UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Jazzy one.

Now, I know I said I wasn't going to mention it but .....

Bloomin' redundancies! The first breakdown of figures came out today - 8 from our overall area (we think that's out of 40, we're not sure!) - and they've specifically mentioned our section - which has a whole 2.5 people in it. Next, more detailed breakdown is Monday.

I've been around that company including temping for 21 years, and I have been through more redundancy times than I can remember - but never ever ever have I been in such a complete and utter sense of despair and demotivation - even the Managers who are normally keeping to the company line are saying what they think this time round.

And this is going to carry on until the end of April when "the" people get "the" letters. And then we are going through it all again in 2011.

There are too many people (and will have to admit to including myself here) not sleeping properly, not eating properly, struggling to concentrate and motivate themselves at work.

And, ultimate joy, our MD is doing briefing sessions for the whole company tomorrow. I seriously don't envy him - think he's in for a very rough ride. I've opted for session number 4 in the hope and expectation that by that time he'll have had so many comments and questions chucked at him that he'll automatically include all that information without being asked for it.

And I've sent in a "well worded" question myself!

There's a lot of angry folks around Lincoln at the moment. Watch out for the news headlines tomorrow night!

have you got any anti histamenes (sp?) piriton etc in Alex? Failing that, i find melting ice on any bites, or rashes is very soothing and reduces the itch for a while. Not a cure but at least a bit of releif for a while.

Im all done with paperwork, Ive packed, unpacked and re packed :laugh: Any posts for the next 2 weeks will be made from beside a large pool in a sunny climate :biggrin:

Mrs B. I know just how you feel! My OH is in a process at work (TUPE) which means he will be moved to another company but...the other company has already said there is no job for him, he will be with them a month twiddling his thumbs and then be made redundant. His only hope is that a vacancy comes up at his present company, he can apply and hopefully get it. His eczema has flared up, he's got dreadful acid indigestion and he's not sleeping well. It's a ruddy nightmare! We've got until March 31st. I hope it turns out better for you than you are dreading. :flowers:

Aww Mollydog :wub: - however my first thought was 'You wussbag Az in your big coat with Molls going nekkid' :laugh:

Alex-I was going to say something but I can't think what, I've had such a long day today :wacko: so............things about well done on the assesment, good luck with exams and sudocrem on the rash. The sudocrem can also double up as a suggestion for Missy's flaky back :flowers:

My day started with an early to work on the train, trip to Retford in the hire car (plenty of big spaces at destination - woo hoo),fantastic lunch with a Retired Employees Association - if I was 20 years older I would have pulled :laugh: and brilliant burlesque class tonight :)

I did think I was losing it walking back from the staion, I had my iPod on but kept hearing talking in the background, looking around and no one there, it was my sat nav in my rucksack which had turned back on again. Getting subliminal 'Perform a U turn where possible' messages is very strange :laugh:

Happy hols Di - just remember your ticket may self destruct in 60 seconds :laugh: :laugh:

Do people get smoke detectors fixed or just buy new ones? I have one that is mains & battery operated and randomly goes off :wacko: If I need to get it fixed, where?? :wacko:

Per Google, Assuming you have checked the battery is okay, try hoovering the inside in case dust is causing it.

I f it is broke, I think you just have to buy a new one.