UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

You never know what the day may bring. In my case an emergency foster dog :ohmy: now residing in spare bedroom :rolleyes:

Can we have emergency foster dog story? :biggrin:

Thanks for the link Celeste. :flowers:

Marge, fabulous photo. Well caught :flowers:

Michelle, Scooby doesnt look overly impressed by the snow! :biggrin:

next thing you'll be saying chips and mayo are nice

Chips and mayo are very nice!!

I like chips n mayo and also chips with mayo & tomato sauce mixed together tongue.gif

Me too, a delicacy I picked up during my many years in Germany!!

I love chips covered in chicken gravy!!!

Can we have emergency foster dog story? :biggrin:

EFD was found a couple of months ago by a lad who rescued her from heavy traffic on a roundabout near Llanelli Bus Station. He did all the right things, took her to vet for scan and checkup, put posters up but failed to find her people. He would have kept her but landlord says she has to go. No room at local rescues so I am providing emergency billet. She will be moving on shortly to rescue and will not be in a kennel but in rescuer's home. Vet thought she is around 16. She is deaf, arthritic and very confused, possibly has dementia. Polly likes her but Wispa doesn't and might bowl her over by accident even if she did like her. So little dog is sharing spare bedroom with the Syrian foster hamsters, who are up on a table so not bothered about a jrt x yorkie scuttling about. She is, thankfully, a very quiet dog.

She will be able to stay in a rescuer's home for the time being, but I've just seen the latest snow forecast and it looks as if it may be a few days before I can get her there. However, she does need a permanent foster place as she is "special needs". Besides being deaf, she scuttles around non-stop in rather a world of her own. Possibly gone a bit senile :unsure: She has arthritis, you can hear her hip clicking and I'm told she sometimes falls over but is OK in a minute or two. Does a fair speed around the garden, and manages stairs OK.

Sarah B....chips in Mango Chutney wacko.gif, you can just go and sit with all the other freaks of nature smug-1.gif....next thing you'll be saying chips and mayo are nice barf.gif

:D

Is nummy, specially if you have the proper mango chutney with big chunks in it :D

SarahB can you not go out with OH's dad to walk the dogs? :unsure:

Its too icy - I have to use a stick to walk so add ice into the equasion and its not pretty! Fell over outside the back door the other day - I couldn't get up so was flailing about like a drunken octopus on the floor til OH came and rescued me :blush02:

Random picture from today's walk.

P1020226-1.jpg

:wub:

Random picture from today's walk.

P1020226-1.jpg

I think its a song thrush. I have one mooching about outside my front door and it seems a bit lethargic. Ive been putting food and suet out for all the birds, but this one has seemed lethargic. I got worried about it not being able to fly or fend properly, so ive made a den out of a bucket where it tends to run for cover, put some hay and shredded paper in and hopefully given it warm shelter for the night.