UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@phoebejo, there may be an incontinence advisory nurse who might help, unless the service has been axed in latest cuts in which case the district nurse will probably have taken over the role. Someone should be helping Alan cope with his problem, and that someone should not be you.

One of our walking companions has had notice that most of the jobs in her department are going to go and the rest will be relocated. It is an organisation which monitors and sets standards in social and health care. So it doesn't matter now if standards in those fields drop due to staff cuts, because there won't be anyone much around to keep an eye on them. Smart thinking, that government. :angry: My walking pal is not worried for herself, she has planned well and it will suit her to take early retirement, but she is appalled that the work of her department which she thinks is important has seemingly been dismissed as pointless bureaucracy.

they are always cutting something arnt they? not good

poppy the cav has got cirrhosis of the liver. at least its not cancer. shes coming back tonight

can you please all hold my hand at 3? doctor has called me in to talk about the lung tests :unsure: thank you :flowers:

I did let her know how unhappy I was, that they could have told me that on the pnone a week ago, so being told she wanted to see me instead was a tad worrying. she didnt have anything on the screen about seeing me so apologised

Thanks everyone for the advice - I decided to be uber cautious and work from home this week, staying away from the kids at the office is well nigh impossible. In the end what decided me was realising thanks to Gooster that whilst the risk to my eyes is minimal in the scale of things, having a nasty cold which invariably would affect my eyes as they always do was not something I really wanted if I could help it whilst I am still getting used to wearing a contact lens, plus hubby would end up with it as well and HE cant afford to be ill next week so in the end I went for the easy option :flowers:

Not the easy option Snow - the sensible option :)

Do hope your eye heals fully and that your vision does improve.

Will watch on iPlayer later. Really must get around to getting a TV licence :rolleyes:

It has been a super spring day here, birds all busy gathering nesting material. I saved all the clippings from Polly's coat in a carrier bag all winter, so today I wedged the big bundle of black hair into the fork of a tree for the birds to help themselves. When Wispa saw it she got agitated because she thought Polly was stuck up a tree :laugh: Then she went in the house and saw Polly was there. She is still trying to puzzle that one out.