UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

I have done my studying for today (thought I'd get an early start). Shortly off to take the mutts out, then I am going to Dunelm to get a thicker blanket cos the thin fleece one I usually put on top of my duvet (to keep dog paws/hair off) is a bit lightweight for this weather, both in terms of keeping me warm and in terms of staying in one place cos the dogs paws move it around.

Then I need to do some cleaning/washing and other domestic type godess stuff rolleyes.gif

Yes, Sam, you could say we are hacked off with it. Especially as far Helly and JulesB are concerned. So glad Jules is safely home.

It seems a tad less freezing here but the sky is full of snow. Methinks our EFD is going to be here for the duration :rolleyes: Good thing Polly's senior kibble was on special offer, 3 bags for price of 2, so have stacks of it. EFD is fine with it as long as it is well soaked. Don't think her teefs are very good.

Edited by owl

I seem to be thawing ............. Let's put it this way, there was snow on the cars when I went to bed last night, and this morning there's not a trace - and much less on the path too.

Mind you, we didn't have much in the first place.

Am off to tackle ironing before it avalanches!

Thinking of treating myself and making some soda bread this afternoon.

And a nice big warm casserole for tonight's dinner me-thinks.

And some treats for Tigger and Daisy. :wub:

Yes, Sam, you could say we are hacked off with it. Especially as far Helly and JulesB are concerned. So glad Jules is safely home.

Mark has sent me photos of outside our house, it looks like the north pole

keep safe everyone :wavey: and I will get back online in a bit and try and catch up a bit

Morning all :)

:GroupHug: for people who is snotty/poorly/cold/wants a hug anyway :)

I appear to have a Prince Scooby starving to death - I just had some rice cakes with spicy Granovita paste (bit like Tartex) and he ran through his entire trick reportoire, then jumped on the side of the chair, sighed, and rested his head on top of my head while dribbling slightly :wacko: Too good to share though so now he's sulking with a toy. :rolleyes:

Was a good girl today and started the car up and let it run for 20 minutes - I haven't been able to drive anywhere due to either being snowed in/having OH's Dads' car stuck on the drive/being icy and not being able to go out anyway but apparently today there is no ice in town, so I may be able to go in for supplies of the tofu kind :D I may even walk :biggrin: I luffs my car - it started first time whereas the Peaugot has had several days where it wont start at all :wub:

I have been out and braved the drive to the wholesalers and got us enough food to hopefully get us through the next week of freezing temps and dodgy roads. Staff are currently slippy sliding up the lanes with kennel dogs trying to get them out in the fresh air, though some look like they would prefer to stay in and be warm :laugh:

Peas with egg and chips? Very wrong. Has to be beans or tomoatoes. I shouldn't eat beans so we often have tomatoes.

Am now wondering if there is an e in tomatoes.

Yep, there is. :)

Peas with egg and chips, definitely very very very wrong.

I am thinking we will have no snow left before the afternoon is out!