UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry too much, it's just doctor speak for "your guess is as good as mine" which they can't say, on account that it would leave them looking like a complete plank, I've been searched inside and out for various abnormalities over the years, but I really am abnormal

:D Thankies :D Was getting quite stressed about it earlier but if they have a clue, well, no news is good news :cool:

I did think I was losing it walking back from the staion, I had my iPod on but kept hearing talking in the background, looking around and no one there, it was my sat nav in my rucksack which had turned back on again. Getting subliminal 'Perform a U turn where possible' messages is very strange :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RMF - just had second dosage of newfangled inhaler doodadwotsit. It tastes ming and scared the hell out of me as when I puff too hard it whistles :wacko:

Sarah i use accuinhalers for asthma its a lot easier and is all sorted, i hated the puff ones :biggrin:

Think this is going to be one of those years, might go into hibernation, sisterinlaws dads funeral yesterday and it was a nice funeral, the learnt another close family friend passed away and now one of our Aunties has just gone into a coma and we are waiting her passing away.. :mecry:

However on the good news side, it looks like Fezzi our rabbit is a lot better and we not heard him sneeze and hes been eating loads, was rather worried about him..

Dogs had barky heads on today.. but all are fast asleep..

Have a lovely birthday Helly x

Smoke alarms can be bought if they are battery ones, or ring your firebrigade and get some hunky monkeys to come and fit you one for free, our service does that :ohmy: but we have those are are wired up to the electrics..

oooo had a really lazy day and now having a bone idle night, so night night everyone xx :GroupHug:

Morning tired.gif

Sending Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif to those in redundancy situations - having been through the uncertainty last year and likely to go through it again this year, I know how unsettling and stress inducing it is Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

have you got any anti histamenes (sp?) piriton etc in Alex? Failing that, i find melting ice on any bites, or rashes is very soothing and reduces the itch for a while. Not a cure but at least a bit of releif for a while.

Im all done with paperwork, Ive packed, unpacked and re packed laugh.gif Any posts for the next 2 weeks will be made from beside a large pool in a sunny climate biggrin.gif

I can't take antihistamines because they make me sleepy, even the non drowsy ones rolleyes.gif

Have a lovely holiday. Not sure where you are flying from but be forewarned if you are flying from Manchester you may be asked to have a body scan - if you refuse you won't be allowed to board your flight flowers.gif

sudocrem on the rash. The sudocrem can also double up as a suggestion for Missy's flaky back flowers.gif

Funnily enough, upon raiding the medicine cupboard where mine and the dogs' medicine is kept, I found some Sudocrem so shoved it on. It was choice of that or Dr Bob Grass's skincure for dogs laugh.gif I shouldn't laugh cos that will be my next stop if the Sudocrem doesn't work.

I woke up at 1am and checked the results (I had been having a nightmare about my results which woke me up). I have passed, but only just. I am not going to celebrate but just heave a sigh of relief. The exams don't seem that much harder at this level than the previous one, but they are obviously being a lot more stringent with the marking. At level 4 I got credits and a distinction, the two results I've had at level 5 so far have both been a scrape through. I am going to have to study a lot harder than I have done previously (and I have an exam on 5 weeks or so which I am doing self study, so am going to have to start hammering the books). Gawd help me when I get to level 6!

Edited by merledogs

Well I'm going to congratulate you Alex, I admire you for doing homestudy for exams, I know that I haven't got the self discipline to do anything like that. Well done you :flowers:

Early birthday wishes Di and have a good relax.

8.15 meeting at work :wacko: so I'm off to catch the train. Have a good day everyone :)

Di - have a good trip and enjoy your birthday :flowers:

Molly :wub: - lovely to see her stretching (all 4) of her legs :)

:GroupHug: Mrs. B and Suzeanna and OH - it's horrid isn't it.  I don't understand why it has to drag on so long - I think the waiting and worrying is the hardest part in a way - once you know you can make plans either way.

:GroupHug: Caffreysmum

Congrats Alex - well done :flowers: 

Logan is still limping on his poorly leg, so no agility for him tonight :(  Morse will get to come along instead - which he'll love :)  Fingers crossed he doesn't get spooked by anything (Logan's club train indoors, which Morse finds a bit scary, but seems to be able to cope with the odd week here and there).

What a relief, Alex, and congratulations.

I think Sudocrem may not be good for dogs if they lick it :unsure: does anyone know about this?

Get well soon, Logan :GroupHug:

I dunno but the vet hospital told me to use it on some sore patches on Nog's toes and I've used it for scrapes and scratches in the past without problems.

Very annoyed to have just discovered that the blood tests carried out when Daisy visited cardiologist have shown she has a very low T4 thyroid reading,referral vet notified my vet but not me.My vet assumed treatment had been started but it was chance that I spoke to cardiologist last night as not happy with her heart meds at all and he mentioned it to me.Have stopped her heart meds as she was collapsing several times a day and she'll start thyroid meds today,just hope this helps her as she's not the happy little dog she was right now :( Thankfully vet will take back the heart meds I just paid £53.00 for.

Thanks Snow and Yantan for info on Sudocrem :flowers:

:GroupHug: to Daisy, hope she picks up soon on thyroid medication. It usually has a very fast action. Not good that something so vital and easily treatable as that got overlooked. No one is happy with an underactive thyroid. It makes people and animals feel very low and miserable.

*rant overload*

tesco direct was delivering my shopping last night, but was rung to ask if I could pick it up, the vans broke down. No i cant, thats why I wanted it delivered! can they deliver it today? no because people have already booked for today. they have refunded the money, no compensation, no free deliveries to make up for it,so ill be on the phone later ....

so ive just gone and got a few bits, nearly killed myself, but there wasnt any food in, so didnt have a choice.

Mothers phone isnt working properly, she has been ringing BT but they are too busy to do anything about it. this is a lady who has missed calls from the hospital for tests because of it. ill be ringing them later ...

I wondered why my superkettle hadnt boiled, put my hand out, and hot water shot onto my hands, steam everywhere, the units are drenched, so need a new superkettle.

and ive got dire rear

think thats it

:mecry: