UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulatiions for getting off the ciggies! My OH smoked from when he was fifteen, 20 years ago someone said to him oh, you'll never give up...he threw his cigarettes into a bin, and apart from one on our wedding day when he was rather (very!) nervous, he hasn't had one since.

My cardiologist is a comedian! He was rummaging for the results of my echo scan and I remarked that if it was anything awful, I was sure they would have contacted me. He found it, gasped, his eyes went wide and he made a strangled argghhhh! noise...then clasped his throat and said he shouldn't have done that, it hurt! and the echo was fine, my heart was normal :laugh: He asked how the medication was going and I said I had a confession to make...ok, fess up! says he. I told him I took the betablockers for a few days and I felt so ill I chucked them, he apologised for making me ill and said fair enough don't bother. I don't need to see him again unless I get another episode, and since the two I've had have been 14 months apart, I don't think I need worry.

Would someone please go to Greece and drag some summer back here? I'm cold, it's wet and I'm fed up with it.

good news!

well done not smoking xx

must go and get the flooring, its being fitted tomorrow, oh, and empty the room ....

ok tekky peeps ..

ive got broadband and wireless.

what needs to be plugged in to get it? ive got to take the pc out of the study so will be pulling wires

Morning all :biggrin:

:lily: Dawditt hammie has gone to join his brother and all our fur babes at the bridge.

I'm so sorry :GroupHug:

Sending many good thoughts for Princess Cherry :wub:

Well done Bobs mum and Mags for giving up the weed :flowers:

That's good news from the hospital Suzeanna :flowers:

My cardiologist is a comedian! He was rummaging for the results of my echo scan and I remarked that if it was anything awful, I was sure they would have contacted me. He found it, gasped, his eyes went wide and he made a strangled argghhhh! noise...then clasped his throat and said he shouldn't have done that, it hurt! and the echo was fine, my heart was normal :laugh:

:laugh: Glad you are fine :flowers:

RMF : I can't stop eating the past few days, it's the PMT.

I ordered a new vaccuum cleaner off Amazon (not from Amazon directly but from another seller). When it arrived, not only was it second hand but it didn't work properly, so the seller said they would send me a postage label to return it.

They emailed me the postage label this morning, and it turns out that it is being collected from my house tomorrow. I emailed them to say that if it was going to be collected during the day it would need to be picked up from work. The response was that that was the address they had arranged, and if I wanted anything different I would have to contact the courier company, which I did (when I finally managed to find a number, they seem to prefer not to speak to people). The courier company told me that the person who arranged the courier would need to ring them, they couldn't speak to me.

I emailed the seller to tell them they would have to contact the courier. Nowhere did they say that a collection would be arranged from my house, they simply said they would send me a postage label, which I assumed meant (as with other returns I've made) that I would stick the label on and take it to the post office. They are now being snotty and I suspect will try and get me to pay for the return if they have to book another courier, which as far as I am concerned is their problem seeing as it's their c*** up and they tried to rip me off in the first place! :mad:

Customer service? Absolutely appalling :mad: I will be leaving them some very poor feedback on Amazon once I've had my money back and if they don't return it all, then I will be complaining to Amazon.

Anyone heard of The Animal Rescue Foundation? Just had an unsolicited mailshot from them containing a free shopping bag that I can use to promote them and asking me for a donation, they have a charity # and are listed here: http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithoutPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1127707&SubsidiaryNumber=0 however from a quick read of their accounts and trustees report they don't exactly fill me with confidence .... if I am reading the accounts correctly in 2010 they had an income of £40k yet paid out only £8k in grants to just 3 rescues :huh: apparently their main method of fundraising has been to hire a professional fundraising company on a "no win no fee" basis - presumably thats where the mailshot has come from.

RMF: Vet has just confirmed that on top of the £350 I've already paid out, the set of injections my horse now needs will be £380. *faints clean away*

Does anyone want to buy a kidney? I'm looking round for stuff I can do without. I might sell my OH's legs, he never uses them anyway. His arse is completely worn out though.

RMF: Vet has just confirmed that on top of the £350 I've already paid out, the set of injections my horse now needs will be £380. *faints clean away*

Does anyone want to buy a kidney? I'm looking round for stuff I can do without. I might sell my OH's legs, he never uses them anyway. His arse is completely worn out though.

:biglaugh: but ohmy.gif How much?!

Evening

Pleased the appointment went well Suzeanna :flowers:

Jules :GroupHug: If you lived closer I could give you some of my tat erm lovely stuff I'm giving to charity. I'm guessing no-one wanted the shoes for Lizzies Barn and they will be on their way this week as I need to clear the house out.

Scoobs fell over tonight while out. Think he lost the feeling in his leg. I gave it a rub incase it was his circulation. He's currently giving the other 2 some lip :rolleyes:

The part has gone on the dryer again and I have no trousers for tomorrow. It's the 4th time it's happened. Only a tiny part needs to be fitted. It just goes round but doesn't heat up. Martyn has been told to this time order 2 of the damn things.

Edited by Jacobean

sorry to hear about the little hamster :GroupHug:

Julesb :ohmy: :ohmy: that is a lot of dosh!

Merledogs give them hell...... i don't think people give a stuff about customer care anymore.

Trallwm farm :wavey:

Jacobean hope scoobs is feeling better now.