UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon on a lovely sunny Sunday.

Have been hoeing out the front and picking up dog poop in the back. Sadly also had to clean cat crap off my trainers. That so annoys the hell out of me.

It's my anniversary today. We so know how to celebrate it. Martyn is currently fixing one of the loos as it wouldn't flush. :laugh:

I've got a top wisdom tooth trying to make progress and it's driving me nuts.

I have a dilema ... what would you do?

My eye wont be fully healed for another 3 weeks, but I only need to be a bit extra careful for 1 more week after which the incision should be all healed up and nasty germy bug things won't be able to get in. Nowhere on the aftercare sheet I was given does it say about avoiding people with the lurgy (colds flu etc.) however I must still use antibiotic eye drops 4 times a day for another 3 weeks and I am supposed to avoid various other things for 1 more week e.g heavy lifting, germs and bacteria etc. (steam, tap water, sprays of any kind, dust, grit etc.). If I dont work I dont earn ... but I can do some work from home though it wouldn't make up for a full weeks pay... however I have 4 weeks pay saved in an emergency fund to cover any time off I take - I have not needed to dip into this at all yet but once I start dipping into it then obviously it reduces my safety net for a time I might need it if I'm ill or if anything goes wrong with my eye.

My workplace is someones home there are 3 young children (all under 8) a baby and 2 adults in residence - the baby has had an ongoing bronchial infection for several weeks and is in and out of hospital with his chest, without exception any day I am at work I will be asked to hold the baby (and he is fecking heavy!) for anything from 20 mins to over an hour at a time - 2 days before my op I was handed the baby and then told he had conjunctivitis (I was NOT impressed). Its rare that a week passes without 1 of the children being off school with some kind of lurgy. From reading work emails from last week it seems my boss has had a very nasty cold & chesty cough, as recent as yesterday he was saying he was still taking lemsip and his cough was bad. It's his pc that I use to do my work in the office - so its undoubtedly been coughed & sneezed all over this past week.

I am NOT ill - I am perfectly healthy and my eyes are both working fine now & I am more than capable of doing my job - the question is do I play safe and stay home another week ( a week for me is 3 days mon-wed) and do some work from home, or do I go into the office? (Bear in mind I have already been off work a full week this would make it 2 weeks).

I have a dilema ... what would you do?

My eye wont be fully healed for another 3 weeks, but I only need to be a bit extra careful for 1 more week after which the incision should be all healed up and nasty germy bug things won't be able to get in. Nowhere on the aftercare sheet I was given does it say about avoiding people with the lurgy (colds flu etc.) however I must still use antibiotic eye drops 4 times a day for another 3 weeks and I am supposed to avoid various other things for 1 more week e.g heavy lifting, germs and bacteria etc. (steam, tap water, sprays of any kind, dust, grit etc.). If I dont work I dont earn ... but I can do some work from home though it wouldn't make up for a full weeks pay... however I have 4 weeks pay saved in an emergency fund to cover any time off I take - I have not needed to dip into this at all yet but once I start dipping into it then obviously it reduces my safety net for a time I might need it if I'm ill or if anything goes wrong with my eye.

My workplace is someones home there are 3 young children (all under 8) a baby and 2 adults in residence - the baby has had an ongoing bronchial infection for several weeks and is in and out of hospital with his chest, without exception any day I am at work I will be asked to hold the baby (and he is fecking heavy!) for anything from 20 mins to over an hour at a time - 2 days before my op I was handed the baby and then told he had conjunctivitis (I was NOT impressed). Its rare that a week passes without 1 of the children being off school with some kind of lurgy. From reading work emails from last week it seems my boss has had a very nasty cold & chesty cough, as recent as yesterday he was saying he was still taking lemsip and his cough was bad. It's his pc that I use to do my work in the office - so its undoubtedly been coughed & sneezed all over this past week.

I am NOT ill - I am perfectly healthy and my eyes are both working fine now & I am more than capable of doing my job - the question is do I play safe and stay home another week ( a week for me is 3 days mon-wed) and do some work from home, or do I go into the office? (Bear in mind I have already been off work a full week this would make it 2 weeks).

