UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

Morning. Seth has decided 7am is quite late enough for me to sleep in, and has taken to creeeping upstairs, creeping round my bed and then madeing one ruddy great 'woof' before legging back down again :laugh: Im guessing I am about to change my bedtimes and routines before I go mad from lack of sleep :laugh:

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, have been much occupied with a sudden deluge of dogs into emergency boarding but these are now getting rescue spaces. Life is likely to be hectic for another week or two while we get them all from here to there. Many thanks to Lesley TF for her help :flowers:

Was very touched by the concern of a council worker who was attending to the loos etc at a nice place we found near Monmouth with a little park and picnic area. We were taking a break so that passenger and I could stretch our legs, and he asked me how old this husky was. When I said he was just a year old, the man asked me how I would cope with a dog of this type and age who would get bigger and stronger and need miles of exercise a day. I explained I was just moving him from an unsuitable situation to an experienced husky fosterer, and he was most relieved.

Thinking of you and your friends, Nige. Tragic situation, hope this poor man can get treatment and find some solace. :GroupHug:

Thinking of everyone with hay fever. It is horrid and I am deeply grateful that mine went away. The only allergy which remained was oilseed rape flowers, and that has suddenly gone away this year.

Happy Gotcha day Wiggle :wub:

Morning. Seth has decided 7am is quite late enough for me to sleep in, and has taken to creeeping upstairs, creeping round my bed and then madeing one ruddy great 'woof' before legging back down again :laugh: Im guessing I am about to change my bedtimes and routines before I go mad from lack of sleep :laugh:

Quite right too, 7 am is way too late to be getting up in this house :laugh:

Was very touched by the concern of a council worker who was attending to the loos etc at a nice place we found near Monmouth with a little park and picnic area. We were taking a break so that passenger and I could stretch our legs, and he asked me how old this husky was. When I said he was just a year old, the man asked me how I would cope with a dog of this type and age who would get bigger and stronger and need miles of exercise a day. I explained I was just moving him from an unsuitable situation to an experienced husky fosterer, and he was most relieved.

Such caring and sensibility is rare indeed, tis nice when you come across it :flowers:

We are leaving shortly, to visit Tess. I am desperate to see her, but feeling all chewed up and sick at the same time :(

Sending tons of positive thoughts for you and Tess :GroupHug:

We had a lovely walk - went a different way today which involved me walking for an hour instead of me pootling about yakking while the dogs run round playing.

I have mown the lawn and dug out Milly's soft crate for Max cos he loved it but I put it in the garage at least a year ago cos it got pee'd up and stank. I have scrubbed it down with biological washing powder and left it out to dry. Milly would never let Max (or anyone else for that matter) go in it cos it was HERS :wub: The sheepskin bit on the bottom was full of Milly hair :mecry:

Today is mostly going to consist of several lots of washing, reading, pootling and sunbathing.

I am so bored that I just went through the 900+ old emails in my inbox deleting the 800 or so I no longer needed rolleyes.gif

Am not dealing well with the idea that sitting on my backside doing nothing is ok because my body is busy healing.

Any ideas for how to occupy my time that needs no physical input and no mental capacity (drugs are making me extraordinarily vacant) would be gratefully received. I am so vacant I can't even decide between dvds.....

We had a lovely day yesterday at the Kew Midsummer Fete. There were lots of lovely stalls, lovely food and a really fun dog show.

After the rather disastrous Shield Show (where I had an Oldies Club stall) it was great to go to an event where 'fun' was the main aim, and nobody was at all competitive. Of course, the rather hunky judge also helped! rolleyes.gif Not sure if anyones heard of Zac Goldsmith, but he's the new MP for Richmond and is a bit of a dish- very rare for politics!

Tess got first place for the veteran category and then reserve best in show- which meant that we got to have our picture taken with Zac. It should appear in next weeks edition of The Richmond and Twickenham Times, but I was grinning inanely so I'm not so sure I want to see it now!

Afternoon what a hot one today has turned out to be. Was supposed to be cold and raining. I ain't complaining.

Slept in til 12. The gardening yesterday must have knackered me. Sadly had horrendous nightmares and was very relieved to wake up and find all was ok. Scoobs had us up til 4am mind you being sick. He's right as rain now.

We were informed Issie's routine was get up at 6am and she did for a bit but soon caved in and got up later. :laugh: Probably cos we do late nights so she couldn't keep it up. I miss listening to her repertoire in the morning. All sorts of different noises before she started woofing. :wub:

Have been to B & Q and got loads of pretty and colourful plants to put out the side bit near the drive way and some more gravel. Will finish weeding it all today and then put the gravel down. I'm off on Friday so hope it stays fine enough for me to put it all in.

Keep thinking of Tess and hope she gets through this. :GroupHug: The vets want shooting if they haven't been doing everything in their power to get food and water down her.

Laura so pleased you enjoyed the show and well done to the lovely girl. Give her a kiss from me. :wub:

Abby - I read a lot. Try and stay off the computer as much as possible because I blame the laptop for some of the problems I've been left with.

Edited by Jacobean

after lewis getting us up at 5.30, im a tad shattered, that was before I went and did the bootsale. I hardly made anything but got rid of the bigger things, so it all went back into boxes and a bag. we might do another one in a couple of weeks. it all adds up :biggrin:

is it bed time?