UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

thankyou for the good wishes for my ear :flowers: compared to other peoples problems being deaf and in a bit of pain isn't a lot to put up with.

Jazz i hope your mum gets some help to stop with the side effects of the chemo...must be very worrying for you :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all those who are feeling down and have suffered a loss, christmas can be a difficult time, it lost it's sparkle for me at 9 years old when i lost my grandad.... wasn't ever the same and i don't really bother now, i begrudgingly put up a xmas tree... i am going to get oen of those pop up ones as i really hate decorating the damn thing :rolleyes:

i hope Harriet lurcher has found somebody to give her a warm place to sleep over the cold snap..... how awful for somebody to lie about hitting her and leaving her body but lets hope she is found safe and well.

Morning :tired:

Me too. Is it possible said witness has taken Harriett home themselves? :unsure:

Monday morning, yuk. More fallout to deal with from Friday.

That did occur to us but there are reasons why we don't think this is the case. The first story about seeing her being clipped and then running off is most likely to be true. Nuff said for now, we all have to deal with people who live on another planet sometimes.

Wispa has a slightly sore eye and is a bit woe is me. I think she will have to have some AB drops. Funny, she is unperturbed by scrapes, cuts, minor injuries resulting from active lifestyle but gets really upset by something like that.

It'ss ssssssoooooo ccccccooooooollld!

Met a cow this morning who had sort of snuggled herself into the hedge under a bush to try to keep warm and looked very sad. Are cows all right outside in this weather? She wasn't one of the woolly sort and was all on her lonesome. unsure.gif

The farmer who owns the cows where I walk my lot usually takes the cows in for winter. Poor thing, I bet it must be freezing :GroupHug:

Foor poorly mutts :GroupHug: and norty cats :devil:

RMF : The muppets people who run our IT dept have migrated data from one server to another. I now have access to stuff I shouldn't have access to, and have had to move any sensitive stuff of ours which is on the server to my personal drive so nobody else can see it. My colleague additionally now has access to sensitive Finance information, including expenses. I have flagged it to the person in charge of the migration, but he just said it must be information I had access to previously (which it isn't). The words "piss up" and "brewery" spring to mind :rolleyes:

A friend who lives near the New Forest commented the other day that some of the cows there had baby cows with them which was a bit strange. The day after he said there were no cows there and thought maybe the farmer had taken them all in for winter :flowers:

One of the sensible PM's in my team is taking over the management of one of the workstream I work in, we have just had a conversation that has brightened my day! I like this one and have more respect for him than many of the muppets I work with combined...yay for the next few months...

Met a cow this morning who had sort of snuggled herself into the hedge under a bush to try to keep warm and looked very sad. Are cows all right outside in this weather? She wasn't one of the woolly sort and was all on her lonesome. unsure.gif

It depends on the breed. The cows beside us are out all year but have feeders topped up daily.

They would overheat if put inside.

One crofter puts his out every day and takes them in about 4pm but the door to the barn is left open overnight.

I may be because where he is the wild deer come down to feed in the bad weather and they would eat any feed put out for the cattle.

They all gather outside the barn waiting to be let in from 3.30pm.

They do all tend to stay huddled together though. One on its own is strange.

I have rediscovered jigsaws in an effort to have more chill-out time in the evenings :D

I have unearthed a large jigsaw which contains another sort of puzzle which you see when you have put it together. It is unopened, a present which I was given back in the 80s! Maybe it's time to do it.

Trying to pluck up courage to go at least to Eckington and maybe over to my mum's. She may be running low on supplies, and I need a few things including some eye drops for Wispa. My main worry is getting the car back into the drive.

She could be calving or she could have sore feet. If you can get her up then you should see if there is a problem. Our vet was saying that he is aware that a lot of cattle are struggling this year. Mine were lying outside in the frost this morning but they follow the sunshine and sunbathe anywhere. They are herd animals and always stick together unless one is ill.

Today I am Dogstars IT department which means I get to stay in doors ( other than walking my dogs ) to fiddle with the websites and blogs

Tomorrow I am Dogstars shop processing and packing department , which means I have package up a lot of christmas pudding orders and go and queue at the post office ( we have the grumpiest staff in the world at ours and they really "love" me with my packages ) and design and order items in for 2011

Wednesday I am the press and publicity department which means doing a lot of stuff I am crap at ! this week I am trying to make a event calendar for 2011 including all our key actives that may be interesting to the press , plus putting together a press pack and something else I have yet to get my head round laugh.gif

Thursday I am the fundraising department , we had a provisional offer of funding for a large clinic ( involving hiring in extra vets and teams of dog trappers ) as these things take months to prepare I booked the team only for the funding to fall through not once but twice in a week wacko.gif

not sure who I am on Friday yet

I've been and done my volunteering for the week. Been to Curry's to look at a new oven (good timing for the old one to pop it's clogs, just before Christmas!), picked up an order from M&S. Just about to give OH a lift - he's out for the evening. Then I'm going to do bath and bed with the grandchildren, have some dinner and then write me Christmas cards. :wacko: