UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

I will be spending about 15 hours in a portacabin tomorrow. Any suggestions no how i can keep myself entertained?

On such occasions my list of things to take goes along the lines of –

Books (probably more than one so I can make sure there’s something to match my mood)

Magazine

Newspaper

Knitting

Cross stitch

Any hobby type stuff I have ever done, even if I haven’t done it for yonks

Letter writing materials - personal and business

Listening material – radio, CDs, iPod

Cards for patience + String Games (neither of which probably come out, but, just in case!)

Any paperwork that has been put on one side, that needs sorting/thinking about

Food (and drink!) – preferably nice picky bits that I can spread out during the day

Miscellaneous catalogues I have intended ordering plants, Christmas cards, goods from

I work on the principle that if I have loads of different things to do – and I swap between them every hour (when I had my feet broken I had a ‘rule’ that I never did anything for longer than an hour – quit while you’re enjoying was my rule) I will be able to keep going for however long is needed.

Do I want to know why you are going to be stuck in a portacabin for so long?

eeerm I have a photo of you in a dress, you never gave it to your cleaner for dusters did you????????????/

nooooooo i have a dress to my name... one dress :laugh: it was suitable for spain in 30 odd degrees in June... it is not suitable for London in 18 degrees british summer :laugh: That photo of me in a dress raised £95 quid last year, although admittedly the fact i had to hold a real live baby and have shoes on and carry a handbag all went towards the sponsorship :laugh:

I do have a nice skirt and a pretty blouse from India or Thailand or somewhere exotic to go with the skirt. All is not quite lost. ( i still look like les dawson in drag mind)

Do I want to know why you are going to be stuck in a portacabin for so long?

Community election polling station

Oh I was very norty in a portacabin once. Well twice actually :blush02:

:ohmy: Marion!!

No such thing shall be happening tomorrow lol. Apart from the presiding officer the next closest living creatures will the cows in the field opposite lol