UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

I'm back, didn't take long and managed to miss the queues. I stopped off at our local butchers shop on the way back, to get eggs and cheese. I was halfway home when I realised that I had left the car behind and had to walk back and get it! :laugh:

I know I shouldn't laugh, but thank you for that :laugh:

Much needed!!!

I'm back, didn't take long and managed to miss the queues. I stopped off at our local butchers shop on the way back, to get eggs and cheese. I was halfway home when I realised that I had left the car behind and had to walk back and get it! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i am going to town shortly... i don't want to and i need to go back to the vet to get a buster collar for dex...forgot to buy it while i was there :rolleyes:

:laugh: Oh Marge! That's bought back a memory of OH when he forgotten he'd taken the car to work, came back on the bus after a 2-10pm shift and asked me where the car was!

:laugh: Glad I'm not the only one!

I know I shouldn't laugh, but thank you for that :laugh:

Much needed!!!

You're welcome :biggrin: :flowers:

i am going to town shortly... i don't want to and i need to go back to the vet to get a buster collar for dex...forgot to buy it while i was there :rolleyes:

I hope your trip out is as quick as mine was. shame you have to go to the vet's again :flowers:

Morning :)

I am about to get on the many many layers I will need to take the dogs out. I would say I'm being a wuss being so cold, but the ice on the inside of all our flat windows is too thick to scrape off with your fingernails, I found a mini glacier creeping across our bedroom floor and we can see the roof tiles in one of our rooms due to renovation so it's a tad breezy in the place :wacko:

Have taken some lovely snowy photos which I will post later. I was getting rather excited at the idea of a thaw next week but it seems to have slipped into the future somewhat.

Wrapping Christmas pressies later :biggrin:

Keep yerself and the bump warm Abby :flowers:

Griff - hope your nan finds something nice. You're very thoughtful :GroupHug:

Jules - what a pair of jerks :ohmy: Sounds like you are better off without them :GroupHug:

Marge - what are you like? :laugh:

RMF : I've done Asda, then Asda petrol station, then Aldi, then Morrisons for Calor Gas (they were out), then Calor Gas place, which had run out of 15kg butane, so had to get 12kg, but at least I have a nice warm living room now with the gas fire on. It's not the same without it, even with the heating on full. The only thing I didn't get was pigs in blankets, but I have sausages and bacon so I can make my own. I did end up buying lots of stuff which wasn't on my list though :rolleyes:

Asda was absolutely mobbed and some of the shelves were empty because the deliveries aren't getting through. There was not a single tortilla chip to be had in Asda, but thankfully I got some in Aldi. Aldi wasn't too bad. Traffic is very light, so that was a bonus.

I don't intend to go out again for several days, apart from taking the mutts out. I am going to stay cosy inside and eat, watch telly and read books, heaven :biggrin:

Edited by merledogs

Off to have a shower and then brave the Christmas crowds. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it :rolleyes:

hope it went well

I did my christmas shop at Morrisons this morning about 9am and it was pretty empty

i have the vets this morning and then i am going to town.... this seems a very bad idea to me but my dad has broke his ice scraper..... and my nan called last night to say the oncologist reckons she has about 9 months to live, i spoke to my aunty who let slip that there is a shop my nan likes to shop at so i am going to go and get a gift card so she can buy herself something nice and hopefully put a smile on her face.... i also need to track down some purple grape juice :wacko:

very sorry to read that

I've had a funny couple of days. Went out on Tuesday night with the folk from work, had a nice time, the two bosses (husband and wife) gave us all a little gift - bottle of wine and a photo frame kind of thing - and made a speech about how we were all great. Neither of them really spoke to me or could look me in the eye though, which was a bit weird. Went into work yesterday for my last day before christmas, got called in for a surprise meeting at 3pm to be told I was being 'let go', then bosses wished us all a merry christmas and they went home early. I was a bit taken aback at the timing, merry christmas to you too, you cold-hearted gits :laugh: I feel as free as a bird this morning. A bit scared, and skint as that's the only regular money I have coming in, but free :biggrin:

having been in your shoes the only advice I can give is that anyone who can treat you that way is a rat and will get their comeuppance , I do hope you get some more work soon for nicer people

forgot my own post

yesterday I went out and had lunch with my old boss at Westfield , then I went out to the pub with my soon to be new boss in the evening

