UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

Had a bit of shocking news yesterday, there is a couple about 100 yards up from me who have the westie that comes to stay for a week a couple times a year. Well I don't really see them that often, both are approx my age, maybe plus 4 or so.

the wife was telling me that her husband has tried to commit suicide 3 times in the last 7 months, once he slit his throat, twice tried to slash his wrists, for some reason he has been overcome with depression.

The last time it happened she came home the front and back doors were locked, and she could see a large pool of blood spreading across the kitchen floor, according to the

paramedics he was about 20 minutes from death due to blood loss, they had to smash their way into the house.

All this happened in the last 7 months a mere 100 yards from my door, and i feel quity crappy about it all, as I think I could have helped in some way.

Please can you spare some thoughts for them and their children, as they were very kind and supportive to me when I lost Lisa. When I told all this yesterday i was shocked, and I still am, as we have been out a few times over the last couple of years for a beer or 2 down the local.

At least I know now, and that he is in a secure unit being looked after. :(

I told her to bang on my door anytime day or night, if she ever needs anything..

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness what a shock! Glad to hear he is being looked after but that must be so hard on them all. flowers.gif

The butcher gave me some free beef ribs for the hounds. Mollydog chewed hers. Az buried his. Mollydog dug it up again, and chewed that one as well. Now Az is chewing both bones in the garden. I guess it makes some sort of sense to them! wacko.gif

Oh Nige that's awful. Hope he has crisis care when he gets back home and manages to carry on until this period is over and he gets his life back on track.

Have had my hair chopped off and some highlights put in. The dogs are all knackered as I've been getting them working with activities. Am now going to go and sort out the side of the garden.

My hay fever has been really bad the last few days. Nose wouldn't stop running. So I'm going to get one of those machines where you shove the things up your nose. Anyone tried one of them? Typically the chemist was just shutting as I turned up. Now wish I hadn't faffed searching for one in the shopping centre.

Evening :wavey:

Not been about much but big :GroupHug: s to those with problems, sadness and friends in need.

Nought on the TV tonight I feel an early night coming on :rolleyes: Although after debating the new doctor who writer last week, I feel that tonight he is maybe coming up with a twist :unsure:

Went for a lovely walk on the common this afternoon with the boys and just might have popped by one of my favourite clothes shops on the way home and have bought a new outfit to wear at my Sister in Laws 40th birthday party tomorrow lunchtime :biggrin: Surprising how much money you can spend going out for a dog walk :laugh: