UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

Yes, and the swelling has come down with rest. But the puffy bit isn't the tender bit. Ouchy bit is much further down which is why I'm worried. Looks like a tendon/ligament problem going a fair way down the leg. Vet tomorrow morning. Rest may well be the only treatment but we do need a correct diagnosis for starters. I've tucked her up for the night with another dose of arnica and a big cuddle. Just going to check the small furries then off to sleep myself.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning

hope everything goes well at the vet today with Wispa :GroupHug:

JulesB there would have been no 'nearly' wetting myself had i found a pile of dead wasps :laugh: Good job xmas is in the winter eh :laugh:

RMF - I have a cough. It is driving me spare as I keep waking myself up in the night. Im also running one hell of a temperature which I dont mind so much while its cold out :laugh:

:wavey: morning everyone

Wonderful and very busy/long weekend, back is still a bit iffy but at least I can sit at my desk for a little while now. Finn managed a nearly 9 mile run out with us at the weekend (almost all off lead which lets him find his own pace) and was looking great - so bouncy and chirpy since we switched to home cooking :biggrin:

Az just watched the postman walk up the path, up the steps, and into the porch. He then politely waited until the postman actually rang the doorbell before barking...

It's probably too much to ask that a burgler should ring the doorbell to notify the dogs that they should bark. Not that Mollydog or Tara Banana bother anyway, the lazy bints. :laugh:

Cough and temperature Di? Not good! Take care of yourself :GroupHug:

We have seen the senior vet who is very good. He is concerned for Wispa as she now has swelling right down the leg, and it isn't either hard or squishy from fluid. It doesn't feel like a typical strain. She also has a slight temperature, was sick during the night, has lost appetite and has a very noisy gut. It could well be 2 separate things, strain plus tummy bug, but he is worried because she is very low and has lost her spark. He has never seen her before, so I'm well impressed that he can look at a dog who is acting like an average steady family dog and know that she is in fact extremely subdued and droopy. No food allowed until suppertime, and she isn't even bothered. She has gone back to bed.

He has told me to present her at surgery first thing tomorrow morning without fail.

OMG have rung surgery back, possibility of adder bite when she was mooching around the common on Sunday, same leg as strain. I remember she was trying to dig something out under a rock before I called her back to the car, and it was a few hours after that when she started to go downhill. Am awaiting call back from senior vet. :mecry: Please to keep all paws crossed for our girl.

OMG have rung surgery back, possibility of adder bite when she was mooching around the common on Sunday, same leg as strain. I remember she was trying to dig something out under a rock before I called her back to the car, and it was a few hours after that when she started to go downhill. Am awaiting call back from senior vet. mecry.gif Please to keep all paws crossed for our girl.

Keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif