UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Wendy the A4 at Chilvester Hill is closed both ways at Calne according to the travel website.

Hmmm... thats worrying! BBC saying "A4 Wiltshire - Chilvester Hill closed both ways due to ice and burst water main at Calne , in Calne. Diversion in operation - via a3102 to Sandy Lane and then the A342 to Chippenham" so in theory, that could mean it's the other side of the hill from the Studley crossroads.....

Was going to wait until 9am before trying to get in so will do that & phone work and see if anyone has gone that way :unsure: Or go the long way, via Mile Elm

Right, I've had enough! Bloody hate bloody snow and bloody cold and bloody ice etc. Anyone want to join me in having mass "go away snow" thoughts?

Anyone else wonder why the telly news is "it's very cold and there's a lot of snow". Do they think we haven't noticed?

Rant, rant, moan, mutter, mumble.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad2:

Morning - today is my first day back at work since before Christmas  :dry:  Luckily I work from home, so don't have to drive anywhere.  So far this morning two cars have had to be dug out of the snow in our cul de sac.  Both have returned to their driveways, rather than trying to venture any further.  We live at the end of a very long dead-end road, that has a hill at the other end, which makes getting out to the more travelled routes very difficult.

The neighbours have built a giant snowman in their front garden - its up to about the level of the second story windows - will try to get a picture later. 

morning bloody freezin innit

dogs are much less happy now the snows crunchy instead of fluffy except pumpkin who thinks fast cornering on the field and flinging snow all over rudy is great fun. the others are all picking up their feet really high as if they have stood in something unmentionable :laugh:

Rob is currently trying to dig our car out he wants to try and make a run to the vet to get Nog's dressing changed as they are forecasting more snow this afternoon wacko.gif it doesn't look like I'll be going with him as a) I haven't spent 2 winters in the Falklands so clearly am not as well equipped to deal with snow as him b) apparently it's a very special type of job called "mans work" and c) he wants me to stay here to coordinate/organise any rescue efforts should they be needed wacko.gif - can't say I am in the least bit bothered at staying home - but don't tell him that tongue.gif laugh.gif

Right, I've had enough! Bloody hate bloody snow and bloody cold and bloody ice etc. Anyone want to join me in having mass "go away snow" thoughts?

Anyone else wonder why the telly news is "it's very cold and there's a lot of snow". Do they think we haven't noticed?

Rant, rant, moan, mutter, mumble.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad2:

YES !!!!!

I'm sick to the back teeth of bloody snow, most of our walks are either cut off or to treacherous to use, my hens hate it, Daisy hates it, I haven't seen any grass since Christmas, and the news !....well, you'd think it only matters if snow falls in England, we've had this snow for ages and not a dickie on the news, one bloody flake falls in England and it's a bloody disaster with special reports mad.gif bloody media mad.gif

I had a dream about Cesar Milan last night ohmy.gif he was coming to see my dogs, he arrived with a female assistant who did my dishes, I was living in a flat and when I looked out the window there were wild turkey's running about on the road and a bus nearly hit one, then he alpha rolled Daisy, and then he started crying because his wife had left him....now what the hell was that all about !!!

there are 200 men banging drums and letting off fire crackers ( I hope its fire crackers and not fire arms ! ) outside our building in support of General Fonseka the upcoming presdential election ohmy.gifpolitics are not boring here at all !

hope you are all well and safe with the adverse weather

Sam x

Came downstairs to a very cold room this morning,guess who forgot to turn on the new oil filled radiator she'd expressly made a trip to Tesco for :rolleyes: Immediately checked the water and thankfully it's OK.No problem walking to work yesterday,bit more scary walking home in the dark as I stupidly forgot a torch and it's a country lane but with some lighting,then walking the Ds afterwards my feet came out from under me and I landed flat on my back,no damage done as it was literally flat.Will walk to work again today as I doubt I'd get the car out of the car park let alone the Close and up the hill at the end of lane.

Morning

Am frozen. Have just got back home after getting stuck. Got part way to work this time. :rolleyes: I can't even attempt to walk to work even if I did feel energetic for the 7 miles + trip as most has no pavements and no lights. Country lanes and a toll bridge. Not good as there is tons to do at work. Hope my boss is still understanding.

Celeste is must be miserable for you :GroupHug:

Stunning pic of Wispa :wub: