UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Morning and Merry Christmas :santa:

Congrats Cheryl :flowers: :flowers:

Hope Scoobs is better soon :flowers:

The dogs have opened their pressies, which consisted of Max taking each one off me in turn, taking them to his bed, inspecting them to see if they were of interest, then deciding not and coming back for the next pressie :laugh: :wub: He's the official pressie inspector :wub: The only pressie he was really interested in was the cats toy which was part of their SS from Murtle (thank you), which Mia cat also loved and has taken to hide under her blankie :wub: and his edible Nylabone which got eaten straight away (I have another two non edible ones to give him later).

They have had treats already and chewy things wot Marge sent them :flowers:

I am going to finish my cuppa, then take them out, then get the Turkey crown in and do the veg, then have breakfast. I have proper champagne and orange juice for the bucks fizz :biggrin:

Edited by merledogs

Nog is such a big kid at Christmas, he has carefully opened every present and played with them before coming up for the next one, I've never known a dog who takes so much care opening pressies :laugh: Alex those bonbons are a real hit, hubby and I are thinking of opening a Thorntons outlet here in the village with all the posh choccies we got and now Nog doesn't feel at all left out cos he's got his own fancy box of biccies :biggrin: I had been toying with the idea of a diet after Xmas to lose a bt of weight for the wedding - but with the amount of chocolate we've got to get through I rather think I'm going to have to put it off for at least a month :laugh:.

My boss bought me a lovely book - Prayers for Animal Lovers, it's so thoughtful and so appropriate, its fab though its rather a bit of an odd one out amongst the enormous pile of Stephen King's, Robert McCammon's and other horror/sci fi/apocalypse books I've had this year :ohmy: :laugh:

The lakeland terrier that attacked my cat yesterday is now at the gspca for rehoming. Hopefully the poor bugger will get a decent home where hes actually wanted and will be cared for. They've assured me any potential owners will be told about the attack and he'll not be rehomed with cats/small pets.

I hope the dog gets a good caring home :flowers:

Morning all and Merry Christmas :flowers:

Glad your pressies got well inspected Alex :laugh:

I have no dinner to cook today as I'm off to the outlaws later. Will take doglets out soon, then open pressies. Jack has been licking my arm, maybe he's looking for something? :laugh:

I'm listening to Ed "stewpot" Stewart on the radio, blimey, that takes me back. :unsure: Puff the magic dragon is playing and I feel like a kid again.

I'm having bucks fizz later too Alex, but just the ready made stuff :rolleyes:

Dogs have been walked. Feck it's cold out there. Normally I prefer cold weather to wet weather, but I'm fed up of it now and would welcome some nice warm rain to get rid of the snow and ice.

I'm having pork and apple sausages spiced with cinnamon for breakfast. The dogs are looking at me longingly but they're not having any. I have lightly fried a pigs trotter each so they can have those when they are cooled.

Am looking forward to Dr Who tonight, plus Eastenders and Emmerdale :pinkie:

I will not be watching Corrie cos it's so carp these days and I can't stand Tracey Barlow or John Stape storylines.

Am going to see what films are on later and try to find a channel showing It's a Wonderful Life.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm cooking most of the lunch here then taking it over to my parents. My mum was discharged from hospital yesterday which is fantastic news, but a bit worrying that the promised home support doesn't start until 4th January :rolleyes:

I'm listening to Ed "stewpot" Stewart on the radio, blimey, that takes me back. :unsure: Puff the magic dragon is playing and I feel like a kid again.

I have a Peter Paul & Mary cd in the player in the car at the moment. I have to skip Puff the magic dragon every time that I get to it, incase I still find it as upsetting as I did when I was a child!

In true Christmas tradition I have eaten too much and drunk several glasses of bucks fizz so am slightly squiffy drunk.gif

I'd forgotten what a faff Turkey was to cook and how I don't particularly like the taste :rolleyes: so am reverting to duck next year. Roasties are in, with pigs in blankets and pork, apple and cranberry stuffing. Dunno why, cos I'm not even hungry.

Have spent morning and lunchtime with mum, who has started eating well again since we have got her away from the meat-and-veg mentality and on to Covent Garden soups and pasta. She enjoyed the very wicked chocolate trifle I got her for afters - no Christmas pud as she can't eat dried fruit.

Going back soon for evening, have just come home to walk dogs and do their supper. Wispa found a pigs trotter of a fine old vintage in the wood and brought it home. She has hidden it and I don't know where. I can smell it but am not sure which armchair she has stuffed it down :rolleyes: Will get it back while she is in the kitchen eating supper.