UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

morning.

brown sauce is the only way to go with egg and chips. tomato sauce is just wrong with it :laugh: Brown also goes very well with curry and chips from the chippy

Thankfully, all boilers are running as they should so all boarding dogs and cats are toasty warm. My house is set to tropical so I can defrost every time i get back to my office. More bloody snow forecast later today/tonight. Ive had enough now :angry:

Well done Mia cat :biggrin:

Hope all poorly boilers get sorted soon. There is a somewhat ancient boiler here which has done well so far. I'm probably better off with it than with something newer, not that the landlord would get one.

I might be very rude to the next person who posts anywhere on the net saying how great it was in the winter of 63 because nothing got cancelled, everyone carried on as usual, and no one complained because everyone was so utterly perfect back then. If only people who believe all this could be transported back to the winter of 63! They would be in for a few surprises.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to Jemima and Jules.

red sauce with egg and chips but brown (and yes it does have to be daddies :laugh: ) on bacon sarnies.

mums new condensing boiler thingy did the same she rang engineer who said pour hot water on end of pipe which goes outside, she did and hit the reset button and it now works

Morning. Had to abandon the car for a second time this week to get home. The road into the village was snowed over again. Not hot policemen this time :rolleyes:

I'm researching behaviourists in the area *sigh*

I was supposed to be going to Germany next week to see American guy but also with my college course but the flights have been cancelled due to the snow. He's off to Afgan in a few weeks so prob won't see him till the summer now.

I start flyball tomorrow with the Tyne Tailwaggers :biggrin:

I'm also going to see the local hockey team play. Does it make me a loser that I'm going on my own? (cos I dont know anyone up here! :mecry: )

Chips and veggie sausages and baked beans....hmmm yum yum yum...red sauce, though I like brown sauce too I didn't realise that it had to be Daddies sauce. Will try that as I find the HP version not great :flowers:

Tis sunny and bright today with lots of white snow still around - none of the yellow Merley type snow :-)

I had a load of casserole veg cheap from Tesco in the week, which hadn't been used, so I have just bunged the whole lot in a saucepan to make veggy soup - I am planning on using my zzzzjjjjzzzrrr thingy to blend it all in when the veggies are soft enough - last time I used the zzzzjjjjjjjjjzzzrrrrr thingy I had more on me the walls and ceiling than I did in the pan laugh.gif

Feeling completely stressed out about Monday and panicing as yet again we can't get the car started. Was supposed to be attending a work meeting this morning and once again I've had to say I can't get there. Am now trying to hire a car but looks like they're shut for the weekend as I can't get any joy there at the moment.

Jules :GroupHug:

Went past the greyhounds and they have coats on today

Michelle there is a car hire place on Knutsford Road. Remember where I used to live? If you came from there onto the A50 as if you were going to town, you have the pub on your left hand side and its directly opposite there. Avis or Budget?? cant remember the name?

Is it down there? My two front steps have disappeared!

We have heating :bigsmiley:

Helly, it was the condenser outlet, to solve any future problems OH is now re-routing the pipework to an inside waste pipe.

It has to be Daddies brown sauce with egg & chips, much as I love tomato ketchup, it doesn't quite have the right flavour for egg & chips.

Feeling completely stressed out about Monday and panicing as yet again we can't get the car started. Was supposed to be attending a work meeting this morning and once again I've had to say I can't get there. Am now trying to hire a car but looks like they're shut for the weekend as I can't get any joy there at the moment.

Hope you can get car started Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Back from a very snowy walk - lots of virgin deep snow about on our usual fields. Have taken some pics so will post them once sorted.

Came back to find Garfy cat being attacked by a nasty grey cat. It just dug its teeth and claws in and wouldn't let go angry.gif It finally let go when I let the shoved my boot in between them.

Spoke too soon about Mia, she had to be let out again several times after my earlier post.

Jules Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Guess what? More flipping snow!angry.gif

Roads were a lot better this morning. Didn't see another soul on the roads until 07.30. biggrin.gif

for Garfy, hope he wasn't hurt. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Mia, hope that she soon feels better.

Hope that you soon get the car working Michelle.flowers.gif

bigsmiley.gif for those whose heating is now working and Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for those whose heating is not working.