UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

BillyMalc

Need to sneak out to walk with Az without Mollydog noticing... :unsure:

RMF: when we were away we had some relatives of Mark's staying to look after the cats: they went home on Sunday so Monday and Tues, his parents popped in to feed the cats. Only, they fed them dog food! We'd left 3 bags of cat bics and a box of cat tins, all clearly marked with pictures of cats, and a list of instructions to say who got adult food and who got senior, but we weren't too worried if they got the adult and senior mixed up for a few days. It had not occurred to us that they would *walk past the open bags of cat food* and fill the bowls with kibble from the big bag clearly marked Dog Food, with a photo of a dog on it! :huh:

Last time Mark's parents look after our cats, though I guess a couple of days of dog bics probably did no real harm. :rolleyes: Kjetil likes dog bics anyway, though I can't think they are good for him.

Edited by cycas

Need to sneak out to walk with Az without Mollydog noticing... :unsure:

RMF: when we were away we had some relatives of Mark's staying to look after the cats: they went home on Sunday so Monday and Tues, his parents popped in to feed the cats. Only, they fed them dog food! We'd left 3 bags of cat bics and a box of cat tins, all clearly marked with pictures of cats, and a list of instructions to say who got adult food and who got senior, but we weren't too worried if they got the adult and senior mixed up for a few days. It had not occurred to us that they would *walk past the open bags of cat food* and fill the bowls with kibble from the big bag clearly marked Dog Food, with a photo of a dog on it! :huh:

Last time Mark's parents look after our cats, though I guess a couple of days of dog bics probably did no real harm. :rolleyes: Kjetil likes dog bics anyway, though I can't think they are good for him.

That reminds me of one time we went on holiday and left Alan in charge of feeding. To make it easier for him, instead of feeding raw, we bought tonnes of Nature Diet and left it stacked up in the porch. When we came home we found he'd feed the dogs on *shudder* Bakers & Pedigree Chum all week because he said we hadn't left any dog food :angry: So what the hell was that great big pile of Nature Diet he'd walked past several times daily????????????? Fortunately they recovered and probably quite enjoyed their week of junk food :rolleyes:

I just managed a classic upset the dog owner moment. Customer told me her collie is doing so much better now she has him on a high quality complete food. I said 'oh great, we had him down for Bakers which is crap, what have you changed him to'... ooops. She had changed him to Bakers from Wagg. I told her its full of e numbers and crap but her dog likes it so I must be wrong. hey ho

I have managed to warn a few people off Bakers. One was a lady whose teenage son had adopted a big unruly staffy boy from a place which described itself as a sanctuary - nuff said. No homecheck of course, then son went off to college so mum got landed. She only had experience of labs so was brave indeed to stick with this dog, who was totally uncivilised. I asked her what she was feeding, and it was Bakers. She had picked it because it looked a better quality. I suggested that she got the dog on to a rice kibble food with no additives, and dog's hyperactivity decreased within a few days. He soon calmed down enough to respond to training, and is now manageable. Not soon enough to save the 3 piece, the carpets, the wallpaper and a couple of doors.

When I see the latest ads for Bakers with the pic of dogs going round in spaceships ... yup, that's about right. It does send them into orbit.

Eek at Alan buying Bakers and walking past the Naturediet!

The dog kibble fed to the cats was JWB Lamb and Veg, so apart from being low in taurine I don't suppose it did them any harm. I can't understand how they didn't see the ENORMOUS dog on the bag though! Don't know how much of it our smaller cats managed, the kibbles are enormous compared with the cat ones! I think that's why Kjetil likes them, he's such a huge cat he likes something chunkier to chew and he's always rather fancied himself as a dog...

Ironically if they'd fed the trays of Forthglade meat that were lurking about that would have been fine: I don't normally give the cats that, but it is mostly meat and has the extra taurine etc so you can use it as cat food. The Bungles like it specially, they will grab a lump off a fork and run off with it growling ferociously. :laugh:

Bakers is icky stuff, triumph of marketing over quality. :glare:

Hyper collie = great weekend.

Do you have any smallies in at the weekend Di? I can't walk the big dogs :rolleyes:

I have lots of smallies, although some of the biggies are far better behaved. In all fairness, bakers collie is actually quite quiet and timid so its not anything like a usual collie on bakers. we still have George the dim golden cocker with the lead fixation, a few jrt, a few small x breeds, a couple of yorkies.... all waiting for you to clock on :laugh:

I had cuddles with an Oldies foster who is just stunning and looks as if he's been in his foster home forever :wub: Really should be doing some gardening as back to work next week but can't be bothered :laugh: Think we'll go down by the river today.

Would that be Tarquin? He looks gorgeous from the couple of pics Ive seen so far :biggrin:

The sun in shining but the wind is really nippy here.

Only 3 hours left :elefant:

morning. it looks like its going to be a beautiful day, with blue sky and sunshine. I might even get to mow the garden tonight after work if it holds out. See even more excitment in my life.

Tis a beautiful day here too and I am psyching myself up to mow the lawn front and back when I get home rolleyes.gif

RMF : I am really feeling :tired: This is my tenth day straight without a day off and I cannot wait for the weekend.

Edited by merledogs