UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

It's thawing here too, thankfully.

RMF : Was going to say that the bootiful pair of collared doves which bisit me are eating the seed I put out last night, but then noticed there is some sort of woodpecker at the bottom of the garden! Assume it's a woodpecker cos it's pecking against the tree trunk :wub:

:GroupHug: to Amy

RMF- am hiding upstairs at mum and dad's house as they have an annoying visitor downstairs. He arrived at 6.45 tonight and is still here. Thankfully dad has been keeping me supplied with wine!! Usually mum and dad pretend to be out when he calls round, but they had left the porch door open so he knew we were in!! Dammit!!

We've made a start on clearing my Grandads flat. He appears to have kept over 20 years worth of utility bills :wacko: We've managed to clear one room apart from the furniture which we will need to decide what to do with.

The Salvation Army welcome gifts of furniture. They will come around with a van and pick it up. Some things they cannot take such as upholstered furniture which does not meet fire regulations (mostly older stuff). We called them when we emptied Old Aunties flat last year. Give them a call.

There are always people who advertise "houses emptied" but most of them practically charge you for doing it rather than paying what the furniture might be worth.

:GroupHug: Amy, it must be hard, especially at christmas :flowers:

thankfully christmas is over..... my bro wnet home yesterday just as i was at snapping point, he turned up, never offered my mum a penny towards christmas, ate, drank, never washed up, beggered off leaving dirty cups and glasses and a bag of rubbish...didn't occur to him that wrapping paper belongs in the recycler :angry:

I think we'll try and freecycle alot of it. The furniture is pretty old apart from one chair so would prob fail the fire regulations. There is a really old sofa which wont be any use to anyone. I think the plan is to remove as much as we can before getting in a house clearing company to take away the rest.

Am still in my pjs should really get up and take Louie for a walks although at the mo hes asleep next to me.

Afternoon. Getting lazier by the day here with big sleep ins. Very slippery out and it's raining on and off so thawing nicely. Even the duck pond is so hopefully we'll see them back soon. Felt quite sorry for the Moor Hens that stayed behind and were just sitting about.

Taking the opportunity to have a right old sort out and clean up.