UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

If people are walking on icy pavements or roads please be careful I have just read of a man who slipped on the ice, hit his head on a wall and died.

Same thing happened to my dad's friend in Wales last week :( His funeral was yesterday.

I only have yorkshire puddings in my freezer and a chocolate gateaux, not much use if we get snowed in really :rolleyes: :laugh: Got plenty of pet food though :rolleyes: :biggrin:

:laugh: Michelle @chill factory, no one needs it now anyway!!

My friend has gone on holiday and has given me her Gavin and Stacey dvds to look after, I have never watched it before and have been laughing muchly at it :laugh:

Di, you are a fab boss :flowers: We are desperate to come and visit you but will wait until the weather settles down a bit :flowers:

I'm supposed to be going to Chill Factore on Saturday with work :laugh:

Greysmum don't you dare send any snow to Warrington :laugh:

I really can't see things improving here before the morning but I'll get up early and get ready just in case I can get to work.

Hope you're better soon Tiks. :GroupHug:

I have decided that I am no longer going to save the planet by going "paper free" with my bank - not when they send me emails about my overdraft at fupping midnight! As it happens it wasn't anything bad but until I went and logged into my bank I couldn't know that and there was no fupping way was I going to be able to sleep tonight not knowing what the heck it might say so thats the final straw, it's back to paper for me at least they arrive at a decent hour and give me time to do sort it ff anything needs sorting. mad.gif

Morning :tired:

I am going to have to start leaving a couple of dogs downstairs at night cos I'm not getting enough sleep. Since Milly's gone I like to have them all snuggled up with me at night though.

Hello Abby :wavey:

Tiks - sending 'go away' thoughts for lurgy Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

The snow hasn't frozen overnight, so it is still nice and fluffy. No idea whether I need to get into work today or not, or what state the roads will be in. Presume they will be clear as we haven't had any snow overnight and hopefully the gritters/snow ploughs will have been out.

I am getting a tad p*ssed off with this cough/cold bug I have had since before chrimbo. Can't seem to break out of a shuffle without having a coughing fit then my nose joins in :angry:

We had people fretting about getting home from work at 10.30 this morning before a snowflake had even arrived in Cov. I have the most travelling to do and was one of the last to leave this evening.

:GroupHug: For you and anyone else with the lingering lurgy. As for the weather, it has been snowing steadily overnight here in Coventry and it is usually a lot worse on the outskirts. I know for a fact that at least three of my work colleagues won't come in today becase the snow is worse where they live. I now have a dilemma. Do i drive in and have to man the office alone all day. I'll cancel all my visits because the side roads will be bad. OR, do i phone my boss and say I'll walk to the office up the road? I'll still have to stay all day, but at least i'll be safer :unsure: i'll wait till it's daylight and see, it will take a while to clear the car anyway. :rolleyes:

The radio has just informed us that Lauren's school is closed today. At least that means we can have an extra hour or so in the warm.

Just went to make a cup of tea and got back to bed to find both dogs and hubby sprawled over the bed, so I am perched on one square foot of bed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

more snow here overnight but only a dusting compared to yesterdays efforts :rolleyes: however hubby still cant get off the estate because we are in a dimple on the top of a big hill meaning that to get off you have to go up hill, though the main roads are apparently much improved. it doesnt help much if you cant get to them.

TBH im glad he cant go to work its only money after all, and id be worried sick if he was out driving all day in this

I'm listening to local radio bloke on there just said that where I am has had several cm's more snow than the rest of the county which doesn't surprise me at all and apparently there's going to be another 10cm's to fall yet. We've already made our decision and neither one of us are going to risk going to work some roads are closed on Rob's route due to snow and/or accidents and I'm not even going to think about trying to get down & then back up the hill where I work. We'll also have to make a decision later on what to do about Nog as he's due a dressing change today _ i'm pretty sure they'd be happy to postpone it until tomorrow however they are saying on the radio that because of the snow they are anticipating that temps will drop to around -10 here over night wacko.gif and that they think tomorrow will be more dangerous for travel than today. wacko.gif

I'm gonna ring Nick shortly and find out where he is - his boss told him yesterday that he didn't care how much snow fell he expects all postmen in work and out delivering sad.gif

I can't access my work emails for some reason. If I can't get that sorted them I will have to go into work. Am waiting for our IS dept to open at 8.30.

I also need to get some calor gas (so the dogs are telling me) and I need to get Mia to the vet as she is weeing blood sad.gif