UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Hope you are all OK

I've done sleep, work and look after the animals for the past couple of days and nothing else, I've surfaced to get some food. My nose is all flappy and bleeding from too much blowing and snottiness.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I think its a song thrush. I have one mooching about outside my front door and it seems a bit lethargic. Ive been putting food and suet out for all the birds, but this one has seemed lethargic. I got worried about it not being able to fly or fend properly, so ive made a den out of a bucket where it tends to run for cover, put some hay and shredded paper in and hopefully given it warm shelter for the night.

Awww you are very good :flowers:

Really fed up of the snow now :angry:

I set off from Newcastle early on Friday morning to pick my mum up from near Hull, and have only been back a couple of hours :rolleyes: Had a horrendous drive down, with snow and black ice and no working windscreen washers, to find it snowing like mad at mums. As it was getting dark I didn't dare risk the drive back so we found a local pub with rooms and holed up there last night. Involved much buying of emergency pyjamas and ringing of mext door neighbour, dog walker and OH (who works in london through the week, and hadn't taken his house keys :rolleyes: ) to set up arrangements for dogs and hens, plus a visit from the lovely AA man this morning to get the car going. Nearly got a tow home but had to settle for driving us back in blizzards and ice but with working windscreen washers at least.

My nerves are in shreds. I have never been so glad to see my own bed and toilet seat.

I hope everyone is OK. Since the board was upgraded I only get one chance at reading new content, and can't read back once I've opened a thread so I have no idea what's going on with everyone :GroupHug:

Egg and chips - NO SAUCE at all please! Just salt and a little vinegar on the chips and black pepper and salt on the egg. Eat with a slice of bread and butter. Any left over chips are either in a chip sarnie or dipped in Hellmans.

No sauce !, are you posh ?unsure.giflaugh.gif

Chips n gravy, yum yum. Also chips and curry sauce - chippy at the top of the road does a mean chips n curry sauce biggrin.gif

Chips and curry sauce, now were singing from the same hymn sheet, the Chinese take-away in Falkland does a fab chips and curry sauce.

Hope you are all OK

I've done sleep, work and look after the animals for the past couple of days and nothing else, I've surfaced to get some food. My nose is all flappy and bleeding from too much blowing and snottiness.

Ouch ! sounds very sore and raw Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Really fed up of the snow now :angry:

I set off from Newcastle early on Friday morning to pick my mum up from near Hull, and have only been back a couple of hours :rolleyes: Had a horrendous drive down, with snow and black ice and no working windscreen washers, to find it snowing like mad at mums. As it was getting dark I didn't dare risk the drive back so we found a local pub with rooms and holed up there last night. Involved much buying of emergency pyjamas and ringing of mext door neighbour, dog walker and OH (who works in london through the week, and hadn't taken his house keys :rolleyes: ) to set up arrangements for dogs and hens, plus a visit from the lovely AA man this morning to get the car going. Nearly got a tow home but had to settle for driving us back in blizzards and ice but with working windscreen washers at least.

My nerves are in shreds. I have never been so glad to see my own bed and toilet seat.

I hope everyone is OK. Since the board was upgraded I only get one chance at reading new content, and can't read back once I've opened a thread so I have no idea what's going on with everyone :GroupHug:

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif That would be one of my worst nightmares, glad you got home eventually.

I am nominating myself for thicko numpty of the month, I have a plaster plaque in the shower room that I bought about 6 years ago at the Highland Show, I have only just this very evening, worked out that what I thought was a jumble of letters, possibly in a foreign language, is in fact written backwards laugh.gif..It says, Only the curious find life a mystery, took me six bloody years to figure that out, I'd be s*** as a code cracker rolleyes.gif

Totally selfish post :rolleyes: My nephew from my ex marriage has added me as a friend on facebook, he was my most favrouite nephew and I have had no contact with him for over 20 years !!!!!!!!! bear in miind he's actually only 8 years younger than me :rolleyes: he looks so different from the young boy at my wedding with jet black hair and now its grey :unsure: I feel a mothering moment coming on :laugh: :laugh:

I hope everyone is OK. Since the board was upgraded I only get one chance at reading new content, and can't read back once I've opened a thread so I have no idea what's going on with everyone Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

If you are using IE7 or IE8 try running it in "compatability mode" and see if that helps - I have had to set a couple of forums I use to run that way and it works great flowers.gif

EFD was found a couple of months ago by a lad who rescued her from heavy traffic on a roundabout near Llanelli Bus Station. He did all the right things, took her to vet for scan and checkup, put posters up but failed to find her people. He would have kept her but landlord says she has to go. No room at local rescues so I am providing emergency billet. She will be moving on shortly to rescue and will not be in a kennel but in rescuer's home. Vet thought she is around 16. She is deaf, arthritic and very confused, possibly has dementia. Polly likes her but Wispa doesn't and might bowl her over by accident even if she did like her. So little dog is sharing spare bedroom with the Syrian foster hamsters, who are up on a table so not bothered about a jrt x yorkie scuttling about. She is, thankfully, a very quiet dog.

Aaaaw, I do hope she finds a forever foster very soon so she can settle :wub:

CT, :GroupHug: I have found lipsil is fab on sore chapped noses too. :flowers:

Chips n curry sauce....... yummy! :biggrin:

Julia, I hope you have made room on the sofa now! :laugh:

:laugh: @ Celeste. You dont do a lot of reading in the bathroom then!

We have been to see Avatar in 3D this evening. I have to say its the best film I have ever seen! Total stunning, spectacular... I am not really a film person and I want to go see it again. :biggrin:

Morning :tired:

Is nummy, specially if you have the proper mango chutney with big chunks in it tongue.gif

Noooo, mango chutney is only nice when you pick the horrible lumps out :sick01:

And egg yolk must be mixed with tommy sauce and then have chips dipped in.

Tiks - hope your poorliness wears off soon mate, you must be sick to the back teeth of it now Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Jules - really pleased you are back in one piece, that sounds horrendous Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I am nominating myself for thicko numpty of the month, I have a plaster plaque in the shower room that I bought about 6 years ago at the Highland Show, I have only just this very evening, worked out that what I thought was a jumble of letters, possibly in a foreign language, is in fact written backwards laugh.gif..It says, Only the curious find life a mystery, took me six bloody years to figure that out, I'd be s*** as a code cracker rolleyes.gif

:biglaugh:

Not as cold here this morning. Snow forecast for later. Can't wait for the thaw now, bored of snow rolleyes.gif

Priddy birdie, what is it?

I think it is a thrush :flowers:

Hope you are all OK

:GroupHug: CT, You must be getting really run down now.

No sauce !, are you posh ?

:laugh:

Not as cold here this morning. Snow forecast for later. Can't wait for the thaw now, bored of snow

Now I've been out and had some fun in it, I would like it to disappear too :unsure:

Snowy Scoobs :wub: :wub:

:GroupHug: for Emergency foster dog

Hope your little bird will be ok Di :flowers:

BIG :GroupHug: JulesB, what a nightmare! Glad you're back home now.

Tis quite dak outside and the sky looks heavy, perhaps more snow on the way. Nothing major planned for today, just the usual household chores. It's good to be at home though. :)