UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Extremely cold, foggy, frosty and more snow on the way.

I have rediscovered jigsaws in an effort to have more chill-out time in the evenings :D

I'm hoping to rediscover jigsaws too. I've ordered a jigsaw mat so if we (Andy and I) are only half way through, we can roll it up and leave it for another time. The only place I have to do jigsaws is on the kitchen table.

Back from the vets with Finn - we think his back and spine are playing up again so he's in more discomfort which combined with the cold has just set it all off :( poor lad is to stay wrapped up warm, get massage and stretching exercises and a dose of his usual remedy with some metacalm as a backup. Most likely there is some disc degeneration and protrusion but not much point running more tests at the moment. Hopefully he'll be back to his usual self soon.

RMjigsawFL: I have finished a 1000 piece panorama from Lord of the Rings and now doing a penguins in the snow one again - sent me mad last time though because it only has two shapes of pieces so you have to go almost entirely by colour and shading :wacko:

For Finn :GroupHug:

I have just spent the best part of the last hour changing my director's flights. He's currently driving aimlessly around Lyons trying to get to the airport. He's already missed his earlier flight, so I booked him on a later BA flight via Heathrow (even though I advised him to take one 20 minutes later, he said he didn't want to go via Munich). He has now missed the check in time for the Heathrow flight and, even though it's delayed, it's doubtful he'll get on it. And he's still not at the airport. If he doesn't get the Heathrow flight he will miss his connecting flight from Heathrow to Manchester, which is the last one today, so he will either end up spending the night in Lyons airport or Heathrow airport. :rolleyes:

Is it bed time yet? :huh: I got about half an hours kip last night :angry: Firstly I had to stay up late to get the kids uniforms dry. When I finally did get to bed Mr Hazell was snoring and that annoyed me. Then I had things on my mind and things never normally keep me awake but these are big nasty things :worried: Alan has taken to shouting and talking in his sleep so then that kept me awake. He was ranting and raving about chicken pie amongst other things :oneeyed02: Then Hebe pooseykat decided staying out all night was a bad idea so to attract attention to her change of heart she climbed onto the porch roof and started yodelling. So I got up to let her in. Then because the dogs had heard me they got excited and thought it was a brilliant time to go out for a wee. I tried to ignore them but then Lizzie started doing her Ineedapoo bark which is a very loud WOOF every thirty seconds continuously :tired: So I got up again and Henryno spent ages outside, far longer than is normal for wees and poos and it was freeeeeeeezink cold :bigtonstuck: More shouting from Alan followed but I finally nodded off just before Mr Hazells alarm clock went off :grrr:

Hope you have a better night tonight, Phoebejo.

Alex, I thought a person had to be at least a little bit organised to become a director. Obviously I know nothing about business.

Have driven the car for the first time since the Saturday before last! Arctic conditions with all roads narrowed by huge stacks of snow at roadside. Took one look at the frozen state of Eckington and went on through to Morrisons at Halfway on the southern edge of Sheffield, got everything I need there except eyedrops for Wispa but have since found an unopened bottle in back of fridge so that's ok. It has been warm and sunny today but when I got out of the store, dusk was falling and so was the temperature. The heater fan froze and I had to get the engine warm before it would work. Ice was forming on inside of windscreen. Very glad to get home and even gladder to back car safely into drive without skidding.

Well done Lizzie :biggrin:

You couldn't make it up, some of the things which happen on the Lost & Found scene. That lurcher that Wispa and I were going to look for on yesterday, only to be told she had been killed on the road? Owners went to collect her, and not only was the body not where he said he had left it, but everyone is pretty certain he was lying.

It's probably a complete coincidence as I don't know which area you or the lost dog are in but I was driving to the Oldies Club Winter Walkies at Westonbirt on Sunday and passed a dead dog at the side of the road. I was unsure what to do because it was Sunday and no-one would be open but I phoned up a local vet today and the dog had been taken to them this morning by the council I think.

Did I do the right thing? It was a lurcher too.

It's probably a complete coincidence as I don't know which area you or the lost dog are in but I was driving to the Oldies Club Winter Walkies at Westonbirt on Sunday and passed a dead dog at the side of the road. I was unsure what to do because it was Sunday and no-one would be open but I phoned up a local vet today and the dog had been taken to them this morning by the council I think.

Did I do the right thing? It was a lurcher too.

Please will you give me as much of a description as you can and let me know which vet? It might be another of our missing ones. I am relieved the council took the poor dog to the vet for scan. Harriet went missing north of Sheffield so not likely to be her.

It's difficult to know where to report something like this on a Sunday. There are numbers you can call about anything amiss on the main roads, will go and look them up in a minute and post them here. It's also sometimes possible to get an emergency number for the council environmental dept, but it depends on which council.

Please will you give me as much of a description as you can and let me know which vet? It might be another of our missing ones. I am relieved the council took the poor dog to the vet for scan. Harriet went missing north of Sheffield so not likely to be her.

It's difficult to know where to report something like this on a Sunday. There are numbers you can call about anything amiss on the main roads, will go and look them up in a minute and post them here. It's also sometimes possible to get an emergency number for the council environmental dept, but it depends on which council.

The dog was a very striking blue merle lurcher with a short coat (stupidly I now realise I didn't check to see what sex it was but the vet will know) it didn't look very old at all, possibly 18mths to 2 yrs. It was quite a large dog and looked to have been in good condition and only recently died. I could not see any sign of an injury at all although I didn't move it to look underneath. It was lead on it's side in a completely natural position. There was a collar next to the dog which someone had obviously taken off, I wondered if someone had taken any disc to notify the owner but I now think not as the dog was only taken to the vet today. The collar was a dark blue leather greyhound type collar (looked quite an expensive one).

The vet I phoned was The George Vets at Malmesbury Wiltshire and their phone number is 01666 823165 they said the dog was not microchipped.

If you do find out any more about this dog Owl could you let me know?

The numbers to ring to report anything amiss on motorways and A roads are:

Traffic England 08457 504030

Traffic Wales 08456 026020

Traffic Scotland 0800 028 1414

Put them in your mobile, folks :wink:

Thank you Jeanne, I will pass this on to the Doglost co-ordinators and will let you know if we find out anything further.

Hello and Good Morning from Melbourne.

:GroupHug: to all who have been having a hard time of it lately.

I am just back from a trip to Alice Springs and Uluru, it rained!! Not all the time and it was still hot but couldn't get any spectacular sunset/sunrise pics. :mellow: Was a good trip, we slept in swag bags (in the rain) and our guide was part Aboriginal so was very sincere when recounting the history etc of the places we went.

Off to Cairns tomorrow, so today is getting clothes dried and repacked day.