UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

Alex, I feel your pain. I've been faffing about in the garden and I can hardly stand upright.

Michelle, glad your wisdom tooth has settled down. Toothache is *the* worst pain ever.

Spins, I bet your arms look great once they are liberated.

It's like Sleepy Hollow in the living room here, bodies everywhere. I think I'll slope off and take the horse for a spin while everyone is snoozing.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum swears that gone orf milk makes fabulous scones :flowers:

My aunt made superb scones with solid, sour milk. She ran a guest house and served scones at teatime each day. She would keep back milk to go sour to make her scones.

Edited by blackmagic

Alex, I feel your pain. I've been faffing about in the garden and I can hardly stand upright.

Tell me about it. Five hours of jetwashing and I feel ready for the knackers yard. I might need a large glass of that wine I treated myself to yesterday in Morrisons (well it was on offer, reduced from £8.99 to £3.99 - would have been rude not to) happy.gif

"Trawllm Farm", think that's called a challenge too far for me! I jut go ........... erm ........... "James Bond?"

Clutch at straws - don't suppose this be she?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/midwales/hi/tv_and_radio/newsid_8385000/8385895.stm

PS If she's penny pinching please ask what she'd do with 2 pints of nearly gone orf milk please. :laugh: Just so she knows what sane folks you mix with.

Warm to hot but not boiling,add some salt. take off heat and stir in a few drops of either vinegar or lemon juice. You will have Cottage or cream cheese. Drain off they whey which could be used for making the lightest cheese scones.

If you go for cream cheese wait till its cold and then stir in a bit of butter , add salt and you will have philly cheese without spending any money.

http://www.mrsmoneypenny.com/ This is here. We have been picking nettles and making pasta. She liked the tomato sauce I made.

Edited by Trallwm farm

One large and two small farmhouse fruit cakes in the oven (1 pint). Blueberry muffins (nearly half a pint) next as I picked up 4 tubs of blueberries for a quid at the Market. After that .......... I'm a thinking.

Curd tarts - yummy :wub: (At least they were before I turned vegan :rolleyes:)

Yes hope you don't suffer for it.

Am getting seriously peeved that other people can't wait for me to give them info I actually haven't got myself and keep asking me for it. I have a right to a weekend as well. Grr.

Edited by Jacobean

Help, please, please, please. I'm going to a party tonight - my dress has elbow length sleeves so no chance of hiding my arms which are looking like old dried leaves. :unsure: Any suggestions of something to put on them so that they look "normal"? :flowers:

Too late to be of use for this evening, but sweet almond oil is the best emergency moisturiser.

I was out of the house at 6.30 this morning, have been out in the dark this evening, and stink of garlic chicken, sardines and fox poo. And I will be out even earlier tomorrow, well before dawn. The dogs think I have lost my marbles. I just hope that trap has a disgruntled but well-fed hound in it tomorrow, not a furious fox or a berserk badger. The things we do for fun on Saturday nights in Derbyshire!