UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

BillyMalc

Morning :flowers:

Just had breakfast and about to go and see the campers and have a walk in the woods. I'm glad we came, everyone has been lovely. Bittersweet memories everywhere, especially when looking at the only brindle (Missey). Reminds me so much of Spike in his younger years. :wub:

Have a good day everyone, I'll be back home later :flowers:

Had a fabulous day at Irish Retriever Rescue Dog Show near Bath,was helping Taramoochi on Oldies stall next door to ReikiAnge. Show was very good,lots of interest in Oldies Club and met some gorgeous dogs including Minnie :wub: and so proud of the Ds who behaved very very well despite being kept onlead most of the day which they aren't used to :wub:

Was lovely to meet you and the Ds finally Lynne and to see Cat again :flowers: Mins and I had a great day, I think Mins ate about half her body weight in treats :laugh: but she was such a good girl and very good at scrounging too :wub:

Had a lovely walk with the mutts earlier, but kept it fairly short cos we had a long-ish run yesterday and Milly's front leg gets tired pretty quickly. I've noticed that the muscles in her back legs are really building up - she had hardly any tone in them before because she put all her weight on the front and just used her back legs for balance. Now she can't carry as much weight on the front, her back legs are developing muscles.

RMF : I have cleaned and hoovered and washed dog beds and cushion covers in an effort to de-dog the living room. I need to wash the rugs but can't be faffed at the moment - might do them later once I've had lunch and a read.

I swear this kitten is going to be the death of me.How can one smallish menace cause so much bother.He's now been up the apple tree and I've just caught him on next door's shed :rolleyes: I have had to improvise kitten blockade type things on all things he might be able to climb up :mad: Poor mobility my arse,it certainly doesn't seem to have affected his bloody climbing skills :huh: I have now nicknamed him the ginga ninja :wacko:

Wispa and I went to Cefn Sidan beach with Mike and Stevie. It was baking hot and we all went in the sea and played in the waves, humans and dogs. Stevie got the hang of swimming which he has never done before, and is very good at it. He is a real surfer dude now :snorkle: Wispa loves to run in water but she still doesn't swim, and she felt left behind when the rest of us swam and she didn't so we came back to the shallows. While in the water I accidentally stood on a big flatfish and fell over when it took off, and also got stung by a jellyfish. The stung area looked red and horrible but didn't bother me much, so it must have been a relatively harmless jelly. Crossing the beach, we were taken by surpise when the ranger's 4x4 came belting along the sand - and for the 1st time ever Wispa came back from vehicle pursuit when I whistled :angel:

As I drove out of the park, I saw that Greyhound Rescue Wales had a show there, so on an impulse I went in and entered Wispa for Best Rescue any breed or mixture. She showed beautifully as too knackered to boing or misbehave, and of course was sparkling clean :dwet: and completely fox-free. We got 1st out of a class of 18. :ohmy: I am a bit stunned.

good evening. had a great day behaving like a tourist round london today, then found myself in a crowd of about 200 policemen... not a bad place to be :laugh: there was a demo against the BNP clashing with a demo against muslims to bit of a fraught atmosphere in the centre of london. got the folks back to the hotel then went for a wander along the river for the festival going on.

Am heading out for a thai meal shortly, then meeting up with a mate from the east end for a few beers. its good to escape from work, as too much time at my desk turns me into a grumpy kennel owner :laugh: :laugh: :sleep: