UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

BillyMalc

Well have I ever! Never in my wildest dreams have I ever imagined that I'd be on page 1 of RMF, nevermind being the first to post full stop!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Well, errrr, happy September everyone! *ponders about something more profound to say on the first post of the new RMF but can't come up with anything* :: :flowers: :cool:

Back from taking Nog in to the hospital ready for his operation tomorrow - wow what a swanky place it is!! We were both gobsmacked at how posh and ultra modern the hospital is , tho we have been in fits and fits of giggles over the "patient visiting hours" listed up on the wall of reception and on the paperwork we've been given - darn it we forgot to take in his dressing gown & slippers or leave him a prepaid phone card, and we'll need to remember to put lemon squash and grapes on the shopping list for tomorrow laugh.gif It is absolutely state of the art there, digital imaging scanners, mri's, ultra sounds the works, it's a teaching hospital and a world renowned centre for exotic reptiles and avians apparently. ohmy.gif I had absolutely no idea we had something like this in Swindon. We can call any hour day or night if we're worried or just want to check how he's doing and we've met the night nurse who'll be looking after him tonight and he went off quite happily with her.

He's currently first on the list tomorrow although they operate the emergency service through the night so if anything comes in then obviously that gets priority. They'll call us as soon as there's any news so now we just have to do the waiting bit again, not sure if he will be allowed home tomorrow apparently they do like to keep them 24 - 48 hours post op just to make sure all is well and theres no reactions to the plates and GA etc.

It's brilliant there isn't it? I knew it was a referral centre but it wasn't until a few minths ago I found out it was the best avian veterinary surgery in Europe! Exotics and birds can be registered directly with them and appointments made without referrals and that's where I took Wally Cockerel when he was ill. His vet was fantastic. Even though Wally couldn't be saved I'm so glad I found that place because my own vets are useless with chickens. I'm sure Nog will be fine there :GroupHug:

Morning.

Wasn't brave enough to start a new RMF when I was burning the midnight oil last night. One day .......

Sorry to hear you're not too good Di - just 7 minutes until you keep pressing that redial button to the GPs. :(

Thinking good Nog thoughts for today.

:biggrin: an RMF I can keep up with.Had a friend from Beirut staying for a month,tricky in a one bed house,she left very early this morning and it is bliss to have my home just for me and the Ds again.Doing a H/C then a trip to the tip afterwards,such an exciting life I lead :rolleyes: Real touch of Autumn in the air this morning.

It can't be September already :ohmy:

Tracy you have made me laugh muchly with your post on the vet hospital. Also I am thinking of Nog today :GroupHug:

Marian does your back up wet nose alarm poke you up the posterior or in the face :unsure: I hope it's not the former followed by the latter :laugh:

Bloomin' heck it's not raining here. That's a first for a long time.