UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Has anyone else seen Rafi the seized staffy that was freed as not type, has been used as a stud dog to produce a litter of puppies.

Christmas was looking good and peaceful until I read what they had done. I cant control anything outside of my gate so at least everything here is fed ,watered and safe.

well it started off with can you do 2 weeks in January and now its can you come a bit later but stay longer , my business visa will allow me 12 weeks not longer than that in one go laugh.gif

to be honest even 2 weeks will be fantastic

Fantastic news!!!! I wondered if that was behind your question about the Metro. Is it Melbourne you will be working??? If so my sister is about 1 hour away in Ballarat, I'm sure she would show you round if you end up there. I did not use the Metro but trams instead, I did take a couple of pics of Southern Cross station for you though... :biggrin:

Seen it on FB,absolutely appalled and hope it doesn't reflect on other dogs in same situation.

Off today and having a VERY lazy day,first Christmas ever I haven't bought any of the usual foods,am working tomorrow and Boxing Day and we will have lunch with the residents and there's bound to be leftovers turkey for the dogs as well.Popped into local Tesco Express when walking these two and picked up a few essentails plus some reduced items and apart from walking them later I'm doing nothing :biggrin: Sun is streaming through my (filthy) windows,bird feeders have been filled and they are feasting,dogs are sleeping in the sunshine and all is well in our little world.Just wish the snow would vanish so I can drive to work again,so tiring walking on icy roads plus I have to leave the dogs even longer and feel guilty about that :(

Sam brilliant news about your job,you must be so excited.

Christmas has come early for us :biggrin: just had brilliant news - Nick went for a job interview yesterday for a permanent job and they've just rung to say he's got it! He starts 4th January :partytime: it's not exactly what he wants to do and they have said it's a high stress role with a lot of selling involved so all he can do is suck it n see, but the anxiety over work after Xmas and not having enough money coming in to pay the mortgage is over for now and he can relax and enjoy Christmas :circle: . you never know he might enjoy it and if so they've said there's lots of opportunities for promotion within the company.

Pleased Nick has got the job, what a relief flowers.gif

I've done all my cleaning and started on another book. Still in my dressing gown, I've decided I'm not getting dressed today biggrin.gif Gas fire on, dogs huddled round it, I'm on the sofa with a blanket over me and peace reigns. I even had a lager with my lunch, how decadent of me.

Help!! collected my turkey crown, to find the butcher has "butterflied" it..taken the bones out and rolled it, in other words. How the heck do I cook this? I've googled it, and I can't really find anything helpful apart from Jamie Oliver saying that only lazy people buy turkey crowns, they are murder to cook and have no flavour. Very useful Jamie, thanks for that. :mecry: :(

Has anyone else seen Rafi the seized staffy that was freed as not type, has been used as a stud dog to produce a litter of puppies.

:(

have a good day tomorrow Lynne, hope the ice melts for you. :flowers:

Good news for Nick :biggrin:

Enjoy, Alex. Tis the season to do whatever you want. :flowers:

:wavey: 'Lo Sandra

Hope your work day goes quickly Steph. :liebe94:

I have been busy doing buffet stuff for lazing in front of the tv tonight. Bread is made too and last minute things sorted. I seem to have run out of steam, so i am going to have a break and maybe a little mulled wine. :king_right:

Don't blame you Marge flowers.gif

Help!! collected my turkey crown, to find the butcher has "butterflied" it..taken the bones out and rolled it, in other words. How the heck do I cook this? I've googled it, and I can't really find anything helpful apart from Jamie Oliver saying that only lazy people buy turkey crowns, they are murder to cook and have no flavour. Very useful Jamie, thanks for that. :mecry: :(

Ring the butcher and ask him how to cook it flowers.gif

Found this which tells you how to cook all different joints of turkey flowers.gif ETA : It's the same one Gooster posted - great minds and all that.

Edited by merledogs

Morning shift completed, sent all the staff home and now Ive got a few hours peace before I go and do afternoon feeds and then bedtime later on.

We had greyhound puppies here this morning. We took in a pregnant bitch, and she went to foster. today 1 puppy went to his new home, 2 more go next week and 2 homes have fallen through so we have 2 puppies to find forever homes for. Both black bitches.

I would suggest ringing the butcher too, otherwise, if you haven't got a meat thermometer, weigh it and roast as a normal piece of meat, checking to see if the juices run clear? :flowers:

I must be extremely lazy, I have only HALF a turkey crown for new year :laugh:

Edited by houndzrus

Morning shift completed, sent all the staff home and now Ive got a few hours peace before I go and do afternoon feeds and then bedtime later on.

We had greyhound puppies here this morning. We took in a pregnant bitch, and she went to foster. today 1 puppy went to his new home, 2 more go next week and 2 homes have fallen through so we have 2 puppies to find forever homes for. Both black bitches.

Ooh greyhound poopies! :wub: enjoy your peaceful afternoon :flowers:

Unroll it, spread a layer of stuffing over it and roll it back up again. It'll be yummy. I learnt how to de-bone birds on a course I went on and whilst it's fiddly and time consuming, the end result is so worth it.