Stay home buy chocolates

Edited by Trallwm farm

Hope you get some good treats Jazz :flowers:

Euwwwww, Michelle, I wouldn't want to step in cat poo either. :mad:

Snow, for what it's worth, stay home, your health is more important than money. Do work from home and let them see it's you doing them a favour. :wink:

Well, it's been a rather long day, due to getting up early to go and spray the weeds on the allotment in readiness for making the Chill out area. Also spray down the end that will not be used. Rain stopped play this morning, :mecry: so all jobs/shopping etc were done instead. Even managed a trip to West Bromwich for a wheelbarrow from Ebay. :biggrin: got home to glorious sunshine, so did indeed make it to the allotment. It was lovely (but cold) and I am now happily wating for dinner to cook and having a well earned glass of wine. :biggrin:

And I've done a bit of garden tidying, potting up primroses, cleaning the chickens out etc. All very satisfying, even if it is raining and I'm now all muddy and scruffy :rolleyes:

I am at my happiest when I'm covered in mud & chicken poo after a mass clean out :biggrin: I like to sit on my mud covered chair in their run with Robin on my lap and Olive on my shoulder :wub:

Alan is home :angry: He's now incontinent and stinks of wee :angry: I'm running away :mecry:

Snowball, stay at home and do as much work as you can from there. Your eyes are too important to take any risks with. As I tell my kids when they're being stupid, look after them because you only get one pair!

Hello from Dubai :wavey: well the airport which is rather nice and mad busy

Amy how did you go at Crufts yesterday ?

Crufts went brilliantly thanks Sam. Have put a piece with photos in the Oldies Club section. We raised £312.59 and 5 cents lol.

Snow could you work from home if you are worried about infection?

Have totally lost my voice and croaking very badly tomorrow at work will be interesting :wacko:

Sammy dog is in the proverbial dog house today. When we are at the farm with the horses, he is off lead and free to do what he wants (one of the few dogs the farmer allows to do this). One of the women made a cake with her niece and brought it up to share.........anyway it was left on the side, rather near the edge. I am sure you all know what I am going to say next!!

SAMMY GOT ONTO SIDE AND ATE IT!!!!! :rolleyes:

Morning :tired: Hate Mondays, but at least it looks nice and bright outside.

Snow - given Gooster's advice, I would go into work but make it quite clear before going in what the terms are (ie not being lumbered with poorly kids) and if they aren't willing to agree to that then stay at home and do some work from there flowers.gif

Alan is home :angry: He's now incontinent and stinks of wee :angry: I'm running away :mecry:

Can you get some kind of help for him, either a carer or home help? Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Tell his family if you are expected to be his carer then you want to be paid a wage.

Norty Sammy laugh.gif

It's my anniversary today. We so know how to celebrate it. Martyn is currently fixing one of the loos as it wouldn't flush. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Well done Amy :biggrin:

Snow, I'd stay at home and work if it was me.

OH's Crohn's has kicked off this morning but he's insisting on going to work. I have just taken him to the airport, stupid man. I am v cross with him :angry:

Watching footage of Japan this morning, just seen a boatload of little children being rescued, God knows where their parents are :mecry:

morning all xxx

you will have to tell ian to look after his dad 24/7. he will soon realise its a problem.

the dogs got lewis up early this morning, so .....happened to let them up the stairs to me .....

a little yorkie lying on my head with her tongue in my mouth I can put up with, but one patter of feet and my ikkle yorkie was replaced with an overweight heavily moulting cavalier with rotten teeth, on my head with her tongue in my mouth :ohmy:

my gobby protective yorkie happened to find herself a big empty spot on the bed, furthest away, with her back to us :sleep:

I UP, IM UP

oh, and lewis is going away tomorrow till saturday :unsure: :mellow:

Thanks everyone for the advice - I decided to be uber cautious and work from home this week, staying away from the kids at the office is well nigh impossible. In the end what decided me was realising thanks to Gooster that whilst the risk to my eyes is minimal in the scale of things, having a nasty cold which invariably would affect my eyes as they always do was not something I really wanted if I could help it whilst I am still getting used to wearing a contact lens, plus hubby would end up with it as well and HE cant afford to be ill next week so in the end I went for the easy option :flowers: