UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Def not peas has to be beans but they mustn't touch the chips.

Slinks away to hide in the weirdo corner. :wacko:

I will join you in that corner. Beans mustn't touch anything. I never used to eat mash so mum used to always leave my potatoes whole.........I would then mash them with my fork :rolleyes:

What do you do with a child who is avoiding what he excels at because his peers crowd around him saying how good he is? :(

Beautiful wren :wub: Pumpkinmonstercat killed a beautiful yellow crested wren last week :mecry: She was so delicate but I didn't get her off him quickly enough.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to those who need them

What do you do with a child who is avoiding what he excels at because his peers crowd around him saying how good he is? :(

Is it because he doesn't like the attention?

Maybe he would prefer to do it alone/at home or at a private class?

Is it art/drawing? Do you think he would appreciate going to an evening art class where he would get more constructive feedback rather than "you're great". (sorry I can't remember how old Ceri is, so that may be very inappropriate).

I guess you need to find out what it is he doesn't like about the crowding and either find a perspective that he can understand and deal with, or find a way around it where it won't happen?

Is it because he doesn't like the attention?

Maybe he would prefer to do it alone/at home or at a private class?

Is it art/drawing? Do you think he would appreciate going to an evening art class where he would get more constructive feedback rather than "you're great". (sorry I can't remember how old Ceri is, so that may be very inappropriate).

I guess you need to find out what it is he doesn't like about the crowding and either find a perspective that he can understand and deal with, or find a way around it where it won't happen?

It is the attention he doesn't like (he's 12) and yes it is art (he's far better than I was at his age and has been told that he's above gifted and talented). He draws constantly at home and has done since he could hold a pencil. His school encourages a creative approach to all subjects and he's doing well all round but recently his English book went missing - he handed it in but teacher swears he didn't and marked him down in a recent assessment. He's done a fab drawing (teacher said they could) to go with a written English assignment (character description which is also fab)which I think could help towards showing his teacher that he isn't avoiding work but he's refusing to add it because he doesn't want there to be a chance that she would show it to the class. I'm just worried that this will carry through to other work but I'm respecting his decision so hopefully it'll work itself out.

You couldn't possibly be rmfless Wendy.

Sounds like Ceri doesn't want to be singled out in anyway and be treated differently to his friends/class mates. Could you have a word with the teacher and ask him/her if they will have a word and not show pieces out to the class. I can imagine whether your work is good or not having it shown to the whole class would make you cringe and feel embarrassed so he's shying away from the attention. Which you probably already realise.

I'm reading another doggy book and it's fascinating.

Edited by Jacobean

morning.

brown sauce is the only way to go with egg and chips. tomato sauce is just wrong with it :laugh: Brown also goes very well with curry and chips from the chippy

Peasant.... :rolleyes:

Chips n gravy, yum yum. Also chips and curry sauce - chippy at the top of the road does a mean chips n curry sauce biggrin.gif

You too... :rolleyes:

Try asking for chips n gravy down south, you'll be tarred, feathered

and run out of town sharpish...

and it's tomato ketchup, not red sauce - ok :ohmy: :laugh:

Owl, I have just worked out what EFD stands for. :blush02:

:biggrin: I am calling her Vicky. The people who found her called her Clicky because she clicks when she walks due to wonky hip. I didn't care for that, and anyway she isn't clicking today. Not that it matters what you call her because she can't hear you.

Julia has made me laugh :laugh: That lady wouldn't have liked the sermons in the Welsh chapels in the old days. They lasted a couple of hours.

Sounds like Ceri doesn't want to be singled out in anyway and be treated differently to his friends/class mates. Could you have a word with the teacher and ask him/her if they will have a word and not show pieces out to the class. I can imagine whether your work is good or not having it shown to the whole class would make you cringe and feel embarrassed so he's shying away from the attention. Which you probably already realise.

You're right and that's what I'd like to do but woe betide me if I contact his teachers :rolleyes:

I don't know what EFD stands for :wacko:

I think its emergency foster dog :unsure:

Yes, that's the one. Very ancient, deaf and rather confused but very sweet crossbred terrier girl :wub: Currently sharing the small furries room with hamsters and giant snails. Too old and frail to be in kennels.