to figure out how to word it and hope he will be in a position to help me :unsure:

I know what you mean Alex, when I worked for optical express they used to love conference calls. They used to drive me mad as they were always on my day off. Always made it known I was on a day off though as the dogs usually got a bit vocal at some point :laugh:

Just evicted a huge spider from my bath. It was absolutely enormous!! Threw it over the fence at the front and it raced me back to the front door. I reckon it's the same one I evicted last week :angry:

Evening

Alex they are so not worth your tears but can understand why it got to you like that. Your qualifications are very valid and will help you at some point. Your management are very short sighted. Many end up in that position as they can't cope with the important stuff that their staff do and would cause mayhem. :GroupHug:

Griff hope your friend can offer you whatever it is you're hoping to help with. Glad you haven't got to go back to jobcentreplus.

Love Scotland. Forest of AE in Dumfries is wonderful. Have a lovely break you 2.

Didn't get much sleep last night because Martyn has caught my cold. Obviously it isn't now just a cold :rolleyes:

Didn't get mock exam done the other day as ended up faffing about with the boat. So am making a start on it tonight and will put real exam back until week after. Probably for the best really as Fergus is having a growth removed from his mouth on Friday so would be good to be around for him.

Tonight Squinty a sick stray cat i've been feeding came into the house,i managed to close the door and a lovely bloke from animal shelter has picked him up. So why do i feel so bloody awful as if i've betrayed him, stupid i know. He needs the vets and i cant afford any more but i'm gonna miss him. Hes such a sweetheart and i'm bawling away :mecry: :mecry:

:GroupHug: Alex

:GroupHug: Fergus

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to all others that need them

Glad you had a decent nights sleep Alex :GroupHug:

I'm still a bit caught up in my own little world apologies to everyone I have overlooked recently :flowers:

It's results day for mum tomorrow when we should find out exactly what the prognosis is. She was coping reasonably well when I went down to see her, though she insisted on talking me through her will and showing me where all the documents etc were kept and telling me about the bequests she'd made etc. I knew it all anyway as shes always made sure I know where everything is "just in case" but this time was different :mellow:

Work has been both wonderfully supportive and bloody awful at the same time, as my mum has gone on the prayer lists everyone now knows, so the past 2 days its been pretty much non stop of people ringing me up or calling in to offer their support, advice & sympathies - at one point on Monday they were queing to get in to the office to see me! :ohmy: it is nice of them to be so concerned for me but I had hoped work would take my mind off things for a while and instead it's all I seem to have been talking about :wacko: as a result when I get home I juswt want to crawl into a deep dark cave and hide and not "talk" to anyone about anything. Hopefully today it'll calm down a bit.