UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

Morning :)

Quick pop in as have to meet someone regarding this blooming investigation thingy for work tHis morning.She's going to have to manage with 2 cats in boxes with me as Polly and Dyl have vet appts at 11.50 so they're coming with me :laugh:

Meeting yesterday went very well but union blokey agrees that HR have a hidden agenda :angry:

And to royally pizz them off but it's made me pee my pants laughing legal services have called me in to give evidence on tuesday in a child protection case and have said they'll summons me if neccesary as an expert witness :laugh: cat amongst pigeons time. Having said that I'm not looking forward to tuesday that much :sick01:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am feeling sorry for myself ... I came into work today knowing it would be difficult with the labrynthitis as all my documents etc are stored in 3 drawer cabinets and typically the bottom drawer of each is the stuff I need most often so lots and lots of bending over, I managed to get out some files and docs I needed for this weekends baptisms and grabbed some other files as a proactive measure, so far so good. However I have to hand write the info from the baptism sheets into the registers and then prepare a card for each child, the parents, and each godparent, plus candles for the children thats when i discovered that looking from the information sheet to the page/card and back again makes the room spin and my eyes go funny. wacko.gif It's very unpleasant and I really am struggling to get them written. So I called Rob and said if things get any worse I'm going home only to be told that if I am "that ill" then I need to see a Dr and if I go home then I need to make an appointment asap. mad.gif FFS!! this is not my first bout of labrynthitis and in the beginning I saw 2 different Dr's who both confirmed what this is, and that theres no "magic pill" to cure it - it eventually "cures" itself - the only "treatment" is teaching my brian to compensate for the jumbled balance messages it gets and thats a series of head & eye exercises again NO MAGIC PILL!

I went on NHS direct last night and admittedly the advice given has slightly changed from my last flare up but essentially remains the same - try and carry on as normal but when the dizziness gets bad go to bed or try and stay in one place and rest and thats more to do with keeping safe than anything else. The whole point is to force my brain to compensate and the only way to do that is to just keep going, allow for the dizziness so be careful with what you do & rest when it gets bad, I also take an antihistemine which seems to help lessen the severity. There is absolutely no effing point in wasting either the Dr's or my time in going to see him!!! Of course this means I can't be "that ill" so I won't be getting any sympathy or understanding because it's my own fault for not seeing a Dr. sad.gif

Wispa is much better, saw vet again this morning but doesn't have to go back unless I am worried. She's eating OK, had a short walk in the park and retired to the sofa.

Sorry Flo is having a rough time :GroupHug:

Helly, don't continue until you collapse!

Jules, glad the tide seems to be turning in your favour. Wonder what the hidden agenda is :unsure:

I know what you mean, snow. When I was younger I had bad migraines and people kept saying "I don't know why you don't see a doctor". I had already seen various doctors who all said different things. Hope the labyrinthitis settles down.

NO MAGIC PILL!

I see what you mean, but if the guy is your employer then he probably wants to make sure that there is nothing extra he should be doing to make sure all the boxes are correctly ticked and everything is covered by the relevant insurances. That would be my concern if it were someone working for me.

If I were you I'd go to the doctor and perhaps ask for something in writing about it, it won't take long, there's no harm in getting it doublechecked, and I'm sure the doctor won't consider it a waste of time when you need medical confirmation in order to get your employer to provide a bit of extra flexibility that you need at the moment.

I see what you mean, but if the guy is your employer then he probably wants to make sure that there is nothing extra he should be doing to make sure all the boxes are correctly ticked and everything is covered by the relevant insurances. That would be my concern if it were someone working for me.

If I were you I'd go to the doctor and perhaps ask for something in writing about it, it won't take long, there's no harm in getting it doublechecked, and I'm sure the doctor won't consider it a waste of time when you need medical confirmation in order to get your employer to provide a bit of extra flexibility that you need at the moment.

Rob is my husband Michelle mecry.gif my boss said go home if you need to - no fuss, no questions, just go home - it's hubby thats being the pain. And I am still in work struggling on...

:GroupHug: Snow - hope the labyrinthitis settles down soon.

