UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

ASDA only range from 1-5 and i buy the 5 :laugh: I shall go and investigate tesco next week and see what delights they have.

I had a phone call last week, one night at 10.40pm. it went to answer machine, so i ignored it, and it rang again and again. having an outside bell means it woke up the entire kennels. Turns out it was a woman wanting to book a cat in, who couldnt see what the problem was ringing at that time because the internet is open so why arnt I :laugh: I got accused of being very inflexible for not having my booking program up and running on the pc, and stupid and disorganised for not knowing if i had space next week off the top of my head. She has finally rung back in daylight hours, and was stupid enough to remind me it was she who had rung at 10.40pm. Had she said nothing she would have got in... reminding me she thinks i am stupid was not the way to get her cat into boarding :laugh:

The strongest cheddar at Tavistock Cheese Fair last year was Greens of Glastonbury (A MAN's cheese!) declared the party of giggly women who were going round after us. I don't think real cheesemakers number their cheeses by flavour...

There are Three Great Cheddars of the Isle of Britain, Montgomery, Keens and Westcombe. If you haven't tried them and love cheese, you really should seek them out, they are all three of them fabulous. My favorite is Westcombe.

The strongest cheese we tasted was Little Stinky from Whalesborough farm but that was too much for me. Big stinky would have been a better name for it! :laugh:

This year's cheese festival is coming up this weekend : http://bit.ly/1aWq5Q - last year I'm afraid there was no wine, but there was plenty of cider!

Daisy has an upset stomach - again :rolleyes: wanted to go out at 3.10am and as a friend staying is sleeping in the lounge thought I'd let her out the front door instead - opens onto a stream,not a road - big mistake,she immediately dashed off sniffing like mad some trail,then started barking which meant Duncan came flying down the stairs barking as well so not only did I wake Brenda but possibly most of my neighbours :ohmy: Went back to bed and no Duncan,called him,no response so panicking thought I'd left him outside in the kerfuffle so opened front door to see a fox go racing past - thankfully I closed the door before Daisy got there,Duncan was on his bed under the stairs in the shadows.

You lot going on about cheese has made my stomach think my throat has been cut and the growling grumbling noises can be heard nextdoor! It doesn't help either that I have a nice portion of last nights spagbol waiting for me for my lunch - and whilst its scrummy when fresh it's even scrummier when it's leftovers with fresh grated parmesan on top wub.gif I have been telling myself I can't have spagbol at 10 o'clock in the morning (well actually I told myself I couldn't have it for breakfast at 7am, then again at 8am, and it was riddiculous to consider it at 9am laugh.gif ) but my stomach just informed my brain that if I had got up at 9 it would now be 12 and thus perfectly acceptable to eat spagbol and besides it's starviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing laugh.gif I can't argue with that logic (or ignore my tummy any longer) so I am off to warm up the spaggybol laugh.gif

ewwwwwwwwwww parmesan... :sick02: Now there is a cheese that should be banned for smelling like vomit

Oh god it really does doesn't it. It should also be banned for very rarely being suitable for veggies, meaning along with other cheeses used, I can't eat most pesto and I love pesto.

We have some cheese from Heritage called Burner for medicinal use only. I am nibbling through it a tiny bit at a time. Small amounts work well for me as an anti-depressant, but I wouldn't call it a food. It has garlic, peppers, chillies. I don't recommend it for anyone except a professional fire-eater or possibly a dragon. Wispa is annoyed that she is not allowed any, and has to make do with cheddar.

We went in the park this morning and had a riotous and rather muddy time. Polly has lost a lot more of her sight :mecry: and now prefers to be mostly on lead. You don't notice it so much in the house as she knows her way around.

The strongest cheddar at Tavistock Cheese Fair last year was Greens of Glastonbury (A MAN's cheese!) declared the party of giggly women who were going round after us. I don't think real cheesemakers number their cheeses by flavour...

There are Three Great Cheddars of the Isle of Britain, Montgomery, Keens and Westcombe. If you haven't tried them and love cheese, you really should seek them out, they are all three of them fabulous. My favorite is Westcombe.

The strongest cheese we tasted was Little Stinky from Whalesborough farm but that was too much for me. Big stinky would have been a better name for it! :laugh:

This year's cheese festival is coming up this weekend : http://bit.ly/1aWq5Q - last year I'm afraid there was no wine, but there was plenty of cider!

Westcountry cheeses are best

proper mature cheddar, stilton and dont forget

somerset brie, far far nicer than the french stuff, but then

again I am biased lol :biggrin: :biggrin:

I prefer the Somerset Brie to French as well.

Love Cornish Yarg. And Orkney cheese, a fairly recent development as production was started in the 40s. There are some well wicked Welsh cheeses. Try Llanboidy if you get the chance.