There is a delay in getting paperwork done as the companies procurement department has closed for its summer holidays ( that might give you a clue as to where my job will be ) but its all looking pretty sorted

Originally they had wanted me in early January which was rather tight but now they are talking about Feb/March which will give me time to get my visa sorted

forgot my own post

yesterday I went out and had lunch with my old boss at Westfield , then I went out to the pub with my soon to be new boss in the evening

There is a delay in getting paperwork done as the companies procurement department has closed for its summer holidays ( that might give you a clue as to where my job will be ) but its all looking pretty sorted

Originally they had wanted me in early January which was rather tight but now they are talking about Feb/March which will give me time to get my visa sorted

Landed on your feet at least

Sam, I'm really pleased the new job is going to happen, but where are you going???

We had a lovely sunny walk with the dogs and I'm about to make some hot chocolate and pretend I know what we're having for lunch :rolleyes:

Just found OH's brother's chirstmas card on the table. whoops. I'll add that to the pile of internaitonal cards that haven't quite left the building either...

well done HLGS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: can i guess??? is it oz????

merledogs glad you got all your shopping done.

Abby keep nice and warm :flowers:

been and done all that i need to do except get live goats yoghurt but i will see how i feel later, i have volunteered to answer the phone at my vets tomorrow if they need me :unsure: they have staff off on holiday and staff off sick, so i offered to answer the phone and take messages..... god knows what the customers would think with me answering the phone :rolleyes:

Sam, that's brilliant news. You must be massively excited. woo hoo :pinkie:

Marge :laughingsmiley:

Thank you for my good wishes this morning. I do firmly believe in karma and what goes around comes around, and how you treat people will eventually rebound on you. They 'may' occasionally have some freelance work for me but hopefully I will be too busy to be able to help them :rolleyes:

Edited by JulesB

Landed on your feet at least

I think so , mind you I landed on my arse a few times along the way laugh.gif

Sam, I'm really pleased the new job is going to happen, but where are you going???

I think griff knows

well done HLGS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: can i guess??? is it oz????

biggrin.gif it is

Sam, that's brilliant news. You must be massively excited. woo hoo :pinkie:

I am really really excited so excited that I am actually not looking or acting excited as I am that excited I might get over excited if I let it ( can you tell I am excited )

They 'may' occasionally have some freelance work for me but hopefully I will be too busy to be able to help them

Serves them right! :biggrin:

I am really really excited so excited that I am actually not looking or acting excited as I am that excited I might get over excited if I let it ( can you tell I am excited )

Oooh, Oz! Fantastic!How long for? :unsure: (Signed, nosey of Coventry) :flowers:

RMF: Keith's firm have said they don't need to go in tomorrow. Great news, the alarm clock can be switched off at last. :biggrin:

I have finished wrapping, shopping, cleaning etc. Bit disappointed with Keith's card though. it was in cellophane, but when I opened it there was no envelope! :unsure:

Bit strange not doing the Christmas dinner this year, I have no preparations to do. :rolleyes:

I'm so pleased to be feeling better now, except for the cough, though I have had it so long it is like an annoying family member. You know the sort, stays too long and gets on your nerves, then you feel so much better when it's gone! :laugh:

Oooh, Oz! Fantastic!How long for? :unsure: (Signed, nosey of Coventry) :flowers:

well it started off with can you do 2 weeks in January and now its can you come a bit later but stay longer , my business visa will allow me 12 weeks not longer than that in one go laugh.gif

to be honest even 2 weeks will be fantastic