UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Goegeous Milly :wub:

:GroupHug: Alex :GroupHug:

Do we have any Fugees who can tell me what the roads are like in the East Yorkshire area at the minute? I have to drive from Newcastle down to Hull tomorrow morning to pick my mum up and bring her here for a few weeks. I am *slightly* wibbly about the weather forecast as it looks like it will be worst on the East coast. I wish I had my trusty four-wheel drive, I'm not sure a Ford Focus estate will be up to the job.

Owl and Cycas, please get out more :ohmy: :laugh: btw by 3000 the world will be dominated by the descendents of Gertie Skwirrel

We would love to get out more, but at present it's a bit difficult :rolleyes: Just wait and see what rubbish we start producing if this cold spell continues for the rest of the month.

Daisy & Georgia are at home tomorrow, don't know about the others yet. On Daisys schools website it tells each class what work they should be doing at home. Daisys says she's to do English. I suggested we watch all of the BBC production of Pride & Prejudice (the one with gorgeous Colin Firth!!!!!!!) followed by Baz Luhrmanns Romeo & Juliet :biggrin: She mentioned poetry so I think we should read all of my Philip Larkin books :biggrin:

Daisy & Georgia are at home tomorrow, don't know about the others yet. On Daisys schools website it tells each class what work they should be doing at home. Daisys says she's to do English. I suggested we watch all of the BBC production of Pride & Prejudice (the one with gorgeous Colin Firth!!!!!!!) followed by Baz Luhrmanns Romeo & Juliet :biggrin: She mentioned poetry so I think we should read all of my Philip Larkin books :biggrin:

Are you going to get her to learn the one about what your Mum and Dad do to you? She could go back to school and recite it to the class. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That sounds like a good day Mrs Bejo, can I join you :rolleyes: We were having one of those odd conversations at work the other day and asked to choose between the written word or visual stuff ( ie books vs tv). I was the only person who spends more time reading than watching tv and given the choice would read... but I'm not averse to a bit of Colin Firth :laugh: It does worry me though when teachers can't even spell every day words. How on earth are the next generation going to develop - speak in text language, use spell check, who the hell wants to read anyway :(

I'm taking my lemsip to bed now NN :flowers:

Good night Tikks, hope you get some relief from the snot :flowers:

I have just looked outside and seen my neighbour carefully tramping ice into the driving track me and some other neighbours dug earlier so we can all get out of the street :wacko:

If I can't get out in the morning I will be giving them a knock.

Alex :GroupHug:

Hope you feel a lot better tomorrow Marian :GroupHug:

Have a safe journey Jules and hope your mum is ok

I'm deffo going to work tomorrow as if I can't get to Lymm they're setting me up in their other office 3 miles away. So if ze car doesn't work I can walk there.