UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had bedlam here last night - let Nog out into the garden for a wee around 9 o'clock - he'd been out a couple of mins when there was an almighty row - we could hear him growling and yelping and what we initially thought was the sound of another dog snarling so we rushed out to find him rolling on the ground with another dark shape and assumed that he'd caught a cat :mecry: well we think it was a cat - it was pitch black and whatever it was he had was just a dark blur which leaped over the 6' fence at the back as soon as we appeared and yelled. Nog was whimpering and shaking from head to toe so we brought him into the kitchen to discover that he was bleeding from a shallow gash all along the top side of his ear and his nose was like a pin cushion at which point he ever so thoughtfully shook his head and pebble dashed both me and hubby, the ceiling and half the kitchen with blood :rolleyes: there was no fur or blood in his mouth and we couldnt find any fur or blood on the ground by torchlight last night nor is there any sign of it this morning so hopefully the cat wasn't badly hurt.

Nogs ear took forever to stop bleeding, its a very shallow gash - every time we thought we'd got it stopped he'd flick his ear or shake his head and open it back up again, and of course sods law meant that I didnt have any sudocream - all I had was savlon, germolene or detol antiseptic spray - so a bit of mad googling told me the germoline was safe to use in a small dose on an area he couldnt lick and we eventually got it stopped.

He was very sorry for himself last night but is fine this morning & hopefully so is the cat wherever it is.

Hope Nog is feeling better this morning.

Louie was violently sick last night. He was sitting on the floor head hanging down looking very woe is me so I called him on to my lap. Within seconds I heard the tell tale gurgle sound but couldnt shift him quick enough. Thankfully most of it hit the floor but he did slightly coat the sofa and my jeans. Trying to think of anything he could have eaten which might have set him off. Only thing he has had which he hasnt had before was a pig's ear but that was on Sunday. Hoping he hasnt picked a bug up from Crufts as Duke has been a bit poorly as well. He spent rest of the evening in his bed. He did perk up when we finished dinner in the hope he would get something but we've starved him so hopefully his tum will settle. He did seem a bit brighter before I left for work.

Edited by lil_angel

Hope Nog is feeling better this morning.

Louie was violently sick last night. He was sitting on the floor head hanging down looking very woe is me so I called him on to my lap. Within seconds I heard the tell tale gurgle sound but couldnt shift him quick enough. Thankfully most of it hit the floor but he did slightly coat the sofa and my jeans. Trying to think of anything he could have eaten which might have set him off. Only thing he has had which he hasnt had before was a pig's ear but that was on Sunday. Hoping he hasnt picked a bug up from Crufts as Duke has been a bit poorly as well. He spent rest of the evening in his bed. He did perk up when we finished dinner in the hope he would get something but we've starved him so hopefully his tum will settle. He did seem a bit brighter before I left for work.

I'm sorry to hear that Louie has been poorly, hope he feels better soon.:spudniknurse: Tag is back to normal now, even did a couple of prancy/leapy things as she was about to go for a walk yesterday.:rolleyes_anim:

I hope louie and nog are ok xx

came down this morning to find lissie had diorrea all over the kitchen, what she hadnt weed or pood on, she had walked through

so mopping before a coffee. she was knocking me against the wall for her breakfast, so doesnt feel ill at all.

I can still smell it

ug

Back from a very foggy brum.

For Nog and Louie Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Someone was sick in the garden a while ago - I didn't see who. Max has a poorly eye too, gunk in one eye and the inside of the lid looks red and sore. Will have to keep an eye on him, I can't have my speshul boy being poorly wub.gif

They're resurfacing the road the front, thankfully.

I chucked a load of moss and weed killer/lawn feed over the front lawn a couple of days ago, but it hasn't rained, so I have just watered it. It looks a complete sight - the lawn is mostly moss and the sycamore in my neighbour's front garden dumped its full load of seed thingys on my front lawn, so there are literally hundreds of them growing in the front garden. The ones in the lawn I can sort when I rake up the dead moss, but the ones in the borders I am going to have to either pull up by hand (have done quite a few already, but there are far too many) or else spray with weedkiller at the weekend.

ive found out why poor poppy isnt moving. half of her stitches, shes so fat, is just stuck together with her skin and hair, so no air going in there. its gunky and red. I noticed it last night,she was only at the vets for a check up the day before, cant see how they missed it. im washing it with warm water, then creaming it. poor sod

:GroupHug: for poorly, injured pets.

My little Whuppety Jake has cataracts in both eyes :(

He's v subdued and wobbly today, I hope it's just the after effects of yesterdays boosters. I should get his blood test results tomorrow, I hope it doesn't show up anything horrible.