UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

Blimey Wispa. Pleased the vet diagnosed so quickly. Hoping the vit c is helping her loads and she picks up quickly :GroupHug:

Poor Flo too :GroupHug:

Pleased George has been kicking his heels up today. :wub:

Sorry you're suffering from teen angst Andrea. :GroupHug:

Hope you're feeling better soon Di. There is a nasty bug going round. :GroupHug:

I am absolutely cream crackered. Martyn is off work with his cold.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for all those with poorly doglets or nasty lurgy's - in which club I too am a member.

I "might" have a possible explanation for my weekend of clumsiness, as today has progressed I have become a bit unsteady on my feet and extremely dizzy and nauseous, I kinda shook it off when in work and just carried on trying to ignore the world spinning and going up and down, but when I got home and leaned over to put the poly bag over Nogs dressing to take him out for a wee I ended up like a drunken sailor staggering from one side of the kitchen to the other wacko.gif managed to make it round the garden but when I went back out to pick up his poo it took several attempts and one very quick grab to avoid going head first into the bushes. wacko.gif My temperature and blood pressure are both normal, and aside from the dizziness and nausea I feel fine - which means that I'm probably having a labyrinthitis flare up rolleyes.gif it's been a while since I had one - well had one as bad as this one anyway, so I've dug out my hayfever pills and dosed myself up and we'll just have to wait and see how long this one lasts. Theres nothing I can do, and nothing the Dr can do, medical advice nowadays is just try and carry on as normal and not move my head too quickly.

Thanks for good wishes for Flo. So sorry to hear about your bitten beast - hadn't caught up with posts. Hope she is better soon. How did it happen? I thought/hoped all snakes would be safely asleep at this time of year. :unsure:

It probably was asleep until the spotted loon went poking around in the rocks and woke it up! But maybe not deeply asleep, as it's been fairly mild here.

@ snow, at least now you have an explanation you may be able to avoid any more injuries. Hope it settles down soon.

Oohh Missus Jazz I like your lodger, my kinda dog :wub:

But I have no room for another, I've got my own 5 plus mum and dads pup is here at the mo (and by god is he hard work!), mum fractured her coccyx and cant move too well at the mo and lil Tomdog is running rings round her. He came for the day yesterday and thats kinda been extended..... to friday morning :wacko:

Morning :tired:

We've got Flo back from the vet. The cut is about 10 cms long, on her chest above her left leg. It looks really nasty. I counted 7-8 stitches. The vet gave us a couple of tins of chicken and rice and told us to feed her little and often.

Gentle squishes for Flo :flowers:

It is indeed snakebite :ohmy: on the same leg which was already suffering a strain which is what confuzzled things. Wispa is now back on the sofa, eating small amounts of food spiked with vit C. Vet says to get as much vit C into her as poss. She has had more anti-inflam, but temp is down and she is fed up and grumpy rather than sad and silent. The huge area of swelling has gone down and settled in one ginormous lump, with puncture mark visible just below it. Vet says we must come back in the morning, she is not out of the wood yet.

Sending lots of healing thoughts for the warrior queen :flowers:

tonight I am mainly freezing and aching all over. Im guessing I have a bug of some sort. My glands are up in my neck and I feel like a goat :laugh:

Hope you feel better soon :flowers:

RMF : I can't bluddy wait for Christmas hols to begin.

Morning :flowers:

Hope you are feeling better Di :flowers:

:GroupHug: Owl and Wispa

:GroupHug: Flo

:GroupHug: Snow

Thanks Andrea :flowers:

That relys on you having a family friendly employer though, which unfortunately I did not have last time. I had a massive disagreement with my boss one day when Adam was tiny and sick in the car on my way to work, that was the reason that I left.

:GroupHug: Teenagers!! :rolleyes: :flowers:

Edited by Gemstone

morning. Hope Wispa has a continued quiet day and quick recovery from her snakebite. The only snakebites we see in liverpool are the lager and cider mix that also require quiet recovery periods :laugh:

:GroupHug: hope Flo had a quiet night with stitches still in place

Still feel as rough as a bears @rse today but Im too busy to be sick so Im pretending im fine and getting on with stuff

Morning everyone.

Who is the computer techy on the board? I know I've seen knowledgeable posts from someone but just can't remember who. I have a problem with my computer and would really like some advice before I buy a new one that I really can't afford.

If the computer techy is reading this, would you mind if I PM you with my computer problems :flowers:

hope Flo and Wispa are feeling better and the poorly fugees :GroupHug:

This evening I have to troup down to London to hob nob with a firm that may or may not have won a contract and may or may not be able to offer me a position in 2010 !

At least this mob are honest they don't have a job for me right now , last lot I went to see offered me a flipping job and then found out the budget did not cover hiring new staff !