Glad to hear Whispa seems to be feeling a bit better :flowers:

We are currently drowning in a sea of naturediet  :wacko:  I checked the dog food cupboard (in the garage) last week, and saw that we only had enough for another week.  I though this was strange, as it hadn't been that long since our last order (we order it in bulk).  Put in an order of 20 boxes for delivery today - more than usual, as the last lot didn't seem to last long.  This morning I went to tidy the garage a bit to make room for the new arrivals, only to discover the other half of the previous order, which I hadn't had room to unpack as I'd ordered too much, and then completelty forgotten about  :mecry: :laugh:  The dogs now have enough food to last them forever and I have no space in the garage  :rolleyes:

Snow I hope you're not driving. Can understand why you're trying to work through it to make your body sort itself out. :GroupHug:

Sorry you're no better Di. :GroupHug:

Poor Flo. Keep an eye on her incase she develops an infection in the wound and needs antibiotics. Issie used to be intolerant of feeling ill and was woe is me. I don't know if that's the breed or just her. Hope she's feeling more comfortable after her pain killers kicked in. :GroupHug:

Pleased Wispa is getting better. :flowers:

Thinking of Lynne & Todd. :GroupHug:

Snow I am sorry to hear you are unwell :flowers: I had never heard of your condition so I googled before replying and found this webiste

http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk/index.htm

There is a section for at friends and families of sufferers http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk/knowsum1.htm maybe if your husband had a look at the site he might understand how you are feeling and be able to offer you some more support

It really does sound a very unpleasant condition and I hope it clears up for you quickly :GroupHug:

P.s meant to say I also found a support form that might help as well http://community.dizzytimes.com/

I hope your fuzzy head clears itself soon Snow flowers.gif

RMF 1: I have been to Sainsburys and done my shopping. I went a day early cos I am running out of loo paper and other stuff. My freezer is now choc full, cos I have got two ducks in there (one whole one for Christmas day and a duck crown for New Year's day) and various other fings which I keep buying for Christmas.

RMF 2: I got some beautiful velvet cushions delivered today, they were a bargain from here but they are really good quality so I am going to have a cushion snuggling evening (until they get all doggified and then I will have to wash them) rolleyes.gif

Thanks Sam I'm familiar with that websire and I used to be a member of that forum probably still am lol

I've had labyrinthitis many years now if memory serves I was first diagnosed about 7 or 8 years ago at that time like you I had never heard of it before and it struck me then as it does now as a particularily stupid bloody condition to have as I wasn't "ill" - not that I could have avoided it since it was viral in my case - when it first hit me I thought I had meniere's disease which can be herditary and my mum had that in her early 40's so the timing was about right, I was frantic because it caused permenant damage to my mothers hearing. Thankfully it wasn't meniers, I'm also extremely fortunate that I appear to have compensating labrynthitis in so much as eventually following each flare up my brain compensates for the mixed up balance signals and life returns to normal my first flare up lasted 3 weeks and was horrid, it was so scarey and so bad that I frequiently fell out of bed from becoming dizzy in my sleep and more than once I managed to fall out of the armchair I was sitting in wacko.gif my second didn't happen until 12 months later and lasted 2 weeks, the next one was after a break of almost 3 years and didn't last long but was the one that upset me most as the Dr had told me if I went 3 years without a flare up I was unlikely to have any more as the condition would have burned itself out. Since then I have had one or two smaller scale flare ups none really amounting to much more than a bit of minor dizziness lasting a day or two or a week at most, and I take an antihisthemine when that happens, they haven't really incapacitated me or required me to take time off sick. I've probably had more than that but to be honest it kinda gets a bit like second nature to compensate/allow for it and carry on as usual. My balance isn't affected the vast vast vast majority of the time - in fact only a couple of weeks ago I was on Nick's wii fit doing balance exercises and I was the one who scored highest of all of us rolleyes.gif

It's not as if Rob hasn't been aware of this but I suppose that given it's been so long since I had such a dramatic flare up he kinda thought I was over it and that this one being a bad-ish one means something else must be wrong with me.

Michelle yes I did drive - I wont drive if I am unsafe in fact Rob had already booked this afternoon off for him to do the vet run as its a 4pm one and I don't like driving in the dark which has nowt to do with labrynthitis, and last week when it was booked I was perfectly fine. With driving I am fine provided I dont make sharp head moves, I use my eyes a lot more and all movements are deliberate ones rather than a quick snap of the head, in my case it's the up/down ie standing to sitting sitting to standing or bending over change of direction that hits me hardest and there's not a lot of that when driving. If I truly felt unsafe to drive I really wouldn't have hesitated in calling in sick, I've done it before and I've driven with the Dr's blessing.

I've printed out reams of stuff for Rob so hopefully he'll have a quick memory jog and will realise why I dug my heels in.