UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

I'm having trouble posting on here, it's jumping all over the place. :unsure:

We've got Flo back from the vet. The cut is about 10 cms long, on her chest above her left leg. It looks really nasty. I counted 7-8 stitches. The vet gave us a couple of tins of chicken and rice and told us to feed her little and often.

Flo was not impressed, turned up her nose at the tinned stuff and pinched Como's chicken wings. She's happier now I've taken off the pressure bandage she had on the other leg where they put the anaesthetic in.

I'm £235 poorer but v glad she's ok.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yantan, can you not put George in a stroller or similar if he doesnt want to walk?

Mrs M&S Gemstone, I hope that little Danny is feeling better very soon. :GroupHug: And you have to do what other mothers do and take a day or two off if the kids are poorly. Or at least share the time off if both partners are working. :wink: It is awkard but just hope that they don't get sick often. :GroupHug: Even when Lauren was old enough to be left and has been poorly I have gone to work and popped home a few times to check on her and phoned her to check on her too.

Crossposted Spins. Glad Flo is ok, :GroupHug: even though your purse isnt. :(

Edited by safneo

the crate is 30x21 so loads of room for 9 1/2" buffy lol

the rest of the litter got eaten by the mum so the lady took her on at 3 days old. her GSD mothered her and the lady bottle fed her.Buffy is so good and quiet, she wasnt getting the attention she deserves.

:laugh: :laugh:

sorry to hear about flo, hope shes ok. what happened?

No idea how she did it. Graham was walking them this morning and didn't notice the cut until he got home (might suggest an eye test - it's not exactly small!!). Then he panicked and as far as I can tell rushed around in circles not knowing what to do.

Flo rushes off when we're out and explores in the wooded parts of the park - she must have caught herself on something.

Don't know how we're going to stop Como from licking the wound. He's alwyas cleaning Flo up - eares, eyes and round her mouth. Hoping he'll be able to resist the cut.

Safneo - sorry abou the cross posting, I thought I'd lost it (the post, not my mind!! :laugh:

Yantan, can you not put George in a stroller or similar if he doesnt want to walk?

I have thought about one for him but he's such a wuss I doubt I could get him in or keep him in if I succeeded & I can't afford to buy one just to try. However after yesterday's "I can't be arsed with this walking lark" episode he was quite lively today. It might have had something to do with the fact that it was dry as he doesn't like the rain. And at one point, no in fact 2 points, he broke into a trot and was caught kicking his heels up in the dead leaves tho he pretended he wasn't when he realised I was watching him :laugh: :wub: Like his mum he has good and bad days - we truly are a pair of Gemini twins who not only share the same birthday but the same soul :wink:

We have everything crossed here for Wispa :GroupHug:

Thank you all for your good wishes. It is indeed snakebite :ohmy: on the same leg which was already suffering a strain which is what confuzzled things. Wispa is now back on the sofa, eating small amounts of food spiked with vit C. Vet says to get as much vit C into her as poss. She has had more anti-inflam, but temp is down and she is fed up and grumpy rather than sad and silent. The huge area of swelling has gone down and settled in one ginormous lump, with puncture mark visible just below it. Vet says we must come back in the morning, she is not out of the wood yet.

I am now rather wibbly and knocking back some aconite 30.

I have told Wispa it is one thing to act like a warrior queen, wear heavy black eye make up, throw herself at every attractive male and lounge around on the couch looking gorgeous, but snake bite is going too far and please will she find a better role model than Cleopatra.

Sorry Flo is in the wars as well, get well soon :GroupHug:

Like his mum he has good and bad days - we truly are a pair of Gemini twins who not only share the same birthday but the same soul :wink:

Bless! :wub:

Phebe, glad the vet was on the ball and hope that Wispa will be given the all clear tomorrow and can then get back to being a loon. :GroupHug:

Chews have been chomped, dogs are quiet. :biggrin: Unlike grumpy,seriously moody teen! :angry:

It is indeed snakebite :ohmy: Vet says we must come back in the morning, she is not out of the wood yet.

Sorry Flo is in the wars as well, get well soon :GroupHug:

Thanks for good wishes for Flo. So sorry to hear about your bitten beast - hadn't caught up with posts. Hope she is better soon. How did it happen? I thought/hoped all snakes would be safely asleep at this time of year. :unsure: