UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Seasonal Sentiments

suzeanna

Snow, I hope it is a good prognosis.

Good thoughts for Fergus for tomorrow.

My BIL has an oral test early this afternoon, and if he gets a pass mark he has then finished the Knowledge and can lease and drive a black cab right away. He and my sis have had a rough ride as she would have been able to support him while he trained but got made redundant from 2 consecutive jobs working for charities and they lost their home - and then she was diagnosed with Parkinsons. She has since returned to her previous career in the Methodist ministry but would like to retire sooner than planned. If BIL gets a pass today it will make life so much easier for them.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for your BIL then Owl...it's so unfair how some people get such bad things happening to them when others seem to float through life on a gilded cloud.

Snow, I hope the tests today on your mother show something that can be treated, and quickly.

Please everyone look at Jules' thread, her mum needs all our good thoughts too. :mecry:

I am starting to climb the walls - mums appointment was suppose to be 10:30 so I allowed for possible delays which are usual with most hospital appointments, then I allowed time for the appointment, then for a cup of coffee, then for getting home .... and I've yet to hear anything :unsure: I held my nerve until a couple of mins ago then I rang the house ....and got the answerphone dont know now if I am worried more that she doesnt want to talk to me yet or that shes been stuck at the hospital all this time ....

Snow..the first time I had a haematology appointment after they'd diagnosed my blood problems, I first saw the consultant then I was sent for a blood test, then I had to have an xray (heaven knows why), then I had to wait for an hour for the result of the blood test then see the consultant again. He then gave me a prescription that I had to wait for the oncology registrar to go over with me to be sure I understood before it was handed in at the hospital pharmacy, then I had to wait 25 minutes for the scrip to be ready. I was up there over three hours in all, so I wouldn't panic just yet.

oooo just got a letter for the surgeon, going on 19th october!

ladys just been to order a riser recliner chair

this is going too well, but ill make the most of it ....

Let's hope it keeps going well, not too long to wait now! :flowers:

Edited by suzeanna

:GroupHug: hugapup :GroupHug:

Snow there could be a million reasons for the delay..... waiting is so hard, i hope you get some good news :flowers:

:GroupHug: jules :GroupHug:

Jazz good luck when you go to see the surgeon :flowers:

ordered a new tv..... all singing all dancing job, well if somebody else is picking up the tab it's rude not too :laugh: might feel a bit of a div sitting in glasses though :unsure:

I have spoken to my mum, Suzannah you were right there was a lot more to the appointment, she had a blood test and then had to go have a bone marrow test and they also took a core of bone from inside her groin *ick* . We don't know a whole lot more than we did as the biopsy results were inconclusive, however as it is highly unlikely my mum has any of the other 3 things that could cause the same kinds of effects the consultant is 99.9% certain it is lymphoma and more than likely the slow growing kind so they may decide she wont need chemo and will just watch and wait, on the other hand they might go after it aggressively *shrugs* all that wont be decided until after the results from the bone marrow plus she now has to go and have a much deeper biopsy under a general anaesthetic - they are going to take a chunk of the node in her armpit. There was some good news as the CT scan showed that the cancer is confined to her lymphnodes and none of her internal organs are affected. Her lungs are also clear. The new biopsy is being rated as "urgent" so she should have that in the next week or so and then she see's the consultant again in 2 weeks. Mum was in good spirits though a bit peeved that she has to faff about with more hospital tests when she really would have rather gone on a little holiday then just got on with chemo :rolleyes: :wacko: I'm just really pleased to hear that it hasn't spread.

Evening

Owl - Hope BIL's test went well. Sorry to hear that things have been going horribly for the family. :GroupHug:

Snow - pleased it appears to be contained. Hoping it's like FIL's and they can remove the lymph nodes and that will be it. :GroupHug:

Alex - fluffy dove is lovely. We get a lot of them here. Nice to get a peek up close.

Cheryl & Mike I'm so desperately sorry. :GroupHug:

Jazz pleased you've got an early appointment.]

Did my mock last night so submitting that tonight. Think it's gone well. If the real thing had the same subjects I'd be ok. Am going to try and book it for next Saturday.