UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: sorry for all those who have lost relatives

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: sleep tight little rat

Merledogs your cats are lovely :wub:

:laugh: @snow and her mountain of diet coke :laugh:

i have the vets this morning and then i am going to town.... this seems a very bad idea to me but my dad has broke his ice scraper..... and my nan called last night to say the oncologist reckons she has about 9 months to live, i spoke to my aunty who let slip that there is a shop my nan likes to shop at so i am going to go and get a gift card so she can buy herself something nice and hopefully put a smile on her face.... i also need to track down some purple grape juice :wacko:

Sleep tight Holly rat :wub:

Griff, I'm sorry about your nan's news :GroupHug:

Good luck Alex, could you do my last minute shopping while you are there please :biggrin:

I've had a funny couple of days. Went out on Tuesday night with the folk from work, had a nice time, the two bosses (husband and wife) gave us all a little gift - bottle of wine and a photo frame kind of thing - and made a speech about how we were all great. Neither of them really spoke to me or could look me in the eye though, which was a bit weird. Went into work yesterday for my last day before christmas, got called in for a surprise meeting at 3pm to be told I was being 'let go', then bosses wished us all a merry christmas and they went home early. I was a bit taken aback at the timing, merry christmas to you too, you cold-hearted gits :laugh: I feel as free as a bird this morning. A bit scared, and skint as that's the only regular money I have coming in, but free :biggrin:

Wibble. I am going to attempt to get over to parents house today with their presents. Their road hasn't been gritted so I may be parking at the end of it and walking up :rolleyes: I'm already looking forward to getting back because then I'll not have to go anywhere at all until Boxing Day and I intend to indulge in my first alcoholic beverage since September tonight :biggrin: I had to buy some Tia Maria for my Tiramisu and it'd be a shame to waste any :laugh:

Margaret glad to hear it has gone and hope it stays away.

Jules - how mean, but how great for a New Year start. Cowards do announce it like that, and when they did. I worked for a company that insisted, regardless of HR advice, on announcing redundancies on a Friday. It took them years to learn that it wasn't a good idea. I hope you find something more enjoyable and where you'll be more appreciated.

Shopping....shudder....still have to do it...

Snow, you and Terri must be among the online shoppings greatest moments!!!

Cheryl. drive safely and avoid any of the idiots on the road. :flowers:

JulesB :ohmy: that's an awful way to be told you're being let go, pair of sh1tbags!! Hope the New Year brings you a fab new job :flowers:

:GroupHug: sorry about your Gran, Griff.

I've done my shopping there will not be another shopping trip until the cupboards are empty! I despise shopping, it's a once a month event, so having to visit Asda 4 times, the town center 6 times and one trip to the retail park is way out of my shopping comfort zone :wacko:

I'm back, didn't take long and managed to miss the queues. I stopped off at our local butchers shop on the way back, to get eggs and cheese. I was halfway home when I realised that I had left the car behind and had to walk back and get it! :laugh:

:laugh: Oh Marge! That's bought back a memory of OH when he forgotten he'd taken the car to work, came back on the bus after a 2-10pm shift and asked me where the car was! :laugh: