UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

Morning.

Im glad I have no neighbours. I have woken up about 42 dogs who are all barking, my own are joining in, and I have 3 builders otuside who are about to chop down my fence and clear the garden as building work starts today. 12 weeks of chaos :laugh:

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful start to the week, sun is shining, the birds are probably chirping only I can't hear them over the murder inducing sounds of someones yappy dog thats been turfed out into the garden and left to bark itself hoarse and the delightful sound of the streets nosiest child barking back at said dog and screaming shutttttttttttt uppppppppppppp at the top of his foghorn like lungs. Just where the adults of 2 bloody households are who are responsible for said dog and child are I have no fecking idea they seem to be blissfully deaf - unlike the rest of the estate who have been enduring the racket since before 7am! :mad:

crikey.... i really do wonder what the hell goes on in peoples heads.... i tried my best to get laney to settle down on smelling/hearing new dog next door (he is terrified of dogs) i would be mortified if he began doing it at 7am :unsure:

Helly are your builders fit??? if you are going to be inconvenienced with building work you deserve a nice view :laugh:

Edited by griff

Sam, have PM'd re: website.

My closest neighbour has occationally sighed about the number of power tools in use on Sunday afternoons, and they are generally lovely people so I try to stick to unpowered gardening that day. But yesterday they had their own shredder churning away! So, does this mean that sunday powertools are OK now? or are they preparing for some enormous one-off life event like a wedding or something which is an exemption to the general rule?

O, the etiquette! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Sam, have PM'd re: website.

My closest neighbour has occationally sighed about the number of power tools in use on Sunday afternoons, and they are generally lovely people so I try to stick to unpowered gardening that day. But yesterday they had their own shredder churning away! So, does this mean that sunday powertools are OK now? or are they preparing for some enormous one-off life event like a wedding or something which is an exemption to the general rule?

O, the etiquette! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

:laugh: sunday afternoon!!! our "nice" neighbour cuts his lawn at 7 am and always on a saturday or sunday....most people get up to got to work during the week and enjoy a lie in on a weekend..no chance round here :laugh:

Hope everyone has a good solstice :GroupHug:

I'm afraid I was one of the power tool gang yesterday. Someone kindly gave me an electric hedge cutter as thanks for favours done, and I had so much fun with it that I overdid things. Had to get up at 3 am to find paracetamol as shoulders hurt too much to lie on.

Hope things improve for you, Sam. I think most of us have pitched into the wrong person under pressure at some time or other.

Am awaiting the landlords' response to a builder's estimate. Hope they accept it pdq before the weather changes and more water seeps in.

I don't mind most of the power tools that much, personally - our houses are pretty widely spaced out so it's not like they are right next to you. You really only notice the noise in the summer because there's no traffic noise or anything to mask it.

Though the two neighbours with chainsaws amuse me : they tend to make a lot of vavavaVOOOM noises, and really not that much sawing noise. One of them has a much smaller garden than me, so I am pretty sure he has long ago cut down anything that could possibly need a power saw, and would be a lot quicker with a hand saw and secateurs. I use a hand saw, and it's absolutely fine for anything below about 6-8 inches diameter that isn't oak, really very quick, cheaper to run, and SO much safer. One of these days I am afraid one of them is going to cut his own foot off, it's not like either of them wear the proper protective gear.

How come you can get done for carrying a pocket knife with a blade only a couple inches long in your pocket yet anyone can waltz into a DIY store and buy a chainsaw with NO training or any idea how to safely use it...? rolleyes.gif

Yappy dog and screaming child noises have gone to be replaced by the sound of chainsaws .... one has to wonder if the two things are related? :laugh: :laugh:

In all honesty I know I have ranted about noisy inconsiderate neighbours & kids before, but generally I don't pay any attention, it's not like this is a haven of peace and tranquility at all other times cos it's not, between the sounds of military jet engines revving up every few mins, gun fire from the ranges, heavy military vehicles, chainsaws, lawn mowers, petrol strimmers and building works being carried out most days then add in the kids & dogs noise its hardly "peaceful" here at all. I rant when it goes beyond the normal background bedlam range and becomes extremely intrusive and unacceptably inconsiderate, if I'm ranting, believe me, it's very very loud and intrusive and totally beyond being reasonable.

We had Bruno here Sunday morning, he's a small dog with a BIG yap, he and Nog were out in the garden playing "if you stand still and lemme catch you I'm gonna eat you rarr rarrr rarrr" games without a doubt it was loud, BUT, we only allowed it to go on for about 5 mins, after which time they were both told to calm down and a stop was put on loud chase games.

The yapping dog this morning (who had previously been out until 11pm last night doing the same thing) wasn't yapping in play - it was definate attention seeking I want to come in where are youuuuu yapping - yap yap yap yap yap *listening pause* yap yap yap yap yap *pause* yap yap yap yap yap *pause* repeat for hours on end. If the dog has barking issues thats not the way to go about solving them.

i can't stand to hear dogs barking for hours (you know when they are shut out) i get really upset when they get to that desperate howly cry point.... i don't understand why you would have a dog to shut it out :unsure: my 2 tell the cats off, tell the squirrels off, tell the couriers off and let my dad know he needs to get a move on getting out of the car after work :laugh: they are not left to bark, i wouldn't have that... trouble is the dog at the end barks when my 2 do, its ok except it goes on for ages and nobody stops him (my 2 won't bark if another dog barks) then the dog in the flats joins in and again goes on and on... i try to be considerate with others but the lot that have moved next to us.... i refuse to be considerate with them (although i will do my best not to let lanes bark at their dog..it's not the dogs fault it has been lumbered with t*ssers)

today i am very grumpy... we have a new place called eat for less in town..cheese and onion baguettes cost 75p so i ordered one making sure i said no mayo.. the girl yelled the order and i waited.. quickly checked the baguette..looked o.k, got home and began to eat it..... yack mouthful of mayo :angry: i will now have to make myself something for dinner and i really can't be ar*ed

We do have some :handjob in work. One in particular who hacked me off today by accusing me of something I hadn't done, so I emailed back very politely and put him straight (he's quite senior so I was extremely polite). Then I rang to speak to someone in Portsmouth about it and she foghorned down the office to my director that I had called this bloke a tosser :rolleyes: